Deleted

[Music] One Direction Earns 160 Million In Just 2 Years.

One Direction is one of the most successful pop acts in the industry, and the boys have the bank accounts to prove it. The Brits have reportedly pocketed over £100 million — or $160 million — over the last two years.

But Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik aren’t the only ones racking in millions. One Direction’s success has also earned Simon Cowell and their record label Syco an extra £200 million — or $323 million.

The lads’ debut album, Up All Night, sold over 12 million copies worldwide and topped the Billboard 200, becoming the first debut record from a British group to do so. Since the album’s release, One Direction embarked on a sold-out tour, released a live concert DVD, authored two behind-the-scenes books and even released their very own collection of dolls.

Recently the band signed a deal with Pepsi which is thought to be worth millions, and are also set to embark on a huge world tour next year which will see their earnings increase significantly.

One Thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xs_xPb46M

Sources:
    http://www.celebuzz.com/2012-09-20/o...ust-two-years/
    http://www.hollywire.com/2012/09/rol...over-two-years
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/art...170434256.html

Not much to say.
    It is a boys band, but as far as sucessful (typo cba) british bands go, this one can only be measured in euros/pounds cause they dont have enough hits or talent like other boys bands
    take that
    back street boys
    etc

In b4 wannabe commies call for their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because I buy back up copies of their albums just in case my back up copies break.

@1:54, was she breast feeding or something? What's with the drape?
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-09-21 at 12:38 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show you what is wrong with the music business today. Very few bands have the talent to create anything unique and then you have all these hacks who couldn't play an instrument or sing for real to save their lives. If there was one thing the digital evolution has ruined, it was music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty generic pop music. No surprise that it's successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot damn. All the more power to them.

Unlike Biebs, I don't find their song (there's only the one in the OP, right?) detestable.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-09-21 at 02:06 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

My 13 year old daughter is obsessed with them, so I've heard most of their music unfortunately. It's not so terrible I don't let her play it, some of it is catchy just like every other boy band has had a few songs.

I saw a post on facebook and was dying laughing, it just struck me as incredibly funny. She scowled at me for two days.

How do 5 gays walk? In one direction.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing all of those copies sold are teenage girls in the age between 12 - 18.

No surprise, that's a huge market for this kind of garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Did I hear "Dick-eating" @ :16?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

These guys have nothing on BSB.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have Simon Cowel to thanks people

Impressive.

The most astounding thing about it is that.... "What makes you beautiful" is indeed an extremely catchy great pop song, but I previewed the rest of their album and not one of their other songs even comes close to it.

Their entire fanbase of screaming tween girls somehow pays for their album and to see them live, despite that only 1 song is truly great. Artists who can cash in on silly little girls crushes = The motherload of cash apparently

when the group fades, id wager at least 2 of them will reveal that they are gay
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words: Teenage girls. Nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Two words: Teenage girls. Nuff said.
    Don't blame the teenage girls, the money doesn't just appear in their pockets, blame the lazy dumb arse parents buying this crap as presents or giving the kids money-

My daughter is 15 and hates everything Manufactured -

Deleted
    Good for them

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    Don't blame the teenage girls, the money doesn't just appear in their pockets, blame the lazy dumb arse parents buying this crap as presents or giving the kids money-

My daughter is 15 and hates everything Manufactured -
    How is a parent dumb or lazy to give their kid something they like?

Deleted
    Im no fan of pop music or the band itself but that's quite amazing. They came from the British version of X factor and if I remember right they didn't even enter the competition as a group, the show put them together. Good for them really.