Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
LastLast
  1. #901
    Is there any way of making a macro that uses Elemental Blast when I'm specced into it, and whenever i'm specced into unleashed fury to use unleash elements instead?
    Mainly need this for when I do CMs, it's a pain having to rekeybind those every time.

  2. #902
    I'm not sure if it would work (haven't tested it) but I think in theory if you just made the following macro

    /cast Elemental Blast
    /cast Unleash Elements

    it would work. Macros that contain spells with a GCD in them only cast the first GCD spell then end when you press them, if you are in a spec that doesn't have EB, I would assume it would skip than and cast UE. Not 100% sure, but I'm 90% sure that would work.


  3. #903
    I never thought such a simple macro would do it, it worked perfectly thanks a lot undefetter
    Btw I've been wondering, I switched to troll last night, As a troll during the pull, what would be best to do?

    scenario 1: Macro Berserking to Ascendance, proceed to spam lvb
    scenario 2: Use berserking before flame shock to get extra ticks, unleash elements (specced into unleashed fury) and then ascendance, proceed to spam lvb.

  4. #904
    A more powerful Flame Shock doesn't actually buff Ascendance in any way (read: in any way more advantageous than it would normally*). Ascendance doesn't increase the damage of Lava Burst, it just removes the CD, and as such Lava Surge procs if anything mean LESS during Ascendance than outside of it. You should aim to have a full duration Unleash Fury buff up during Ascendance though.

    tl;dr Scenario one, but cast UE (with UF) right before you cast Ascendance.

    *NB: This is true for just Ascendance. However, you normally combine Ascendance with other buffs (pot, trinkets, Skull Banner ect), and as such it may well be more effective to sync up a more powerful Flame Shock with your Ascendance, but really you are syncing it with these extra external buffs, not with Ascendance itself. As a general tip, I would say its never worth it to cast Flame Shock again unless there is less than ~6 seconds remaining on it (meaning you only 'waste' 1 tick) as most haste buffs only provide an extra 2 ticks. However, if you have 2 or more Haste buffs up at once (Beserking, a Trinket, BL or Meta gem) you are good to refresh flame shock at basically anything below 10 seconds (its not exactly that, but that is a fair guideline to follow).
    Last edited by Undefetter; 2014-07-04 at 10:13 AM.


  5. #905
    Whole bunch of criticism needed right now.

    Ring and Off hand Gear:
    (Armory in link)
    Rings available: Heroic Extinguished Ember of Galakras, Normal Signet of the Dinomancers, Heroic Laser-slice Signet, Heroic Seal of Eternal Sorrow.
    I'm aware that the best HWF off-piece is the gloves, but those aren't available yet. Which rings should I be using given my current gear? I should let you know that Thok has been hiding his tier helm and ring from me for the past 3 weeks or so (10 man guild). The off hand has also been giving me a tough time. I have been using normal Revelations of Y'shaarj, but am looking for Juggernaut's heroic off hand because the stats don't include hit/spirit. Should I be using Nuro's Enigmatic Barrier over Norm Revelations if it drops?

    Ascendance:
    Making sure to use insta lvb before popping ascendance, using unleash elements before spamming lvb, but when unleash elements comes off CD and I still have a few seconds of ascendance left, is it worth it to use it instead of continuing the chain of lvb? What sort of priority does unleash elements hold?

    Also, struggling to get over 2.2m DPS during Heroic Shamans opener. I understand that the boss is farm content, but it's still nice to know I'm doing all I can. Right now my opener is -2 seconds to pull use fire elemental, 0 second Lust, then stormlash (we have 2 shamans, the other is resto, and I use SL first), chain lightning to proc trinkets, meta cloak, etc, and then finally ascendance with lava beam spam. Any comments?

    Thanks in advance, and wish us luck in our next few weeks on Siegecrafter

    Edit: Anzen, where art thou?
    Last edited by Xeonii; 2014-07-11 at 02:52 PM.
    Deathrites Armory
    11/14 H
    Bleeding Hollow

  6. #906
    Epic! Anzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ravencrest
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Whole bunch of criticism needed right now.

    Ring and Off hand Gear:
    <snip>

    Ascendance:
    <snip>

    Thanks in advance, and wish us luck in our next few weeks on Siegecrafter

    Edit: Anzen, where art thou?
    I'd definitely use Normal Signet of the Dinomancer & Heroic Laser-Slice Signet, there's really not much competition at this point. Not only are they the best with your current gear setup, they're also both now BiS since item upgrades.

    The off-hand queries hard to say, it really depends how much over hit-cap the shield would put you; with your current gear, it's not worth getting Noru's. The off-hand from Juggernaut is defintely worth taking until you get the Garrosh OH though (unless you can drop spirit in the meantime).

    Whilst it's good general practice to consume Lava Surge charges before using Ascendance, and trying to have the UF buff up; you're main focus of when to pop Ascendance should be: A) Scenario and/or B) Trinket Procs: for example, I will always use Ascendance just as Kardris does Foul Geyser. If there isn't an obvious moment like this of when to use Ascendance, you'd simply wait for a trinket proc as long as it means you can use Ascendance the same amount of times per fight. Also, it's not worth using UE during Ascendance, you should only use it as a GCD during forced movement (if you don't have SWG).

    For the burst on Shamans: You should be pre-casting Chain Lightning before the pull then pop Heroism, otherwise you're sitting around doing nothing. It should go something like Fire Ele (2.5) > Pot > Chain Lightning (1.5) > Heroism (0) > Ascendance > Lava Beam x 1000. It's also worth noting, you should get the Resto Shaman to use his SL totem on the pull since he loses nothing doing it, then you just drop yours when Ascendance runs out, it's a pretty reasonable compromise.

    GOOD LUCK ON BLACKFUSE!!

  7. #907
    If you have the UF Talent, then it is always worth to cast UE, as it (behind Flame Shock) has your highest DPS priority, even higher than Lava Burst. However, try to time it so that the use of a GCD wont cost you a lava burst. For example, if you have a 1.5 second cast time on Lava Burst, and 2 seconds left on Ascendance, casting UE will mean that you will only have time for 1 more Lava Burst, but if you cast Lava Burst FIRST, you could then cast UE, your Ascendance would end during that GCD, but you would still be able to cast Lava Burst afterwards, gaining you a free Lava Burst cast.


  8. #908
    Do you think it can be a dps increase not to use earthshock/fulmination during the 10s buff you get after you unleash elements with unleashed fury?
    Last edited by tidus93; 2014-07-24 at 03:04 PM.

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    Do you think it can be a dps increase not to use earthshock/fulmination during the 10s buff you get after you unleash elements with unleashed fury?
    The damage buff isn't big enough to warrant the loss of stacks you would get whilst casting Lightning Bolt, all for the sake of saving 1 GCD.


  10. #910
    Is it worth it to save Unleash Flame for when your lava burst is off CD? Or do you just want to use it on CD?

  11. #911
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Is it worth it to save Unleash Flame for when your lava burst is off CD? Or do you just want to use it on CD?
    Unless you cast it immediately after casting Lava Burst, it will always come off cooldown before the buff runs out. The only situation I ever delay it is if I just cast Lava Burst and I need to cast Flame Shock within the next 3-4 seconds, because its not worth it to use the buff on Flame Shock. There is no need to wait the full 8 seconds though, just cast it immediately after casting Flame Shock then cast LvB ASAP.


  12. #912
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Unless you cast it immediately after casting Lava Burst, it will always come off cooldown before the buff runs out. The only situation I ever delay it is if I just cast Lava Burst and I need to cast Flame Shock within the next 3-4 seconds, because its not worth it to use the buff on Flame Shock. There is no need to wait the full 8 seconds though, just cast it immediately after casting Flame Shock then cast LvB ASAP.
    Thank you!

  13. #913
    Hello,
    I'm currently 578 ilvl and am wondering about haste vs mastery builds for H Progression. We are on H Siegecrafter. For Thok i went with a Haste build and got it up to around 15300 with my mastery being around 75%. My question is whether its worth it to increase my mastery to 98-100% and get my haste to around 12400.... my armory is Drdoomtrain horde Kil'jaeden Thanks! We have logs on Warcraftlogs as well our guild is Testament. Cant post links yet >.<

  14. #914
    @DrDoomtrain

    Details

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omtrain/simple
    SimCraft Link : http://cl.ly/image/0m3V0X0f2Z0k

    Couldn't find your guild on WoL. I found a couple of guilds called Testament on Kiljaeden but they were both inactive for months.

    Armory Notes

    So according to SimCraft Mastery is still ahead of Haste, but you are getting to the point now where basically all stats are almost even now. I will note that the gear you had on when I armory'ed you had you with 16.79% Hit. I know you are reforged out of Spirit everywhere you can, and only have spirit gems where you still want the socket bonus, but it is actually worth while you changing those gems for stam+stat instead of spirit+stat, especially if you are still doing progression. Just a little note.

    Considering the only thing you have any leeway on is your gemming/enchanting, and considering the stat weights your gear came out with (purely single target btw, Mastery pulls even further ahead on AoE fights), I'd probably say stick where you are, the much bigger thing for you is finding items without Spirit on them, you are losing out on a lot of stats like that. A little bit more Mastery would be beneficial, but the less Haste you have the better it will be. Maybe try replacing a couple of the Haste gems and re-simming yourself.


  15. #915
    Simcraft is fine and all, but you need to focus on what the fight requires more than what the most theoretical dps would be.

    I used to hold top ten ranks on 25 man siegecrafter before I quit a month and a half ago. I'm going to assume you are using the mine strat, where crawler mines are the biggest issue. In this case, I would heavily favor a mastery build as your AOE damage will matter much more than single target. Let the true single target all stars do the boss damage.

    Good luck on Siege prog. I would recommend looking at a full haste build for paragons and garrosh, as single target damage is much more important on those fights (I held top ranks on those as well).

    -Shox

  16. #916
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    Simcraft is fine and all, but you need to focus on what the fight requires more than what the most theoretical dps would be.

    I used to hold top ten ranks on 25 man siegecrafter before I quit a month and a half ago. I'm going to assume you are using the mine strat, where crawler mines are the biggest issue. In this case, I would heavily favor a mastery build as your AOE damage will matter much more than single target. Let the true single target all stars do the boss damage.

    Good luck on Siege prog. I would recommend looking at a full haste build for paragons and garrosh, as single target damage is much more important on those fights (I held top ranks on those as well).

    -Shox
    I agree on AOE fights that Mastery is much more important. However, your point about a Haste build for single target is actually kind of an oxymoron, considering the fact that the simulation was *for* single target and it put Mastery pretty ahead of Haste anyway. Thats why I was suggesting he favor slightly more Mastery, as it is (theoretically) better for both situations.


  17. #917
    He is not itemized correctly, and that's why. He doesn't have enough mastery gear passively for Simcraft to allow him to go full haste. Moreover, it's truly because he dumped too much into haste blindly without using a reforge plot.

    For paragons he will be using PE for burn phases, giving haste more power implicitly, something not taken into account for Simcraft. Additionally, during his prog process of Garrosh he will likely be able to become itemized correctly and safely go into a full haste build for that. I considered these variables before giving him my recommendation.

    I'll say this again from my first post, theoreticals (Simcraft) are fine and all, but you have to adjust based on fight requirements. I speak from experience and rely less on theoreticals.

  18. #918
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    He is not itemized correctly, and that's why. He doesn't have enough mastery gear passively for Simcraft to allow him to go full haste. Moreover, it's truly because he dumped too much into haste blindly without using a reforge plot.

    For paragons he will be using PE for burn phases, giving haste more power implicitly, something not taken into account for Simcraft. Additionally, during his prog process of Garrosh he will likely be able to become itemized correctly and safely go into a full haste build for that. I considered these variables before giving him my recommendation.

    I'll say this again from my first post, theoreticals (Simcraft) are fine and all, but you have to adjust based on fight requirements. I speak from experience and rely less on theoreticals.
    Few Points in response to this

    1 - If that is the gear he has, that is the gear he has. He isn't in BiS so saying how he should build in BiS items isn't useful, its how he should build with the items he actually has that matters. It's all well and good saying what he should do when he gets better gear, but he has to get tha gear first, and telling him to build that way now without the gear is actually counter productive.

    2 - The Simcraft I ran had him actually already using Primal Elementalist in the Sim, so actually yes, that is taken into account. Without Primal Elementalist Mastery becomes even further ahead.

    3 - Personal Experience is great, but you can't blindly ignore numbers and say "I'm right because I got high ranks". That has just as much to do with raid composition and items as it does with itemisation. If Mastery is best single target, with Primal Elementalist on, then it is definitely better AoE, and definitely better without PE.


  19. #919
    You're missing many of the fundamental points I'm making. I'll attribute that to your lack of raid tier experience this expansion.

    I'm retired and not here to argue (nor care enough to do so).

    Drdoom,
    You have my recommendations. Good luck on completing the tier.

  20. #920
    Multitarget
    Two to Five Targets

    Cleaving:
    Single target rotation & substitute Chain Lightning (either glyphed or unglyphed) in place of Lightning Bolt
    AoE
    Cast Chain Lightning (either glyphed or unglyphed) on the highest target.
    ok so if it's 2 targets, single target with chain lightning and if it's 3 just chain lightning all day ignoring charges/flame shock/lava proc?

    also if it's just 2 targets and we are doing the single target rotation (and let's assume both flame shock run full duration), it is really not worth trying to get in another flame shock for the extra lava burst? it is pretty high on dmg per execute as well i'm guessing?

    sorry for the dumb question. i am not even level 90 on my shaman, just bored and felt like reading the guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •