Deleted

Concerning blood spirits - enchanting material

I have been looking at the developer interviews and two things concerning professions stand out.

From the interview summary:
    "There are a large number of players that enjoy crafting or aren't able to do raids, which is why the profession recipes like engineering goggles are still relevant even past the first content patch. The gear is still fun to make and useful for those players. It is unlikely that we will see crafted gear that remains upgraded and relevant throughout the entire expansion."

Sure, okay, I like the idea that I can craft my epics without having to raid. I also like that it's being extended into the later patches as well. With Firelands, I hated that, even if you got your hands on a LW recipe, it was still very hard to get the mats to even craft the gear. It was tied into the raid way too much. (I liked the chaos orbs though.)

Then, the next bullet point:
    "Blood Spirit is found from Disenchanting raid weapons and then used for crafting epic gear. It is there to offer an alternative to just Disenchanting some loot and getting materials for an enchant."

Now this is completely the opposite of what the above point makes, isn't it? Probably, all the craftable epics will require this, so I'll be completely dependent of raiding again. With 4.0, I remember that you didn't need anything from any raid to craft T11 epics. I really liked this a lot.
    However, maybe I'm just seeing something wrong here. Does anybody have some more info on this?

The patterns give raid-level gear, so it makes sense that they should require raid-level mats. It's been that way since BC and Nether Vortex.

I'm just concerned about the availability of Sha Crystals due to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The patterns give raid-level gear, so it makes sense that they should require raid-level mats. It's been that way since BC and Nether Vortex.

I'm just concerned about the availability of Sha Crystals due to this.
    Sha crystals can be created by combining lesser materials, so they'll be expensive, but not non existent like in tier 11.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Sha crystals can be created by combining lesser materials, so they'll be expensive, but not non existent like in tier 11.
    There's a one-day cooldown on crating a Sha Crystal. You need TEN of them to do Dancing Steel (best melee enchant in game).

They're going to be even more expensive than they were in T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a one-day cooldown on crating a Sha Crystal. You need TEN of them to do Dancing Steel (best melee enchant in game).

Yeah, but there are a LOT more enchanters doing this cooldown then there were epics getting sharded in t11, I'm sure. Also they don't use any other materials, pretty much, so that saves a bit too. Power Torrent also cost 8 Heavenly Shards which were very costly still. I think the costs will be higher, on the whole cause of price inflation, but not through availability. At least not for as long as t11 made it, which was up till the Troll Heroics started dropping epics and giving crystals.

Ah Sha Crystal. Truegold all over again.
    Moo.

No, the cost of a Sha Crystal shouldn't exceed the cost of the cheapest 476 epic.

I think what they are saying is that the non-raid craftables will still be good for non-raiders later in the exp because they wont be raiding to get gear to replace them. There will still be patterns that drop in raids but there are also patterns outside of raids.

Another thing is that if they keep the material the same, you can just run T14 over and over in T15-16 to farm these materials for new crafting gear. I would like to know if you can DE LFR gear to get them. Technically it is still raid gear, the same as the norm/heroic gear but a lower ilvl.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 01:44 AM ----------

Except there will also be a lot of people running LFR getting multiples of the same item. More people raiding = more shards. Add to that the daily CD and there will be more epic shards than the beginning of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I think what they are saying is that the non-raid craftables will still be good for non-raiders later in the exp because they wont be raiding to get gear to replace them. There will still be patterns that drop in raids but there are also patterns outside of raids.

Another thing is that if they keep the material the same, you can just run T14 over and over in T15-16 to farm these materials for new crafting gear. I would like to know if you can DE LFR gear to get them. Technically it is still raid gear, the same as the norm/heroic gear but a lower ilvl.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 01:44 AM ----------

Except there will also be a lot of people running LFR getting multiples of the same item. More people raiding = more shards. Add to that the daily CD and there will be more epic shards than the beginning of Cata.
    They changed LFR loot so you either get something useful or just some gold, not sure if you can actually get a duplicate from that.
    Besides, the loot is now based per person rather then grouped, thus someone who isnt an enchanter that runs LFR wont get any Sha crystals.

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, but there are a LOT more enchanters doing this cooldown then there were epics getting sharded in t11, I'm sure. Also they don't use any other materials, pretty much, so that saves a bit too. Power Torrent also cost 8 Heavenly Shards which were very costly still. I think the costs will be higher, on the whole cause of price inflation, but not through availability. At least not for as long as t11 made it, which was up till the Troll Heroics started dropping epics and giving crystals.
    Maybe, but demand is also vastly increased.
    In cata someone who wasnt raiding (thus didnt had a chance to get an epic crystal other then buying it) didnt really care about the toptier enchants since they where so insanely overpriced it wasent worth putting em on just heroic dungeon gear.
    Now with LFR (and increased ways to gain valor) gear hold some more value thus in theory someone might be more inclined to spend X amount of gold because they wont replace it that easy.

LFR also has the competition element on dps charts to some extend so i could see more people enchanting/gemming to try and reach top 3 on LFR runs or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    They changed LFR loot so you either get something useful or just some gold, not sure if you can actually get a duplicate from that.
    Besides, the loot is now based per person rather then grouped, thus someone who isnt an enchanter that runs LFR wont get any Sha crystals.
    You can and you will. And yes, only enchanters can profit from LFR in that fashion but I think that's fair. Mostly because I am one