Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does blizz nerf specs that are already behind?

At least leave them alone, but why nerf?

wtf?

What if I actually like arcane? (I know, god forbid, right)?...

Thanks for even more reason not to play what I want to Blizz... gg...

What spec are you on about?Are you telling me arcane is behind on dps?

Im sorry, but mages are not behind in any aspect... Unless you're talking about interesting game-play...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me clarify, arcane v fire, yes... and, yes, as much as I enjoy arc and the new changes, I would say it is behind fire (imo) right now.

I mean, did arc really need a 3.5% nerf across the board?

Mage specs have literally never been closer in dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't playing Arcane right then. Its a small adjustment nerf- brought back the mages in my guild in line with the other dps rather then doing 4k more then everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Unless you are in hard mode guild i don't think those 3 % gonna matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    At least leave them alone, but why nerf?

wtf?

What if I actually like arcane? (I know, god forbid, right)?...

Thanks for even more reason not to play what I want to Blizz... gg...
    http://simulationcraft.org/

Sooooo just so you know mages don't get their nuke talents till 90. And alot of the abilities we have are tuned for 90 not 85. Plus alot of things will fall correctly in place once your in MoP gear. So please do research and know what is going on before you make a post.

PS. My mage is Fire and i wreck everyone in my full heroic raid.

http://www.icy-veins.com/classes-wow

that one just above will train you to not suck so bad. Blame the player not the game.
    Last edited by Damnitbobby; 2012-09-22 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS. My mage is Fire and i wreck everyone in my full heroic raid.
    I think you're missing my point. I said 'spec', not 'class'.

And, I like that I "suck so bad" when you really don't know anything about me, my guild or my toon when all I was doing was making a valid point that a spec that is already in a good-enough spot is just as well left alone w/o a nerf...

WAH WAH WAH, mages have never and will never ever be unviable in any of their specs for either aspect of the game.

"Nerf arcane oh noes it makes it worse than fire but it's still like one of the top dps specs overall in the game, HOW DARE YOU".

There is a reason they nerfed it, as much as rogues would like everyone to think that Blizzard just nerf things because they hate them (same can be said for warriors i guess) and if for some insane reason they decide that nerfing was a bad idea, guess what, they'll BUFF you to boot

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a mage as main; and mages almost never have really been "behind". All specs are still very much viable atm, and let's see how it packs out at 90, shall we?

Calm your beard son!
    Mop is only a few days away, you will be hitting 90 soon enough. From that point forward you will have your lvl90 talents that will change the way you play all specs.
    The nerf was to bring Arcane inline with fire/frost.
    That said i played all 3 specs in the beta, and quite frankly they are all very close to one another so you have nothing to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    The answer is PvE - PvP implications.
    Untill BLZ refuse to implement two-value numbers for spells and abilities this will go on.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Do you want 3 viable PVE DPS specs or..?

Oh wait thats right , you have them.. lol.

Deleted
    I don't see any hunters on that graph. I feel sad for my hunter friend, he will be so bullied in our raids.

I dont think hunters are correctly modeled in simulation craft. Many beta raid tests showed hunters as very very competitive.

I think we should worry about fixing some of the lower specs rather than making the top 3 dps specs in the game all Mages.

Also Simcraft is never 'super' accurate, maybe blizzard tests show Arcane mage being too high.
    Hi Sephurik

I think we should worry about fixing some of the lower specs rather than making the top 3 dps specs in the game all Mages.

Also Simcraft is never 'super' accurate, maybe blizzard tests show Arcane mage being too high.
    Exactly - and the fights will differ a whole lot, once u add multiple targets and aoe encounters!

What makes me really sad tho, is not seeing: Rogues, Mages, Locks and Hunters topping the scales on pure dps fights. It's just seem so unreal that a class with no other option than dps, aint the best at what they do, but instead getting pwned by hybrid classes with several options on what they wanna do. I'm not talking a huge gap, but why is a hunter's specs like ranked 20 on the simcraft scale, I really hope lvl 90 makes iot more "balanced".

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Mage specs have literally never been closer in dps.
    This, I mean one spec is always going to be better than the next in any class. Play what you want.. its pretty balanced right now in mages, try and learn what you can to do more dps than trying to make the spec u like the best the one that does the most dps.