Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Libyan Pro-Democracy Supporters force extremist militia groups out of Benghazi

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...litia-benghazi

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/21/wo...est/index.html

Militias blamed for the killing of US ambassador Chris Stevens have been forced out of Libya's second city, Benghazi, by popular protests.
    Chanting "Libya, Libya", "No more al-Qaida" and "The blood we shed for freedom shall not go in vain" hundreds of men waving swords and even a meat cleaver stormed Ansar al-Sharia's headquarters.

"After what happened at the American consulate, the people of Benghazi had enough of the extremists," one demonstrator, Hassan Ahmed, said.
    They're certainly making exceptional progress, I wonder how long it'll be before the country stabilises.

Deleted
    flies in the face of all the Muslims are fundamentalist, murdering, savages I see posted and talked about everywhere.

Put bluntly, this is fucking awesome. The courageous people of Benghazi deserve huge respect.

Deleted
    That's wonderful news! It's nice to hear some positive stories come out of the region after the recent YouTube kerfuffle.

Deleted
    Well, I guess they've answered all the "Why don't the moderate Muslims do anything about the extremist Muslims" questions being thrown around by the skeptics. There you go, they've done something. Although I suspect it was more to do with being Pro-Libya than Anti-ReligiousExtremist.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Although I suspect it was more to do with being Pro-Libya than Anti-ReligiousExtremist.
    When it comes to establishing a free, democratic nation, I believe these to be one and the same for Libya.

Deleted
    This is really good, if they become stable in a few years, in another decade or so they might go the path of Oman or Turkey in the way of development, which is really good. Congratulations to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...litia-benghazi

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/21/wo...est/index.html

They're certainly making exceptional progress, I wonder how long it'll be before the country stabilises.
    The optimist in me says they could really make a difference, but the realist in my says it won't change a damn thing the country is far too splintered, those tribes really hate each other down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    That's wonderful news! It's nice to hear some positive stories come out of the region after the recent YouTube kerfuffle.
    this is probably slightly off-topic but i only get the pokemon games that include arcanine in them hes my favorite pokemon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Althoug it sounds nice, I expect suicide bombings in that area in the news in the near future...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. Good job Libya, you have far exceeded my expectations for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IpswichBlues View Post
    flies in the face of all the Muslims are fundamentalist, murdering, savages I see posted and talked about everywhere.
    One action against fundamentalists in a continents worth of muslim countries. Yeah, I suppose that's a start.

Well done, my condolences for those that died or were wounded to make this happen.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

This is fantastic news. The USA should shift the billions of dollars sent to other nearby countries not doing stuff like this, and send the cash to Libya.

15+ Year Old Account
    A welcomed glimmer of hope on the continent
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    This is fantastic news. The USA should shift the billions of dollars sent to other nearby countries not doing stuff like this, and send the cash to Libya.
    How about not send the cash anywhere. The West has problems of its own.

Was listening to a few lybian women who are involved in poltics down there, they were here for our political week this summer, these people got their aim set straight.

Good job.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Egoist View Post
    How about not send the cash anywhere. The West has problems of its own.
    Luckily neither the US or the EU base its foreign aid and stop it as soon as there is a recession. We have problems indeed but theirs are worse.
    We got the means the moral obligation to help them unless you propose we have it as hard as the libyans?

Amusingly your country get 3 times as much from the EU as it pays. Might want to reavulate your double standards
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Luckily neither the US or the EU base its foreign aid and stop it as soon as there is a recession. We have problems indeed but theirs are worse.
    We got the means the moral obligation to help them unless you propose we have it as hard as the libyans?

Amusingly your country get 3 times as much from the EU as it pays. Might want to reavulate your double standards
    Why? I am not in the government, and I did not vote for them during election either.

this is heartening news, and flies in the face of all the "muslims are insane and all hate america" talk.