Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarimaKenji View Post
    Nice of you to start with this one, saves me time reading anything below this blatantly false statement. I have completed mentioned content in both of these games, and you couldn't be more wrong. There is NOTHING, NOTHING difficult or challenging about Guild Wars 2. OK? NOTHING. Lets not create more players that feel like they were conned into buying this after they reach the so called "challenging content".

If you are a capable WoW PvE oriented player, stay away from this game. Period.
    I don't necessarily agree with how he presented this post, but he does have a good point, and it ties in nicely with another point brought up in this thread. PvE tends to amount to "run when looked at, fight when not" with that being the only criteria for success. Granted, there are points where you can take several hits and sustain, or other mechanics that toss you around a bit, but overall, and I agree mostly due to the active dodge system more than a loss of the holy trinity, you're running in circles chipping away until things are dead. It becomes predictible, repetitive, and boring (remember Mechwarrior circle-strafing? Same deal). I think the only reason WoW survives the same problems is because bosses are designed with roles in mind, and success depends on completion of those roles in concert. GW2 only has the dodge and survive role, which isn't compelling for group play.

I like the game, but feel the combat system as a whole needs to be polished a bit. It seems to have some longevity problems to work out. I'm positive that they can make PvE more compelling without bringing back the trinity, but currently they feel I went too far the other way.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2012-09-24 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    It's not offensive, I'm just a recent unemployee so I got a whole lot of time..

Gotta admit tho I wouldn't have rerolled had I chosen guardian as my first class.
    Hopefully you get a job soon I love guardians as well

Deleted
    Well Ive recently got my thief to lvl80 and have to say i love this game so far, Ive got WvWvW to do, im on far shiverpeaks in europe.
    currently second in europe atm, we are up against Vizunah square (french) and Riverside (Germans) right now and the battles are just epic
    we only win fridays to mondays though..lol somethin to do with canadians eh? XD

Ive also been running explorable dungeons with a good group of guys and girls and with good players it is fun to do, success is sweet there, more than in most other games ive played,It just feels like you are more involved in fights... because you have to do a bit of everything or die, simple as

Also spvp is good too, its alot better now pugging than it used to be, people are actually starting to use /team chat,
    and thats not mentioning anywhere I go for maybe grinding a few craft items, a huge boss fight might spring up anywhere and get loot that matches my level.. with + magic find gear on it can be nice sometimes, also pays too
    I mean there are bugs still of course , but its only been a month since release and Arenanet are a serious company who listen to their customers and are pretty good at sorting stuff out..
    anyway Im off to slaughter the French :P
    Last edited by mmoc17c16e8482; 2012-09-24 at 11:23 PM.