Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are some good PC games

So I have had a Mac for the last 4 years, due to professional reasons, and before that had a shitty laptop that couldn't really play games. I've always played WoW, and some LoL when I could, but I have just upgraded to a custom gaming rig, and I wanna load her up with fun content.

I currently play WoW and LoL. I installed the Rift 1-20 trial thing. I don't wanna get like CoDMW3 or BF3 because I've already gotten my times worth on the 360 (That goes for Halo games as well).

I'm mainly interested in FTP MMO's, FPS, Mayyyyybe an RTS. I've gotten my fill on GTA, Counterstrike, Portal, Trine2, and Dirt3.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Why don't you try branching out from mmo's and fps before you burn yourself out? They all pretty much follow the same pattern as one another and don't really differ because all the fps take themselves to serious and all mmo' try and cash out on blizz's model for the most part. That being said though here's some deviations from your usual model.

Bulletstorm- FPS game that focuses on having fun. The enemies are pretty weak, but this allows you to have fun killing enemies in fun and unique ways compared to other games. Also it's hilarious; I mean who else lets you kill people with a mechanized dinosaur that shoots lasers out of it's eyes. Also greatest sniper rifle in the world.

Dragon's nest - FTP Action MMO. This game adds fast-paced action spells to the already used up mmo model. It's pretty fun to play, but can feel tedious after a while as it's about grinding the same dungeons to an extent. It allows for soloing, grouping, and even raiding.

Personal recommendation- Beyond Good and Evil - This is an adventure game Ubisoft made for the gamecube a while back. Recently they released an HD remake that is on steam for 10 USD. If your tired of FPS and MMO's and want to see something new I recommend this. Just a warning don't enable HW Vertex Processing as it messes up the graphics for some reason.

RTS- I recommend Warcraft 3 + it's expansion the Frozen Throne. I'm not an RTS person, but this particular game made me enjoy it anyways. The campaign is great and provides a variety of missions and lots of lore. There's 4 races and they all have a unique feel to them that the others don't have except orcs and humans, but they still play differently. And best of all there are so many user created maps you may never be bored again.
    Last edited by Evilmaniac; 2012-09-23 at 05:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly impossible to say. I could list hundreds of games. Check out some gaming channels on youtube that are up to date and see whats out there. Totalbiscuit does daily programs featuring new and upcoming titles.

Get on steam and go nuts.

Borderlands 2 is fucking awesome but a new release so it's expensive. Pick up Saints row series if u like GTA but want to go insane.

I could go for awhile but thats what i suggest for now.

team fortress 2 is the answer to all your woes
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://release.blackmesasource.com/ (Half life 1 remake)

If you played portal this game could be for you. (and its new and for free)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

If you fancy trying out a FTP Multiplayer FPS, I'd recommend Tribes: Ascend. Very fast and very fun.

Deleted
    I would go for starcraft if you want to start playing RTS games, its a great game. Warcraft 3 + expansions is basically the same but with a more classic theme to it. Would suggest TF2 for shooters, free to play and can be quite fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    For FPS. I can suggest either Borderlands 2, or Team Fortress 2. One however is purchase. TF2 on the other hand is F2P.

F2P MMO. You can give EQ2 a try. It has some fun things. One thing I love about it is player / guild housing. It is however 'freemium'. 3 tier section.
    Bronze, which is 100% free to play, but has some restrictions.
    Silver, a one time payment to upgrade your account and less restriction. (Best one imo, no need to go gold).
    Gold, same as a regular subscription.
    Stuff like housing and dungeon builder makes it worth it for a F2P or even one time payment. One time payment should suffice for any of the tacked on restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow great suggestions guys thanks a ton. Yeah I have SC2 and it's fun, but for me only in small doses, and the 6 years I spent drilling myself in WC3, haha, well those days are over. I do wanna try TF2, and some of the MMO's suggested.

Much appreciated!
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    Here are some RTS suggestions:

Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War 1 & 2 + expacs (DoW is more about building a big army, whereas DoW 2 is heavily focused on building up a few powerful units)
    Company of Heroes (WW2 RTS made by the same developer that makes the DoW games, but still different enough to feel unique)
    World in Conflict (a simply fantastic RTS)
    Total War : Shogun 2 (great mix of turn based and RTS gameplay, the best strategy game on the PC IMO)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like multiplayer shooters Tribes:Ascend is a very solid game, plus it's free. Global Agenda is really fun as well (made by the same company I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Here are some RTS suggestions:

Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War 1 & 2 + expacs (DoW is more about building a big army, whereas DoW 2 is heavily focused on building up a few powerful units)
    Company of Heroes (WW2 RTS made by the same developer that makes the DoW games, but still different enough to feel unique)
    World in Conflict (a simply fantastic RTS)
    Total War : Shogun 2 (great mix of turn based and RTS gameplay, the best strategy game on the PC IMO)
    I can only confirm what Finangus said.

And yes, Shogun 2 (and his expansion) is AMAZING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we really having this thread again? Just use the search function. I'm kinda tired posting a list for every one of you individually.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2, Red Alert 2, Spellforce 2, Rise of Legends, Starcraft 2, Saints Row the Third.

You can't look past Borderlands 2.

The best free to play games I have found (and I've tried many):
    Team Fortress 2 - FPS
    Blacklight: Retribution - FPS
    World of Tanks - slower paced, strategic shooter
    Black Prophecy - Space shooter
    Super Monday Night Combat - A cross between Team Fortress 2 and a MOBA.
    Battle for Wesnoth - Turn Based Strategy

And there are a few exciting free to play games on the horizon, most notably Planetside 2 and Hawken.
    Last edited by Xenogeist; 2012-09-24 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    BASTION! Get it i don't care what genres you like! Play that game! You owe yourself that much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar2 View Post
    BASTION! Get it i don't care what genres you like! Play that game! You owe yourself that much!
    That is a subject of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Guild Wars 2
    I have also played this games. I purchased this game last month and i have completed first half of this game. Its dam good.