Poll: Can humanity unite to face complete annihilation from an alien species?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Right now with our current technology we "Might" be able to stand a chance, but if this Alien force was to surround the planet entirely then we would most likely be brown bread. I think certain countries (not naming them) will definitely welcome it and not join in.
    You are 100% correct. With our current technology that can not traverse space time like thiers we'll be fine. /sarcasm.

Glad you posted.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't think there's a single nation on the face of this planet that wouldn't be willing to unite in the face of an obvious extra-terrestrial threat.
    What if I told you that you'll be invited by 72 virgins when you die? Also you'll have peace, harmony and everlasting life. I promise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possible? Sure. Likely to EVER happen? Not a fucking chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIoY...=results_video

That video seems relevant. Just watch the firs minute forty or so. It's the start of the night elf campaign from WC3. Both the orcs and humans work together (begrudgingly) in order to hope to stand a chance against the burning legion. I imagine a temporary alliance would be formed if an invading force came to our planet. Would we survive though? Prolly not. And would peace stay if we did survive? I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But speaking of complete annihilation, I've always had a morbid curiousity about how and when our species will go extinct.

"and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31UUl5SyXk

some countries maybe. There were some remarkably unlikely allies in WWII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It wouldn't matter if we would be able to unite or not. If some alien force would been able to get here and was interested in something on our planet we would already had lost. We will probably not even have gotten a human past our own solar system in 300 years.

Imagine the US today fighting an army from the 18th century. It would've been an complete annihilation.
    The modern US army vs the WWII German army would have been a complete wipe-out as well and that's only about 70 years.

So if the most powerful army of today could easily beat a army from 300 years ago why should we be able to beat something that is able to get to our planet, something that probably are thousands of years in front of us in technological advancement, probably a lot more.

We would probably be able to unite shortly since everyone would have had the same interest: to give their own nation a better odd of coming out of it without as much harm as possible.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if we get rid of religion. Such a beautiful thing that would be, but it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Is it possible for humanity to unite in face of complete annihilation?
    possible, yes

probable, no

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Of course we will unite, for the one and only time. Once the extermination begins we wont last too long. Picture Nazi Germany going up against the US military of today, and that's only what 70+ years of advancements compared, to the hundreds, thousands or millions the aliens will probably have.
    "Would" have if they existed. Fixed for you. As long as there is no definite proof of them existing, there's no "will have" either.