Thread: Cap FPS to 60?

Cap FPS to 60?

Hey

How can I cap my FPS to 60 using WoW 64bit client? the in-game limited will only let me do 50 or 100 with the slider in or just above the middle

Thanks!

Set your monitors refresh rate to 60, than enable v-sync. Should do the trick.

Cant stand not having Vsync on, the ground is like not as smooth flowing when its not on even though FPS soars into the 100's.

I dont know a good reason to not have it enabled, unless you like seeing your fps above 60 when it doesnt really matter.

Is there a way to do it without vsync? I tried nvidias adaptive vsync option but it feels delayed when it hits 60 frames..
    I know MSI Afterburner can cap frames but it only works on 32bit client

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post
    Cant stand not having Vsync on, the ground is like not as smooth flowing when its not on even though FPS soars into the 100's.

I dont know a good reason to not have it enabled, unless you like seeing your fps above 60 when it doesnt really matter.
    Yh me neither, if your monitor has a refresh rate of 60hz you are not going to be able to see above that, same with higher or lower refresh rate monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdar View Post
    Is there a way to do it without vsync? I tried nvidias adaptive vsync option but it feels delayed when it hits 60 frames..
    I know MSI Afterburner can cap frames but it only works on 32bit client
    Turn it off on Nvidia Control Panel and turn it on in-game?
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Turn it off on Nvidia Control Panel and turn it on in-game?
    I'm not at a constant 60 though so then I have the problem of it dropping randomly to 30 frames, also get the weird delay effect with it :S

Quote Originally Posted by Murdar View Post
    I'm not at a constant 60 though so then I have the problem of it dropping randomly to 30 frames, also get the weird delay effect with it :S
    Then open chat and type:

/console MaxFPS 60
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Then open chat and type:

/console MaxFPS 60
    Yes! That did it, Thanks alot man

Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post

Because vsync cuts your fps in 1/2 when you take a fps drop.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Because vsync cuts your fps in 1/2 when you take a fps drop.
    Nope. Totally depends on the display and its supported refresh rates.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I am surprised that nobody replied to the person complaining about frames dropping from 60 to 30 and causing jerky, sluggish results. If you enable Vsync, you should also enable triple buffering. Triple buffering nearly eliminates this effect and causes the frame drop to be much more gradual by giving it more increments to use in between 30 and 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    I am surprised that nobody replied to the person complaining about frames dropping from 60 to 30 and causing jerky, sluggish results. If you enable Vsync, you should also enable triple buffering. Triple buffering nearly eliminates this effect and causes the frame drop to be much more gradual by giving it more increments to use in between 30 and 60.
    I know about this, but with vsync on my input feels delayed, it might be because its so smooth