Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    We are military allies with Israel which is the only reason that country still exist. Noone wants to mess with the US. It makes strategic sense to hit any and all US assets in the area because it would force us to deploy aircraft carriers that would take time and also to repair run ways, so that we can send new planes from Germany.

If I were Iran I would wait until US aircraft carriers were not in the Mediterranean and slam every US base within 200 miles, then start bombing the ever loving shit out of Israel.
    There is always a carrier in the gulf. In fact, I think we have 4 atm.

Also, Iran doesn't have the capability to do a real bombing run on Israel (nor Israel -> Iran)

It would be a missile exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    There is always a carrier in the gulf. In fact, I think we have 4 atm.

Also, Iran doesn't have the capability to do a real bombing run on Israel (nor Israel -> Iran)

It would be a missile exchange.
    Iran has been arming themselves since 1980. They are a far far bigger military power then Iraq or Afghanistan ever was. The US, China, Russia have been sending these guys OBSCENE amounts of money for oil for yearssssssssssssssssssssss.

It would be a nifty fight for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    I wonder what happened to that pr iraqi. Probably got crushed by saddams statue , proclaiming the Americans were retreating. Man that guy was a moron
    you know that rome's real strength was the fact the would never admit defeat ? even when Hannibal or the Celts were bearing down on there ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    "Sniff sniff" Whats that? The smell of hypocrisy son.
    care to elaborate, or just make shitty anti-US statements on their own merit?

Iran has been arming themselves since 1980. They are a far far bigger military power then Iraq or Afghanistan ever was. The US, China, Russia have been sending these guys OBSCENE amounts of money for oil for yearssssssssssssssssssssss.

Ehhh, an Iranian Israeli war would still be limited to missile attacks. Neither side has a navy that would come into play or the aircraft to gain air dominance.

The US would wreck Iran without a single boot on the ground.
    Last edited by Olo; 2012-09-24 at 04:56 PM.

They don't spend all that much on their military though.

Iran's 2007 defense budget was estimated to be $7.31 billion by London's International Institute for Strategic Studies.[31] This was $102 per capita, a lower figure than other Persian Gulf nations and lower as a percentage of gross national product than all other Persian Gulf states (2.6% of GDP in 2007). This makes Iran's ranking the 25th largest defense expenditure globally.

According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute the 2008 military expenditure was $9.174 billion, 2.7% of the GDP.[1]

On February 2012 President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad presented the administration’s draft of the national budget bill for Iranian calendar year 1391 which shows an increase of 127 percent for defense budget.[32]
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

That would be incorrect. China and Russia do get there oil from there, especially China. But the US gets zero oil from Iran. We get 6% of our oil from the middle east the other 94% from South America.

Ehhh, an Iranian Israeli war would still be limited to missile attacks. Neither side as a navy that would come into play or the aircraft to gain air dominance.

The US would wreck Iran without a single boot on the ground.
    There would never be an Iranian Israeli war, nor a US Iranian one. Allies would get involved on a large scale because of the interests we both hold in the middle east. It would be really messy.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86308I20120704

iran has stated that if israel attacks they will attack US bases within minutes, which im sure will mean that any attack from israel automatically involves the US in a war whether or not we want one. i cant see any leader being willing to watch their bases get attacked based on the actions of a third party. israel now knows that if they decide to attack, we have no choice but to join. was this statement a dumb move by iran, and will israel capitalize? personally i want no part of another war, especially at the whim of another country that is supposed to be an ally, but doesnt always act like it
    you may not want any part in another war,but sadly its going to happen one way or another.atm we have Iran surrounded,we are in iraq,afgan, and we back the jews.take a look at a map and see the circle we made around iran.we have troops surrounding them and we have spies/cia in iran trying to over throw the government.it might not be a military war that the USA gets into with iran,they might get lucky and the cia/spies do there job and over throw the government from the inside,and set up a "friendly government".this is all done because of $,oil,land and cheap labor.

once the middle east is controlled by America "threw friendly governments" we will be on to the next big thing.we have seen communism,terrorism,not sure what will be next,but there will be something.America needs and excuse to go to war so the government "which is one big corporation" can take over the world $$,and globalize the world economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    That would be incorrect. China and Russia do get there oil from there, especially China. But the US gets zero oil from Iran. We get 6% of our oil from the middle east the other 94% from South America.
    Actually we get most of our oil from North American sources, either from domestic wells or from Canada and Mexico. We do get a fair amount from South America as well (more then we get from the Middle East anyways) but not a majority and nowhere close to 94%.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aw, but I have been enjoying this it is not a bomb it is a bomb banter...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    There would never be an Iranian Israeli war, nor a US Iranian one. Allies would get involved on a large scale because of the interests we both hold in the middle east. It would be really messy.
    Who is going to come to the aid of Iran? The Saudis want Iran gone almost as much as Israel. And please don’t be an idiot and say China or Russia are going to come to their aid.

Iran’s only ally in the region is Syria and they’re in no position to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice the date on that article was July 4, 2012?

Anyways, while I'm sure Iran has a plan on the books to hit US military bases near it's boarders if it comes to that, they'll avoid dragging the US into a war if at all possible.

They know that there is maybe 3 or 4 countries on the planet that could defeat the US in a conventional war (and even then only defensively), and they aren't one of them. In the case of them and Israel, neither country has the ability to launch a full-scale invasion of the other. It would probably be a missile exchange and maybe some bombing runs (although they'd have to violate several nation's airspace to do it).
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Anyone else notice the date on that article was July 4, 2012?
    Still relevant, http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88N0HF20120924

This is so brinkmanship.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Who is going to come to the aid of Iran? The Saudis want Iran gone almost as much as Israel. And please don’t be an idiot and say China or Russia are going to come to their aid.

Iran’s only ally in the region is Syria and they’re in no position to do anything.
    If Syria was their only true ally that would aid them in a time of war and Israel knows we would back them then why haven't they struck already? Deductive reasoning tells you that other countries have interests tied into Iran and would absolutely come to their aid if those interests were threatened. They don't have to "like" them or agree with their policies to have a mutual interest to their economies.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

If Syria was their only true ally that would aid them in a time of war and Israel knows we would back them then why haven't they struck already? Deductive reasoning tells you that other countries have interests tied into Iran and would absolutely come to their aid if those interests were threatened. They don't have to "like" them or agree with their policies to have a mutual interest to their economies.
    Or that Israel wants to avoid having its population and economy crippled by long range missiles from Iran.

Because they don’t know we will. In fact US generals have come out and said as much.

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey said Thursday that he did not want to be "complicit" if Israel chose to strike Iran's nuclear program, positing that a premature attack would dissolve the international pressure on the Islamic Republic
    Israel can’t cripple Iran alone and they know if they try they’ll lose US backing.

Name a country you think will support Iran in a war against the US.
    Last edited by Olo; 2012-09-24 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    US is a bully who trying to find an excuse to attack iran and israel is his skinny side-kick who cant take on 1 on 1 and can only taunt them from far away.

Wake up people, multi bilion dolars worth Oil and Weapon companies wants this war so they can have more profits in an expense of some women and children at other country. its not about nuklear or biological weapons , its about more money , its always been.

No more bullshit wars ,keep your fucking weapons in thier holdsters!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Every base within 200 miles, huh....Good luck with that task....

That map is inaccurate. Not up for debate, its just flat out inaccurate. The definition one person uses as a base is far different then what people conjure up in their mind (especially people using the internet) when someone says military base.

Anyways, to the point. Iran gov isn't stupid, they know that if they started a war with Israel it'd be no holds barred getting their ass kicked in the same aggressive manner that they execute their own internal policies. If they pull us into it, they know withing 24 hours the bleeding hearts and the corporations interested in post conflict money would start chipping away at our ability to conduct war time operations effectively. Then we'd be forced to "urge' Israel to to not be so "hard on them". Its why Pakistan and Iraq (among other smaller conflicts) are still problems and its also why terrorism is still an issue. These people/groups/countries know that all they have to do is hide behind people presumed "innocent" long enough our "public OPINION" will eventually put our on goals in jeopardy then they can go back to "claiming" victory and the terrorism cycle starts all over again. I know my pov is harsh, but I have been there while serving my country. If we were allowed to go into these bad places wreck shop, forcing the population to rise up against these people/regimes are men and women serving wouldn't be coming back all fucked up.

With all that said, IF Israel and Iran were to "go to war" I hope we let Israel do what they do and stay out of it.