Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekPowa View Post
    Will the OP update this topic? I am new to mists and scorch is not available anymore, so I need a new rotation
    Arcane Blast with arcane missles build up to 4
    when you got stack of 2 arcane missles go alter time + trinket + arcane power to boost dps.
    when you reach 4 stop using Arcane Blast and reset stack with Arcane Barrage
    NETHER TEMPEST KEEP ON TARGET AT ALL TIME.
    i use also Fire Blast instant 50k damge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll do my best to do it tomorrow! Until then, you can use the 'basic rotation' part of my guide and just replace 6 Charges with 4 with never using Missiles before 4 Charges unless you are at 80-85% mana, then you use Missiles at 3.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Thanks for the responses guys, sorry if I came out rude
    I'm 87 right now, havent been in a 5man because I am sure I will be baaaad :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekPowa View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys, sorry if I came out rude
    I'm 87 right now, havent been in a 5man because I am sure I will be baaaad :P

LOL ! I thought you are 90 ilvl 509

So I'm a bit of a lurker though I follow the forums reasonably often. Currently my ilvls 494, I'm rop/full mastery and have had no trouble doing respectable #'s in a casual raid setting through the first 3 bosses of ToT (sub 70 ish ranks mostly I'm assuming due better geared msges jumping ship.) Tortos however is giving me fits.I'm not a complete noob, but any advice regarding the encounter would be geat.

I'm using icey flows and coc for slows on the adds. I concentrate mostly on burning the turtles.

Should I go inchanters ward since the uptime is shitty on rop? Do I pop it on cd almost due the constant dmg or do i hold it more often for stomp? I've been using greater invis and ice block to help the heals. Does it change the rotation or will mana still sit above 80%? Would i need to forge haste for it to be functional?

I dot the shit out of what I can with nt and try to tunnel the turtles. Should i be AE'ing and cleaving the bats instead or leave it to the better aoe classes.

Maybe I'm just a baddie and missing something obvious, but I'd prefer not respecing if at all possible.

Thanks in advance guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher583 View Post
    Why did you put this in your guide "Expertise – since 5.0.4 provides Spell Hit chance, useful for early expansion reforging"
    Because since 5.0.4, expertise provides spell hit chance. This is useful for reforging and gemming when you don't have enough hit.

just doing H tortos as arcane IW and its really good, im in there for bursting the turtles down, i havent done it on normal but theres not much movement except after stomp(which at thsi point ur main focus would be dodging with BS and dotting up turtles/boss to fish up AM and use IW at this point to get IW effect)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

If you use IW on a fight as arcane NEVER EVER pop it for the damage buff. Zero mana regen will DESTORY your DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    If you use IW on a fight as arcane NEVER EVER pop it for the damage buff. Zero mana regen will DESTORY your DPS
    thats the whole point of IW????
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-03-17 at 03:57 AM.

Actually itsnt 0 regen.. IW increases mana regen, dont create it. The same thing as invokater and rop buffs. Without them we will regen mana, yes, but not the same, ofc.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:56 AM ----------

Aaw, btw, if u lose some mana in this phase of IW cd. U have evocation to use. Dont cry anymore. IW > RoP.
    RoP is like roots. Cant hold it anymore

Deleted
    Ye But :
    RoP - cast time 1.5s
    IW - cast time 6s and you cant be interrupted loosing 6 s for cast time ? is like crazy ....

Mage is a class who need to be stablized for doing dps - what i mean you stand still and burn all your cd. On new boses it is actually possible.
    First one you need to move to pools so when you put RoP you can do a lot of damage. 2nd one keep close the middle but in range of gates and mobs which need to be killed asap - so still RoP is better because it gives you stable boost spell power and mana regen - which is not possible with IW

1) IW stands for Incanters Ward not Invocation
    2) Invocation has a 3 second cast time (reduced by haste)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    1) IW stands for Incanters Ward not Invocation
    2) Invocation has a 3 second cast time (reduced by haste)
    point taken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    thats the whole point of IW????
    The whole point of IW is passive mana regen that you can trade for 12% more DPS (on average) once every 25s. The mana regen's far more useful.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Question. While building and dropping charges, I'm wondering what to do.
    F.ex I'm on 4 charges, but I've no missiles up. I use AB to drop the charges, right?
    F.ex I'm on 4 charges, but I've only 1 missile up, I use AM and right after AB to drop the charges, right?
    F.ex I'm on 4 charges and I've got 2 missiles up, I use AM x2 and than AB to drop the charges, right?
    I'm wondering when it's more viable to cast just another ArcBlast instead of dropping charges, if I'm on 80-100% mana f.ex.
    Above scenarios exclude when I got AP/AT/whatever going on, just in regular mode.

Also, during ArcBlast/AM spam (while under effects of AP) I'm wondering when the loss of mana will negatively inflict on the DPS gained from ArcBlasting at 4 charges. Any thoughts?

<3
    Last edited by mmocaf86d25fb1; 2013-03-20 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    Question. While building and dropping charges, I'm wondering what to do.
    F.ex I'm on 4 charges, but I've no missiles up. I use AB to drop the charges, right?
    If you've picked LB, and it's got less than a tick before it blows up, refresh LB to fish for an AM. Otherwise, yes.
    F.ex I'm on 4 charges, but I've only 1 missile up, I use AM and right after AB to drop the charges, right?
    F.ex I'm on 4 charges and I've got 2 missiles up, I use AM x2 and than AB to drop the charges, right?
    As above.
    I'm wondering when it's more viable to cast just another ArcBlast instead of dropping charges, if I'm on 80-100% mana f.ex.
    Above scenarios exclude when I got AP/AT/whatever going on, just in regular mode.
    I've been told that staying at max mana doesn't really matter any more for DPS (as my FFB and Fire Blast weaving is apparently a DPS loss), so just keep cycling. If you've got enough mana regeneration such that you can remain at a stable mana level with an extra AB at 4 stacks, then go for it.
    Also, during ArcBlast/AM spam (while under effects of AP) I'm wondering when the loss of mana will negatively inflict on the DPS gained from ArcBlasting at 4 charges. Any thoughts?
    Only at really high Mastery levels, I think.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Guys I'm confused ...

Haste or Mastery ?

At what point does fishing for AMs through NT at 4stacks become a deeps loss on multi target fights? I usually dot or redot anything on screen on fights like council but i get the impression that with all the gcds it might be a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsdrunk View Post
    At what point does fishing for AMs through NT at 4stacks become a deeps loss on multi target fights? I usually dot or redot anything on screen on fights like council but i get the impression that with all the gcds it might be a loss.
    It isn't a dps loss long as you aren't over-writing existing NT's and the targets that you dot will be alive at least 6 seconds. Remember that as arcane your bombs are affected by mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by valefar View Post
    Guys I'm confused ...

Haste or Mastery ?
    mastery :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redsdrunk View Post
    having 4stacks oF AC and redotting the council bosses and fishing up for AM is a dps gain just dont let your AC fall off (it shouldnt because u are only using 4gcd)

with the buff to NT and bosses sitting next to each other our NT is stronger than before
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-03-21 at 07:38 AM.