Thread: Chrono Trigger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Stealing was always a pain in the ass in FF games... sometimes someone (typically a boss) would have something that you need to steal so you get to spend 15 minutes repeatedly trying and failing to steal while you're basically ignoring the boss and going "dude, chill, I'll kill you in a minute! I just gotta get this thing first..."
    Steal -> Wait/Defend -> Wait/Defend -> Heal REPEAT! Oh, the hours I spent :'(

OT: Chrono Trigger did a lot first. And it also did a lot (practically everything) RIGHT. This in itself is a historic achievement. Add in the open-ended gameplay, the different plot-twists, the general ambience, and New Game +, and you have a classic.

Then again, I'm (still) a sucker for Square, so take anything I say about any of their games with a bit of salt. Unless I talk about Seiken Densetsu 3, in which case everything is true!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Steal -> Wait/Defend -> Wait/Defend -> Heal REPEAT! Oh, the hours I spent :'(

OT: Chrono Trigger did a lot first. And it also did a lot (practically everything) RIGHT. This in itself is a historic achievement. Add in the open-ended gameplay, the different plot-twists, the general ambience, and New Game +, and you have a classic.

Then again, I'm (still) a sucker for Square, so take anything I say about any of their games with a bit of salt. Unless I talk about Seiken Densetsu 3, in which case everything is true!
    I guess I'll have to dig up my old gamepad and give the game a go and see if it's any better than I remember it being.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I guess I'll have to dig up my old gamepad and give the game a go and see if it's any better than I remember it being.
    You should. I'd like to hear your take on it. Always good to get the opinions from both sides of the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    lol it's all I've got and it works just fine, not to mention 16-bit graphics are gonna look like 16-bit graphics regardless!
    I think the 16bit stuff looks better on a tube tv myself, some disagree /shrug. I have an old RCA 41inch tube I use for arcade and classic consoles. Gonna be sad when it dies, its a beauty.

I know so many people who never pick up on that.
    Whaa? how? It's kinda central to the plot... I don't really see how that could be missed Oo
    Last edited by teddytous; 2012-09-27 at 10:12 PM.

I wish they would make a sequal, my obsession with all swords named Masamune started with this game. I played Cross before Trigger, so I had to replay Cross to make sense of everything.

It was one of the first games that really shocked players by what happen about 2/3 in( I won't spoil it, but I don't know many games that did what trigger did to the protagonist) and really at the time I was watching DBZ so the art work matched up and it was just nerdville.

Cross was more depressing, by more I mean sad puppies in a burning orphanage sad. The games were just I don't know, very impressive, and for a classic rpg style it was by far the best RPG I have ever played. In my total ratings of video games, Trigger and Cross get tied at third (Disgaea is second, with Resident evil and Harvest Moon tied for first.).

Definitely worth checking out if you enjoy classic rpgs, and you can't get much classier than Trigger.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Frog was my buddy, Ayla + Frog + Chrono team set up, all day long.
    My team when I fought Lavos too, Slurp Kiss FTW

Edit: I used legoes on the fight with Dreamdevourer in Cross to remember the color code.
    Last edited by Stasso; 2012-09-27 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    My team when I fought Lavos too, Slurp Kiss FTW
    Ew.

Typically my standard team is Chrono + Marle + Frog. Substituting Frog for Magus whenever I need magic damage rather than physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Ew.

Typically my standard team is Chrono + Marle + Frog. Substituting Frog for Magus whenever I need magic damage rather than physical.
    The pro of using Ayla and Frog together for your healer combo is that their heal is really strong, Frog has a good healing toolkit, and they both have really good offensive power too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    The pro of using Ayla and Frog together for your healer combo is that their heal is really strong, Frog has a good healing toolkit, and they both have really good offensive power too.
    I'll admit I never use either of them for healing except for when they're in the party while Marle is afflicted by lock, chaos, or equivalent. I just prefer Marle's ridiculously overpowered magical abilities both for healing and offense.

Not to mention Haste and Arise. Friggin' love those techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I'll admit I never use either of them for healing except for when they're in the party while Marle is afflicted by lock, chaos, or equivalent. I just prefer Marle's ridiculously overpowered magical abilities both for healing and offense.

Not to mention Haste and Arise. Friggin' love those techs.
    She does have some badass techs. I think that's part of the replayability factor with CT; you can replay through and use different characters every time and it plays really different as far as combat goes.

Mine name is Glenn!

Cyrus' hopes and dreams and now the Masamune...

Forthwith I shall slay Magus and restore honor!!

*just poo'd a bit*

I am also now having issues not hearing that line spoken as Kermit....damn you forum avatar.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-09-28 at 03:45 PM.