Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Again, digital releases. Apart from the big launch events in places like Irvine, where you can go out and see developers, there's not much reason for it. Most of the smaller midnights launches amount to waiting in line for a couple hours without food, water, or bathroom access, and then going home to play the game.
    You very well could be right in all aspects but they still happened and were quite large. Zero happened this time is what peeked my curiosity.

So many like to have the game box in there hands and I'm sure digital sales have something to do with it but no local midnight sales. It made me wonder.

I'm interested in what the sales will be, but I'm not scouring the web to try and find it. It will be released when Blizz gets around to releasing it. I mean, the game just launched yesterday

I think there are a select few people hoping it's low, maybe to give them the justification to gloat "told you so" or "yeah wow is dying". I think it's sad if this is the case - just move on with life if you don't care about the game anymore. No need to write silly hate posts about it over and over again on forums. There are a lot of people who still play AND enjoy it, regardless of what the numbers are. I know I am enjoying the content so far and having fun, that's all that matters to me and how I spend my time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I love all the "legitimate sounding reasons" people give for their interest in sales. The truth is, they are haters that are certain nobody would want a game with Pandas. The shock of the record sales, followed by a new record high in subs for Blizzard's best content ever will be great for these people.
    Now you're as bad as they are. Predicting the success or failure of a game/expansion is ridiculous, especially when said game/expansion has only been out for a day.

Give it a rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    People who are interested in the industry care about this stuff. If you're not interested in the economical factor of video games, then just go on and play games, but don't assume that nobody cares.
    Chances of OP being "interested in the industry" - 0.0001%

Chances of OP being interested in "is WoW dying zomgzorz" - 99.9999%

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    People ask not to bash persay, but because they are angry. Angry at Blizzard for what they have done to their beloved franchise. MoP is a joke... it's a reskinned Cataclysm with Pet Battling the new feature... pet battling.. really?

The game's depth has become more and more shallow after Burning Crusade... I truly do not recognize it anymore.

I must admit.. I want to see the sales prove very poor... (they are... friends list full of people not logged in for months) in order for Blizzard to change course in their design philosophy.

The whole "zone sharing" thing... was an admission of their own expectations. They know (and probably are fine with it) that WoW is finally losing it's draw.

I miss WoW... but then again, it hasn't BEEN WoW since BC.
    For the love of all that is holy, BC has been over since 2008. FOUR YEARS.

Please stop playing, and please stop coming to WoW forums.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Keep in mind China has NO sales at all Free xpacs ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Keep in mind China has NO sales at all Free xpacs ftw!
    Wait, you get the expansions for free?

Yes we do. And we pay per minuet for game time. It's very cushy over here. We have to wait a week longer than you for MoP though.

edit: well it's free as long as you buy a time card.... which adds minuets to your account anyways. So unless you're on a trial account....

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Yes we do. And we pay per minuet for game time. It's very cushy over here. We have to wait a week longer than you for MoP though.

edit: well it's free as long as you buy a time card.... which adds minuets to your account anyways. So unless you're on a trial account....
    That's it I'm moving to china and becoming a commy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Couac View Post
    /facepalm

Either you don't understand or you don't want to understand. I suspect both. We don't seem to talking about the same things. You're screaming 'invalid' over one link that wasn't even trying to prove anything. It was a link for the OP - Original Poster if you don't understand that either - because s/he was looking for more information on sales. Then there was talk about how even speculation can be valuable information to those who know how to interpret it correctly in the right context with the right knowledge of the past. And then comes your argument about... what? To be perfectly honest, I don't really follow you anymore. So you're trying to prove that speculation about sales is invalid because it's speculation? Did you understand why I wrote about shares and stocks and so forth? Did I write somewhere that VGChartz is always right and that those numbers there are a) absolutely correct and have been miraculously foreseen into the future, and b) they include all sales of all times? Hmm, no.

I think we have a serious case of Straw Man here.

PS: The link was perfectly relevant for this thread. "Where can I check MoP sales?" You cannot, so you can only guess. And VGChartz has guessed. Therefore it is relevant in respect to this context. It is up to the OP to decide whether it is useful to them or not. Not you.

Thanks!
    /faceplam indeed

You clearly don't see why I have a problem with your posting a link about retail only sales and how they are declineing when you compare 2005 to 2012.

I have no desire in derailing this thread even more, so fell free to throw sticks at me over PM if you want!

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post

Please stop playing, and please stop coming to WoW forums.
    Not to worry... I didn't buy PandaLand. Neither did (what I suspect will prove out to be) millions of other long term players. Which is really what this thread is nudging at.

I played beta a little and what can I say? I felt they have dumbed the game down so much that it just doesn't interest the more sophisticated gamer.

Just logged in during prime time and it's DEAD. AH well as long as some people are enjoying it....

They probably won't announce anything unless it breaks some kind of sales record like every other expansion.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not to worry... I didn't buy PandaLand. Neither did (what I suspect will prove out to be) millions of other long term players. Which is really what this thread is nudging at.

I played beta a little and what can I say? I felt they have dumbed the game down so much that it just doesn't interest the more sophisticated gamer.

Just logged in during prime time and it's DEAD. AH well as long as some people are enjoying it....

Dude, im hear to tell you... Dead Wrong. Pandaland is actually very good and seems to have a dark side.

As for lack of sales... I would like to direct you to the fact I have been in que for US-Tichondrius for over 30 mins now, and im still not halfway through....

Ugh. I hate it when sales figures for Blizzard stuff get released. As far as the forum community goes, it's nothing but troll food.