15+ Year Old Account

What do you think Pet Battles need?

I love pet battles, but there are a few things that need to be added/changed.

The most obvious thing would be a quality tracker while you are mid battle. It is quite frustrating trying to look at their stats and determine whether or not they are "rare", and is just poor design. Also, being able to know if you have the pet already mid-battle (similar to how pokemon does it) would be nice, not not really "needed"

A better pet journal would also be nice. The ability to order pets by level, rarity, etc, would be wonderful. Though there is an addon that does this, so it isn't that big of a deal.

Lastly, I think a "rare candy" item would be nice. It will be quite horrible having to grind leveling your pets every time you want to change up your team. There is that "pet satchel" that has a bunch of items already, just add a chance to get that rare candy item for a free level.

So, what do you think it needs?

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post

The most obvious thing would be a quality tracker while you are mid battle. It is quite frustrating trying to look at their stats and determine whether or not they are "rare", and is just poor design. Also, being able to know if you have the pet already mid-battle (similar to how pokemon does it) would be nice, not not really "needed"

A better pet journal would also be nice. The ability to order pets by level, rarity, etc, would be wonderful. Though there is an addon that does this, so it isn't that big of a deal.

Lastly, I think a "rare candy" item would be nice. It will be quite horrible having to grind leveling your pets every time you want to change up your team. There is that "pet satchel" that has a bunch of items already, just add a chance to get that rare candy item for a free level.

I definitely agree that some sort of quality checker would be nice, but I disagree in that it's needed or poor design.

The point is to catch a bunch to see if they're good, the same as in Pokemon. You can't tell if it has the right Nature before catching/hatching it.

I also don't think it's necessary to see if you have it already in on the UI because you can open your pet journal and check without any consequence (something you can't do in Pokemon).

And yea more tracking and organizing options for the pet journal would be nice, but I'd rather them work on a search bar for the mount window instead of any of those changes.

Also, Rare Candies would have to have some drawback (like your pets stats not raising as much when they level with it) just like in Pokemon, so I don't think it would be worth it all to have. So it wouldn't actually be worth using in anyway.

Nothing, this is the single greatest feature to come since WOTLK. I temporarily dropped my own character leveling and PvP related concerns for this.

I just pray one day they make an Arena for this.

I have two ideas that come to mind.

Allow us to see if a critter is rare by giving is a small flash or something when engaging rather than only knowing when you catch it.

EXP. Share :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    EXP. Share :P
    There we go, a much better solution than Rare Candies, an Exp. All. Get one in your pet bag, you use it, and bam! Get a buff so that all your active battle pets share XP. Exp. All in Red and Blue sucked 'cause you had 6 Pokemon to share it with, but in WoW it would work fine since there are only 3.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-09-27 at 02:42 AM.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The closet thing I have to this right now is this mod I'm using: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battlepetcount
    and this one seems cool: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-journal-enhanced haven't had a chance to use it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    better music

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-...-pokemon-music

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    The point is to catch a bunch to see if they're good, the same as in Pokemon. You can't tell if it has the right Nature before catching/hatching it.
    Rare pets have more health at equal levels, quite easy to tell what's rare and what isn't.

As for what's needed, better balancing. I'm tired of getting stomped by a team of 7s when I queue with 5s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousNinja View Post
    The closet thing I have to this right now is this mod I'm using: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battlepetcount
    and this one seems cool: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-journal-enhanced haven't had a chance to use it yet.
    Downloading the first one now. The second one is the one I was talking about in the OP, it is quite useful.

Anyways, yeah, EXP share would probably be a better solution than Rare Candy.

15+ Year Old Account
    EXP Share would be a great addition, maybe a reward from an achievement or for beating Tamer X

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    better music
    wut? the music is so catchy

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post

Addon for pet rarity checker: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tyGlowMoP.html

been using it myself, it's 100% accurate

Deleted
    I'd have an opt-in feature where you can allow wild pets to attack you. Incentivise this by having very rare pets in game who will only attack the player, and cannot be found in the wild. Of course, 99% of the stuff attacking you will be trash, but you can always turn it off if you want to focus upon questing/whatever. Sort of like a perma-repel.