Thread: Already Bored?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Well the vast majority of employment nowadays is gained by networking.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I've been unemployed and worked in HR a bit. When I was unemployed, I played games and took it easy, and know I could have gotten a job faster if I looked harder. Saying something like "I just played this game for a month straight as a job" and then saying "I've been looking hard for a job" means your priorities were a bit skewed.

As for you calling that person "not knowing what they're talking about", when I worked in HR, my boss would ask me for recommendations on who to interview. If a person called, I'd say that person seemed very interested; and, if they had enough qualifications to be considered but nothing special, that phone call helped. Obviously this isn't true all around, but it still is true sometimes.

Take a break. Or play something else. That's all.
    I agree it dose help. it was how the person i quoted came off i though was BS. also like i said it depends where you live at to.

there is hardly anyone hiring around where i live so that dose make things a bit of a pain.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue as I see it is this new trend of MMO locusts that sweep in take all the good out of the game by force feeding themselves in a glutton like frenzy of playing while having little or no other responsibilities in life and then turn around and complain there isn’t enough content. Then begin to bash a game due to their own issues and think that everyone else on the planet is in the same situation. This whole trend has become a rash on the butt of MMO developers for the last several years and won’t change until attitudes change and people realize there is no great pot of gold at the end of a leveling curve accompanied by a revered spot in geek Dom heaven for those who did so.

Also, taking one character and seeing one storyline through to 80 doesn’t constitute not having enough content, and it isn’t the developer’ fault that you chose to ignore the other 90% they created for you now it is? If you choose to do what you do and take the path you take through a game and don’t want to do anything else then move on but don’t for a moment think you speak for anyone else but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    People like you who think they know what there talking about disgust me

Most place's now make you put in a application online. also here in the states it is a bit of a bitch to get a job and 9 times out of 10 most places want to hire someone who has been to collage for 10 years even if all there doing is fliping buggers at mcdonalds....

also not many place's are hiring *at lease here where i am*

But please do go on talking about something you clearly know nothing about.

For those who got jobs congratz happy for you but don't like it is super easy for everyone to get a job there is a lot of things u got to take into account.

And having a job dose not give you the right to look down on those who don't have one ether.
    I would never look down on anyone but there are lots of things one can do. For example:

1) Study online (for free) to get something behind your name, even if its nothing spectacular, it will help.
    2) Learn something new. Programming, photography, etc. These can quite easily become an occupation.
    3) Try doing something with your hands. Woodwork, etc. Build desks, etc. Supawood is not too expensive and it may be something you can sell. Wooden jungle gyms also spring to mind.

It's all about making yourself a better prospect. Spend the time you would have done on games by improving yourself. Nothing is easy, I can promise you that. If all else fails, start your own business or do something to help contribute to your community. I know of someone who donated their own time (while unemployed) to help building houses for people less fortunate and ended up getting a job through it.

The moderators haven't even locked this thread yet! Thats amazing!

Guess they were just too bored with all the positive comments made about GW2.

Nope. Positive and negative discussion is allowed here. What isn't allowed is for people to go into threads and post about how they should be closed over and over again. Please stop that. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-27 at 04:57 AM.
    For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
    For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
    For want of a horse the rider was lost.
    For want of a rider the message was lost.
    For want of a message the battle was lost.
    For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.