Deleted

Unallocated space on a SD-card

I have a fairly annoying issue. I have a SD card I'm planning to use with my new camera (previously used as storage/boot for my Raspberry Pi).

Now, when trying to reallocate the storage into one big drive I simply can't; I'm locked to 70MB and can't access the remaining ~14.77GB. How do I solve this?

Edit:
    - The SD card is not locked.
    - I tried the SD Formatter found on the SD Association page - same problem (figures).
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-09-26 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Know your usually pretty smart... but it isnt write-locked is it? you know like on old floppy disks, you had a hardware "switch" to lock it so it couldn't be written to?

Deleted
    Yea, I thought of that too - but it's switched to non-locked. I could successfully reformat the first 70MB partition after all.

Can't you change the size of the primary partition to the maximum capacity of the chip (so something like 15 GB)?

Deleted
    I wonder, does today's BIOS' have the switch to support legacy usb devices, and then use fdisk to allocate the space? I don't really use SD cards so I can't be of more help

10+ Year Old Account
    Try deleting the 70MB partition.

Deleted
    try imserting the SD into a camera and formatting the card through your cameras settings, i had a similiar problem when i tried to use my own Raspberry Pi's SD as a normal storage card and this fixed it for me

Most UEFIs have a checkbox you can activate to use legacy USB iirc.

Deleted
    Solved the issue by using EaseUS Partition Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Can't you change the size of the primary partition to the maximum capacity of the chip (so something like 15 GB)?
    No, unfortunately not.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Try deleting the 70MB partition.
    Not possible in Windows Disk Management.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Most UEFIs have a checkbox you can activate to use legacy USB iirc.
    Perhaps, but I almost never reboot ^^

Thanks for your help anyway!