Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically he cured the hiccups.

But very seriously, what the hell? Even if your drunk how is pointing a gun for fun at anyone okay??

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Well, technically he cured the hiccups.

But very seriously, what the hell? Even if your drunk how is pointing a gun for fun at anyone okay??
    I have got to say, as bad as it is, I giggled at that. But in any case, technically he wasn't pointing it "for fun," as he probably genuinely thought it would cure his hiccups. Just playing devil's advocate here, but the influence of alcohol can make you follow some things that would seem idiodic when sober, and to an astonighing degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    How is it rediculous ? You don't have to be in the military to understand that you don't ever point a gun at another human being even as a joke. (Self-defense put aside for Americans).
    I think he ment it was ridiculous to point a loaded gun at someone to cure hicups not that it was ridiculous he was being charged.

Don't know why they are making a point of him being a in the military though..unless it provided him with the gun.
    Just another case of a daft American with access to guns and bullets doing something stupid with or without the aid of alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Don't know why they are making a point of him being a in the military though..unless it provided him with the gun.
    well, the reasoning most likely that if you are in a profession that uses a gun you would assumedly receive training with said gun, and would be familiar with the dangers of a gun. the first thing any gun instructor will tell you is not to point a gun at people unless necessary to protect yourself or others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    well, the reasoning most likely that if you are in a profession that uses a gun you would assumedly receive training with said gun, and would be familiar with the dangers of a gun. the first thing any gun instructor will tell you is not to point a gun at people unless necessary to protect yourself or others
    Yea, apparently the guy who shot his friend skipped the class about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunga View Post
    Yea, apparently the guy who shot his friend skipped the class about this.
    maybe he was there, but was hung over? too soon?

Deleted
    Well I guess soldiers will think twice about having hiccups after these events :\

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe he was there, but was hung over? too soon?
    I'll be honest, made me laugh

Guns and Alcohol need to be regulated better.

If it were up to me, I would remove both, but we all know that probably won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Guns and Alcohol need to be regulated better.

If it were up to me, I would remove both, but we all know that probably won't happen.
    Your country banned alchohol once before, how did that turn out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Drinking with a loaded handgun readily available, what a genius move. No sympathy.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Your country banned alchohol once before, how did that turn out?
    It spawned their biggest motorsport event (NASCAR) and hardly lasted any time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It spawned their biggest motorsport event (NASCAR) and hardly lasted any time at all.
    no, Alcohol Prohibition started this little thing called organized crime.

OT, the soldier got what he deserved. you do not ever point a gun at someones face, loaded or unloaded.

ever....

10+ Year Old Account
    the yahoo article says he thought it was loaded with blanks. not linking yahoo because it's, well, yahoo, but it sounds plausible. incredibly stupid, but plausible, and the manslaughter charge would seem to support it.
    Blanks could do serious damage or kill you close up also. Never suppose to point a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it. blanks/no blanks, loaded/not loaded has nothing to do with it.

Weapons safety rules (we had to recite them every time we did any training involving our rifles)
    1. Treat every weapon as if it was loaded
    2. Never point your weapon at something you do not intend to shoot
    3. keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
    4. keep your weapon on safe until you intend to fire

yep, he broke them all.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    Blanks could do serious damage or kill you close up also. Never suppose to point a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it. blanks/no blanks, loaded/not loaded has nothing to do with it.
    no argument here. it's the very first thing a person hears when being handed a gun for the first time (or definitely should be). i was just stating the case

This is, quite clearly, man slaughter.

What a group of fucking morons.

It's upsetting to hear news of someones death over something so stupid.

WHY WOULD HE USE A LOADED GUN?!

Manslaughter includes accidental, and that's what this was. Hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    It's upsetting to hear news of someones death over something so stupid.
    On the bright side, we probably didn't lose a future luminary.