Thread: ww monks

ww monks

hey guys I have been leveling my monk he is soon 87. what i like to know is how ww are doing in pvp? are they viable for rated bg's? what are their strenghts and weaknesses?

- I have been looking for more info in here, but couldn't find anything. thx for the replies.

They remind me of a squishy ret paladin. They have mobility but are still easily kited, have decent burst if you already have your tiger palm prepped. FoF is kinda hard to land but satisfying when you do. Ranged disarm is nice, disable works well when combo'd after a FSK. 4 pc is pretty fun for when you get a healer down real low and they are about to burst heal themselves up and you just 1 shot them. I'd say probably stronger in RBG then arena since you can get around the map pretty easily picking off focus targets.

My experience with PVP has been very positive.

When I first started I was getting train wrecked.

Warriors would flatten me in 2 globals, priests and warlocks would chain fear and destroy me (got hit for 125k by a warlock) and just generally got slapped around.

Gear was the first break through for me, it enabled me to eat the initial downpour of damage which gave me opportunities to take control, after this it came down to keybinds and experience.

I believe Monks will be insanely good for RBG but I'm finding it pretty difficult to find groups for RBG.

I'll be soon posting a PVP Monk Montage & PvP tips to go with it, so look out for that (shameless plug) Youtube / smashupgaming!
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-10-09 at 12:21 PM.