Thread: Marriage?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Marriage?

This was one of many ideas I had today. I remember back in Rift when they patched so you were able you marry other players and you got a ring with its name on it I believe and it was pretty fun when you invited the whole guild to witness it.
    What if this was put in GW2 as well? Maybe some status text, ring and what about a buff like '' gain X amount of stats if you are no more than range: 2000 away from your partner. Wouldn't that be fun or am I just stupid? No I have never RPed in any mpprog.

It would certainly make erping less fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It would certainly make erping less fun.
    what is erping?

I want player housing first and guild halls, so I can have my very own dungeons for erp.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay marriages in game! DO WANT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    This was one of many ideas I had today. I remember back in Rift when they patched so you were able you marry other players and you got a ring with its name on it I believe and it was pretty fun when you invited the whole guild to witness it.
    What if this was put in GW2 as well? Maybe some status text, ring and what about a buff like '' gain X amount of stats if you are no more than range: 2000 away from your partner. Wouldn't that be fun or am I just stupid? No I have never RPed in any mpprog.
    There's unlikely to be any kind of stat benefits for a marriage system, or else it will be OP, and will be considered required for content. If you really want to "marry" somebody, get a personal guild for just the two of you, imo. Amounts to the same thing.

And if it's a marriage ceremony you're looking for, it wouldn't be entirely difficult to RP that out in one of the cities.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-27 at 01:26 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    what is erping?
    Erotic Roleplay

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And if it's a marriage ceremony you're looking for, it wouldn't be entirely difficult to RP that out in one of the cities.
    Just /kneel, /bow, /cheer and /dance. :P

Can I keep my gold in the divorce?

Keep your gold in the divorce, nice one, clearly you lack the experience of being married, you can't even keep your gold when you are married less so if getting divorced.

FF11 actually had marriage, and you had to register to have a ceremony through GM's. They'd take you to a secluded area with you and all your friends so it couldn't be interrupted. I had the opportunity to attend one of these and it was pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Yay marriages in game! DO WANT.
    I agree with this. Doesn't have to have stats or anything.

Deleted
    I'd want player housing first for sure. I do not want to make out with my e-spouse in the middle of Lion's Arch....

But seriously... the stats thing should never happen, that would only lead to whining and drama, people shouldn't have to feel they have to play with another player to get some sort of buff or a special item (a cosmetic one would be okay).

I've got to say it's not really on my list of things I want in-game. If there was shared player housing, I might consider getting married in a game, otherwise, doubtful.

If you want to RP getting married, you should, you don't need an in-game thing to make it "official" or something that keeps you playing with your "spouse".

norn female + asura male = what's the point?

Ragnarok Online had a awesome wedding system! <3
    Good times.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    That's an interesting image that is now in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    That's an interesting image that is now in my head.
    You should of replied - "that's what she said".
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'd want player housing first for sure. I do not want to make out with my e-spouse in the middle of Lion's Arch....

But seriously... the stats thing should never happen, that would only lead to whining and drama, people shouldn't have to feel they have to play with another player to get some sort of buff or a special item (a cosmetic one would be okay).

I've got to say it's not really on my list of things I want in-game. If there was shared player housing, I might consider getting married in a game, otherwise, doubtful.

If you want to RP getting married, you should, you don't need an in-game thing to make it "official" or something that keeps you playing with your "spouse".
    Indeed, player housing would be something really cool, a house to call your own, imagine that. You could put a dragon head inside (and nothing else).

And also agree, no stats if marriages are introduced, this should be a fun activity for people, not something those who want some buffs feel as mandatory to get.

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 01:02 PM ----------

Stick him whole inside if you get the idea.

There, now gave you an even odder image in your head.

Deleted
    You should of replied - "that's what she said".
    If it helps, I thought it.

Not stat boost maybe, but perhaps a ring which makes your characters "spark" when standing together.