Thread: Anybody else?

Deleted

Anybody else?

Perhaps I'm just very unlucky but thus far every expansion as resulted in a guild I am in disbanding...

I joined a couple of months before TBC without any problems however come WotLK the guild I was in disbanded. Then when Cataclysm hit another guild disbanded, NOW MoP is here it seems another guild I am in may soon disband. (these aren't short lived guilds btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's unfortunate. So far I've been through one guild disbanding, and I kind of blame myself; once I left the GM transferred along with 3 other raiders and left it to die in the hands of one of the healers...

...now it is just a banking guild. Otherwise, though, no. I've been raiding for two years now with the same 25 man group that has been raiding since TBC, in the same guild with the same GM and same officers.

Deleted
    Just to add they're all RP guilds...

First guild disbanded after 3 years, second after 4 years and this one has being going for 6 years

Deleted
    Well it's not that uncommon that guilds disband after an x-pack release. It's alot of work to be a GM and if you can't find any officers to help you out theres is no way you can keep doing it for a long time. Theres a HUGE amount of work for the GM at the start of a new expansion since theres players not reaching the lvl cap fast enough and theres people who don't have the gear to start raiding. If that happens you have to start recruiting new people and this will delay the guilds raid debut in the new x-pack.

Deleted
    I only came back to raiding in MoP but so far I've been pretty lucky! Raiding progression has been fairly quick so far.

Nope. I've been having fun with my guild since the end of TBC. No issues.

But - I do know that others are having issues. This just has to do with the change when a new expansion is released. Lots of folks feel like they want a fresh start. Unless the guild is tight before the next expansion, it can easily fall apart.