Thread: MoP graphics

10+ Year Old Account

MoP graphics

Hey guys,
    I am not sure if it has always been this way or if I just started noticing it, but I am irritated by a stutter / tearing while playing WoW. What I mean is that if I move the camera, the picture breaks up and starts looking like a series of static images that I am rotating through. Also, when running, there is stutter and sometimes I can't read the text in the NPC chat bubble while running as it shakes too much. Any advice?
    Setup:
    AMD 7850 (latest drivers)
    i5 3570K (stock speed, no OC)
    8GB RAM
    WoW on SSD

Settings: Ultra with shadows off. V sync enabled (and disabled with no difference), SSAO off. Camera distance - max
    Also, getting only around 40 FPS in MoP zones.

Any help is appreciated.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

Probably going to sound silly and stupid, but have you checked to make sure all your devices and drivers are up to date?

Make sure Vertical Sync & Triple Buffering are disabled in your settings. Then logout and exit the game. Reload your wow client and let us know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickcraft View Post
    Make sure Vertical Sync & Triple Buffering are disabled in your settings. Then logout and exit the game. Reload your wow client and let us know.
    LOL, damn you Nickcraft, made the adjustments and exited the game, and now cannot log back in. Apparently, that's the new issue Bizzard is investigating currently as per their log in screen splash banner. You screwed me

Will let you know if it helps as soon as get back in. Thanks for the help

EDIT: Got back in, still choppy. In Titan Monastary right now with only 5-6 other players around. Only getting 40FPS on the ground, 56-58 when I walk out and stare at scenery. Also, now that I look closely at it, everything vibrates slightly when I run. Really jarring and annoying.

Any guesses? Should I overclock my PC? Could it be my monitor? I have a 21 inch Acer X203H, not really new but not very old either.
    Last edited by Quick Ben; 2012-09-27 at 06:23 PM.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.