10+ Year Old Account

800W PSU Worth getting on Amazon?

So my PSU died out two days before MoP.. Sad sad few days for me. : (

So I've been lookin around for some cheap PSU's on some online sites. The cheapest I could find we're on amazon for less than fourty bucks. They are not the best, but they are good for short term till I can afford the more expensive one I would think.

Should I spend my money on these cheap PSU's, or do you think they'll last me less than a week because they're so cheap? : (
    The cat is out of the bag.

15+ Year Old Account
    A psu is something that you do not want to cheapen out on. Please link your computer specs, most likely you do not even need a 800W.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have the specs on me on hand. And when I bought my pc on CyberPower it was recommended for at a 750W but was going to hook up either another Gpu or tv screen or both.
    The cat is out of the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You should also link the power supply in question as we could probably offer more opinion on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravegirl View Post
    Don't have the specs on me on hand. And when I bought my pc on CyberPower it was recommended for at a 750W but was going to hook up either another Gpu or tv screen or both.
    Your monitor TV projector w/e have nothing to do with your PSU at all. 750w is more than enough for most CFX and SLI builds unless you have like a 580 5 HDD's 2 ODD's, Link us your system specs and we will link you something quality and affordable.

You should pay more attention to the quality of the unit as opposed to the wattage. Many cheap PSU's don't deliver anywhere near the stated wattage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTVEtr14FEA A cheap PSU will damage your componets over time or worse, it could catch on fire.