Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Something to do with germany. I'm studying it right now but even still I dont know. I know much more about WII
    WWI basically started as a flare-up of lingering hostilities between various Germanic countries, as well as Germany's longstanding belief that it should have control of all German nations. Various allies around the world just got dragged into the mess.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    WWI basically started as a flare-up of lingering hostilities between various Germanic countries, as well as Germany's longstanding belief that it should have control of all German nations. Various allies around the world just got dragged into the mess.
    Okay. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Imperial Germany, right?
    I dunno. Only studying what the US did during the war right now. Can't remember what I learned last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Imperial Germany, right?
    Germany was an Empire at the time of WWI, yes, in the Second Reich. They were a Democracy for a few years before the Nazi's were elected in, then systematically removed 90% of the democratic functions, and thus became dubbed the Third Reich.

Deleted
    Oh lawdy is dat sum history?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Vaguely remembered but I think accurate history, and really short on details, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    make room for the history major
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Something to do with germany. I'm studying it right now but even still I dont know. I know much more about WII
    Cause its the more important WW. Most history teachers kinda shrug off WW1. Like, in high school we spent 3 days studying WW1, and like 2 weeks in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Cause its the more important WW. Most history teachers kinda shrug off WW1. Like, in high school we spent 3 days studying WW1, and like 2 weeks in WW2.
    both wars are important, but I agree with the second world war being more important than the first. But ehh, what's done is done, can't change the past, only study it and try to learn form other people's mistakes, which . . . right now, i'm too busy drawing to pay much mind to history.

10+ Year Old Account
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Klocko these are, but two of the ones I have, the first one having many different versions.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 09:40 PM ----------

Here is my Twilight one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Klocko these are, but two of the ones I have, the first one having many different versions.

[IMG]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6968/raritydiamondswhole.png[/IG]
    I only see one but it looks pretty damn nice. I like the style, very simple but it works :P

10+ Year Old Account
    both wars are important, but I agree with the second world war being more important than the first. But ehh, what's done is done, can't change the past, only study it and try to learn form other people's mistakes, which . . . right now, i'm too busy drawing to pay much mind to history.
    How we handled the first part of WW2 was pretty smart. Took our economy from a depression to a boom in ~10 years.

How we handled the first part of WW2 was pretty smart. Took our economy from a depression to a boom in ~10 years.
    Can we do that again? I dont like having a poor economy (I know we aren't in a depression but our economy isn't too great. I dont know if it's getting better currently though, because i live under a rock).

Deleted
    Because you only turned up for the end of WW1

Wars are good for business. It's how you handle the post-war that determines if you end up in a depression (See, World War 1 and the Great Depression or Iraq/Afghanistan and the housing-bubble pop.)

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:44 AM ----------

Can we do that again? I dont like having a poor economy (I know we aren't in a depression but our economy isn't too great. I dont know if it's getting better currently though, because i live under a rock).
    We're already in a post-war economy. It was just bungled.

We're also starting to get positive traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Wars are good for business. It's how you handle the post-war that determines if you end up in a depression (See, World War 1 and the Great Depression or Iraq/Afghanistan and the housing-bubble pop.)

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:44 AM ----------

We're already in a post-war economy. It was just bungled.

We're also starting to get positive traction.
    The only thing I can see is that gas prices are decreasing. I know gas isn't the only thing in an economy, but having lower prices on gas is a decent enough sign for my uneducated mind that tells me we're starting to get a bit better.

I only see one but it looks pretty damn nice. I like the style, very simple but it works :P
    All I can do is use stuff from the show, so they are not the best, but I like them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The only thing I can see is that gas prices are decreasing. I know gas isn't the only thing in an economy, but having lower prices on gas is a decent enough sign for my uneducated mind that tells me we're starting to get a bit better.
    Gas prices are only loosely tied to the rest of the economy. We simply don't produce enough on our own for it to be a reliable measuring stick.

As a matter of fact, the last time gas prices dropped, and dropped hard, it was at the start of the recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    All I can do is use stuff from the show, so they are not the best, but I like them.
    Well those two look pretty damn good. Right now i'm working on a picture of twilight sparkle and her owl for a charity thing. I'll post it once I'm done, and if you want you can try to convert it to a design (it isn't vectored but I'm sure I can easily vector it if you want).

You know what occurred to me? Rarity with a beret and a hairpin shaped like her cutie mark on the right side (by her ear, covering most of the hair in that area) would look very beautiful. I'd like to see that done eventually.

Even without the beret, I think.

I've been having quite a few popcorn thoughts like that recently. I wish I had the patience to learn to draw, I would genuinely like to put some of the stuff that goes through my mind into life
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)