Messing with poorly designed tests on gender, it's a good thing

Max feminine stereotypes (gentle, soft spoken, loves children) and minimize masculine ones (independent, individualistic, self-sufficient)

:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    I'd say any quiz in which the taker answers the questions themselves is going to be inaccurate, because people have a tendency to be wrong about their first assumptions about themselves.
    yeah there should be a quiz that asks you something like "do you prefer red apples or green apples or do you even like apples?"
    and then you click on "green"

and in the test results it says "your spirit animal is seagull"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muCephei View Post

[img]http://personality-testing.info/tests/images/BSRIi.php?M=0.2&F=5.7[/idg]

Max feminine stereotypes (gentle, soft spoken, loves children) and minimize masculine ones (independent, individualistic, self-sufficient)

Oh hai Cephei!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

[img]http://personality-testing.info/tests/images/BSRIi.php?M=0.2&F=5.7[/im]

Yeah, it's nowhere near accurate. It's all based on stereotypes rather than science.

Also, nice to see you Cephei.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    (independent, self-sufficient)
    exactly what I was trying to say when I said it has multiple same questions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    So some random girl from your guild who you barely know persuaded you to into Blackwing Descent? Or is this one of your old horde buddies?

Either way, HA!

I spent a good 2 hours with the Aristocracy on Sha of Fear, didn't down him but good experience.
    No, we're talking about Trix here.
    sexist pig
    No u.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    Oh noes. I smell abuse
    Don't let her hear this! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Hype.

I also managed to get a friend of mine who's at a school eligible for Dreamspark Premium to promise me a W7 for free once I get the new comp. SCORE!
    Dreamspark Premium?
    W7?
    What's that?

[img]http://personality-testing.info/tests/images/BSRIi.php?M=0.2&F=5.7[/mg]

Hey you!
    Hello!
    You!
    Hai!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It's silly how few creatures have Reach when you have so many creatures practically the size of small towers.
    That is definitely true, and considering flying has jumped up in population so suddenly the last few sets.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Where is this test everyone is talking about?
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    yeah there should be a quiz that asks you something like "do you prefer red apples or green apples or do you even like apples?"

caw caw motherfucker
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Unfortunately you need that type of hand all of the time to pull it off and one counter spell usually wrecks the whole day.
    Yeah, but nobody else is looking at actual mana acceleration. Black's mana is temporary (man, when was the last time Dark Ritual was even printed?). White has Path of Exile. Blue.....I can't even think of any.

Does red need a better niche to make them viable by itself? Sure. But you gotta come up with something better than things that other colors are already good at. Then again, I can't play blue solo at all. I just can't. So, I don't mind red right now.

Oh, and don't forget Koth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The difference is Green can survive without flying thanks to Reach, while Red sits wide open.

And Pend, I'm curious how he pulled a 12/12 on turn two, when all the red mana acceleration costs at least 3 mana.
    Turn one: Mountain, Goblin Fire Slinger
    Turn two: Mountain, tap fire slinger for one damage. Ok, so I don't remember the card names, so bear with me. Infernal Plunge, sacrifice fire slinger. Tap other mana for the card that gives you two mana. You now have five. Georsurge, and then the 6/6 bloodthirst 6 dragon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    Dreamspark Premium?
    W7?
    What's that?
    It's a program by Microsoft that allows students at certain universities etc that have enrolled in the Dreamspark Premium program to download free software. Even if your school isn't a part of it, you can log in with for example the ISIC card, but you'll have access to a much more limited selection of software. If you have access to the premium one, you can get W7/W8 for free.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:49 AM ----------

It's a rare Cephei pony! Hiya! \o

How've you been? :>

Drekmen have you considered a career in internet personality tests?

10+ Year Old Account
    [img]http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt232/pinchemariachi/seagull.jpg[/imdg]

caw caw motherfucker
    I live on the Gulf Coast. I can verify this is exactly how Seagulls are

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    I pretty much just assumed it was pointless as soon as I noticed they were using helpfulness and reliablity to judge your masculinity/femininity.

No bias there at all. None.
    well masculinity and femininity are already stereotype-based terms
    it has nothing to do with your gender, you can be a masculine woman or a feminine man.
    It has barely anything to do with science

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, but nobody else is looking at actual mana acceleration. Black's mana is temporary (man, when was the last time Dark Ritual was even printed?). White has Path of Exile. Blue.....I can't even think of any.

Does red need a better niche to make them viable by itself? Sure. But you gotta come up with something better than things that other colors are already good at. Then again, I can't play blue solo at all. I just can't. So, I don't mind red right now.

Oh, and don't forget Koth.

Turn one: Mountain, Goblin Fire Slinger
    Turn two: Mountain, tap fire slinger for one damage. Ok, so I don't remember the card names, so bear with me. Infernal Plunge, sacrifice fire slinger. Tap other mana for the card that gives you two mana. You now have five. Georsurge, and then the 6/6 bloodthirst 6 dragon.
    Ok, that is just an absolutely insane draw. The chance of that happening is...incredibly miniscule.

Also, for real mana acceleration, see: Green.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2012-11-26 at 10:52 PM.

exactly what I was trying to say when I said it has multiple same questions
    That's actually a valid designed when making long questionaires. The idea is to ask the same question in slightly different ways over a long period. If they don't that it shows there's less bias on the responder's part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    That was equally to spillin' a 6L bottle of acid right into my eyes...
    OH MY GAWD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I live on the Gulf Coast. I can verify this is exactly how Seagulls are
    the seagulls around here are very 'friendly'. They follow you around and watch you. Probably wanting food.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

well masculinity and femininity are already stereotype-based terms
    it has nothing to do with your gender, you can be a masculine woman or a feminine man.
    It has barely anything to do with science
    While true, there is truth to some, but individuality and self-reliance aren't the ones that have basis in some science.

Men are naturally more forward, based on hormones, but not necessarily more self-reliant.