10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    As of right now, I've met more dicks than nice people.
    You've met more people in a bad mood than people in a good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    No there is a right and wrong answer. If say you will press the button because you are incredibly selfish and have no regard for human life then you are answering the question honestly and correctly. If you believe that by pressing the button you will do any amount of good for the world then you are either lying or incredibly naive, which would be answering the question dishonestly.
    Human life means nothing, stop putting it on some sort of pedestal of importance.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Proving that you care enough about your fellow human beings not to hurt them for your own personal gain. I think we can all agree this should be a basic function of life.
    This is one of those things that looks good on paper, but doesn't work in real life.

Haven't you learned anything from Bastion, Fallout and such? Good is not white, and evil is not black. Everything is grey. Like Bluesparks mentions in Black & White, and I toy around with in Lonesome Road; Good can be bad, and evil can be good.

Hurt other people for personal gain? I would hurt other people for personal gain. I have hurt people for personal gain. Story time:

I was once at a foster home that wasn't treating me right. Psychological terror everyday on me because I didn't like their real son. I lived with my foster mom, my foster dad and their real son at my own age, so you could say they adopted me (Even though I was thrown onto their doorstep by the state. But nevermind that).

You see, if I would have stayed there I would have broken down. I was 13, and when you're 13 and your 'mom' and 'dad' takes away your Eminem CD's because of bad language, and afterwards giving them to their son because he also loved Eminem... That fucks you up. So what I did was I told my mother I couldn't be there anymore, which she pretty blatantly ignored. I tried to speak to my caseworker but would she listen to a 13 year old? Nah.

So one day I beat their son up. I had hoped that this would do something, because I couldn't take living there anymore. And it did - I was kicked out, stamped as a violent and wicked young one and thrown into another foster care.

I don't feel bad about it. I didn't kill him or anything, but I bruised him quite a bit. But he recovered - If I had stayed there until' I was 18 I would not have been able to recover. I do indeed think that what I did was evil, but what I did definied who I am today, and I do not think that is such a bad thing.

Freyera, if you have enemies it means that you took a stand somewhere in your life. To every friend there is an enemy, and to every enemy there is a friend. Most of the times it's us who refuses to see them, not them who ignores us.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I've told this before, so if I have please excuse me. I'm just trying to prove a point.

No there is a right and wrong answer. If say you will press the button because you are incredibly selfish and have no regard for human life then you are answering the question honestly and correctly. If you believe that by pressing the button you will do any amount of good for the world then you are either lying or incredibly naive, which would be answering the question dishonestly.
    So by your logic, if you don't press the button you are a good person, but if you do press the button you aren't a good person? Okay . . . . So what if you're the one who cures AIDS or cancer but you press the button, are you a bad person still? Or what if you slaughtered millions of people or caused an entire country to get wiped out due to a nuclear fallout, but you decide to not press the button, are you a good person now? Your views are just as flawed as anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all in the psyche, I do believe 1m$ has a bigger chance of helping the world through charitable organizations than 1 person has.

Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    So by your logic, if you don't press the button you are a good person, but if you do press the button you aren't a good person? Okay . . . . So what if you're the one who cures AIDS or cancer but you press the button, are you a bad person still? Or what if you slaughtered millions of people or caused an entire country to get wiped out due to a nuclear fallout, but you decide to not press the button, are you a good person now? Your views are just as flawed as anyone else.
    If you press the button you are definitely not a good person. If you don't press the button you could be any kind of person, there isn't enough evidence about your character to form any conclusion about you. All I would know is that you are not a murderer.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Human life means nothing, stop putting it on some sort of pedestal of importance.
    A very child-like thing to say but I am not surprised hearing it from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've met more people in a bad mood than people in a good mood.
    You should be able to control yourself while you're in a bad mood.

It's not often that I agree with you on something.

It's all in the psyche, I do believe 1m$ has a bigger chance of helping the world through charitable organizations than 1 person has.
    Especially since a whole group of people dedicating their time to something has a much bigger chance of something happening than just one person. Also, a group of people can (more than likely) using the million more than one random person.

This is only going to end badly and have people insulting and arguing with each other for a topic like this.
    >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    This is only going to end badly and have people insulting and arguing with each other for a topic like this.
    >_<
    As I've said many times, I generally don't have emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Especially since a whole group of people dedicating their time to something has a much bigger chance of something happening than just one person. Also, a group of people can (more than likely) using the million more than one random person.
    Exactly. Many people with few money can sometimes do more than one person with many money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    You should be able to control yourself while you're in a bad mood.
    Like it or not, if you're in a foul mood, it will show in everything you do.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    If you press the button you are definitely not a good person. If you don't press the button you could be any kind of person, there isn't enough evidence about your character to form any conclusion about you. All I would know is that you are not a murderer.

Measuring people in good or bad is as much a lie as measuring them as kings and commoners, knights and farmers, doctors and beggars.

People are just people. You can't say one action condemns a man to be good or evil all through his life. That's what the bible tried to tell us: If you've done bad, you can still be good. Face your sins.

I said this before, and I'll say it again: I'm not a good person nor a bad person. But I'm an honest person, and I think that speaks louder than morals and ethics.

10+ Year Old Account
    >_<
    I don't mind that.

Child-like? So being right is childish? Human life means nothing in the bigger view. Look at how puny we are to the rest of the universe. There are (more than likely) civilizations out there that are far more advanced than us, and far more pure. And if you look at our, hell, even our PHYSICAL size to that of the universe, we are so small that the actions we take have no major impact as a whole on the universe. Now, it is important to us on a personal level since we don't know of any other life form on any other planet, but still. We are not important. But we like to think we are, so we try to justify our actions with petty things like "thinking someone who takes one life is a murderer".

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot say he isn't a murderer just because he doesn't press the button. Maybe he just puts a higher value on human life, and would do it at 2m$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    This is one of those things that looks good on paper, but doesn't work in real life.

Long Post.
    People who have no reason to be an asshole to each other shouldn't be an asshole to each other

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Then your beliefs are wrong. I could create an infinitely long list of individual people who have done incredible things for the world and have saved countless lives.

Deleted
    Like it or not, if you're in a foul mood, it will show in everything you do.
    I concur with this statement, but knowing you probably not statements connected to this one.

As I've said many times, I generally don't have emotions.
    I'm sure you wish that to be true. I really am.

>_<
    A debate is healthy, ain't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then your beliefs are wrong. I could create an infinitely long list of individual people who have done incredible things for the world and have saved countless lives.
    And I could create just as long a list with people who have done the exact opposite.

And I could create just as long a list with people who have done the exact opposite.
    I was about to say the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    I'm sure you wish that to be true. I really am.
    I don't get mad, I don't get sad, I don't get disgusted. I have seen things that many people will find disgusting, and I have yet to feel bad about it. I have had experiences where people have told me to stop being gross because of what I discussed and I thought it wasn't all that gross.