Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you have kids? Were you in the room during birth?

So! My gf is really close to labour as I'm typing this. No real pains yet, but there's certainly something going on.

So! Do you have kids? And did you join in on the fun?
    Any funny stories?

(I have a kid from a previous relationship and was there when she was born. All 48 hours of it.)

Update: We're in Labour! Woho!
    Last edited by ghrolt; 2013-05-30 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Labour!

Deleted
    I don't have kids and I hope I never do, for my and their sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to videotape it and show it to your kid in 18 years to scar them for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Make sure to videotape it and show it to your kid in 18 years to scar them for life.
    Yeah, I plan on doing that, and edit in clips of The Walking Dead and 2012 to scare the fudge out of whomever the kid ends up being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliara View Post
    I have a 3month old son, I gave birth so yeah i was in the room My fiance was there with me very stressed etc.
    Hope your girlfriend gets away without tearing and all the unfortunate stuff
    Ugh, my vagina hurts from that word/sentence and I don't even have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Liliara View Post
    I have a 3month old son, I gave birth so yeah i was in the room My fiance was there with me very stressed etc.
    Hope your girlfriend gets away without tearing and all the unfortunate stuff
    Oh, we'll see. Her firstborn was 1 kilo lighter than this one...So yeah. I hope so too (If you know what I mean) :P

http://www.cracked.com/article_16508...hildbirth.html

Womans pelvis is about 12 cm in diameter. Childs head is about 11 cms. 80 % of women tear during childbirth so they usually pre-cut them to control the tear.

Yep 1 year old boy.
    She was in labour for 24 hours. The worst part is sat waiting in the room while she goes through the labour pains and what until he popped out because there is nothing you can do but comfort her and let the midwives do there stuff.
    Was a bit of a sweating moment even for me lol but once he came out the tears flooded i cut the cord and held him .
    One of them moments where no matter how big and hard you think you are...tears of joy was sat there waiting behind the eyes ready to jump out once he popped out.

Ugh, my vagina hurts from that word/sentence and I don't even have one!
    Oh relax you, its when they drag out the scissors the fun begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can answer is soon. Just be there for her. It counts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Oh relax you, its when they drag out the scissors the fun begins.
    No no no no no no no lol I've seen a video of child birth after one of my friends had her baby. For something so natural, it was so gross lol

No no no no no no no lol I've seen a video of child birth after one of my friends had her baby. For something so natural, it was so gross lol
    My gf was in labour for 5 days the last time, and as they grabbed the scissors she just yelled NOOOO! - Soon after the kid was out

10+ Year Old Account
    My gf was in labour for 5 days the last time, and as they grabbed the scissors she just yelled NOOOO! - Soon after the kid was out
    Five days?! Does she now hate that child? lol I think I would have some serious issues if I were popping out a kid and made me feel like I was being torn in half for five days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    I don't have kids and I hope I never do, for my and their sake.
    Oh come on! It's fun! You get to say stuff like: "STOP! I created you!"!

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 10:07 PM ----------

No I don't suppose. Mama's love and all that. But I'm keeping an eye on that kid...Just to be sure.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck mate!
    Don't have any kids.. or a g/f right now.

Don't think I could be in the room, I'm not the best with blood, shit and angry women!

Deleted
    Oh come on! It's fun! You get to say stuff like: "STOP! I created you!"!

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 10:07 PM ----------

No I don't suppose. Mama's love and all that. But I'm keeping an eye on that kid...Just to be sure.
    I have most things that would make a bad parent: lazy, short tempered, hate loud noises and stress, etc. It would just be a bad idea, on top of the fact that I don't want a kid. A cat is responsibility enough for me

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 kids.

I was in the "birthing room" at the "birth center" for our first (next to the hospital, a place just for expectant mothers).

For the next two, I was at home... so was my wife, and the midwife as well.

Fun fact: Women cant help but swear in their native tongue when in labour. You can find out if your wife is a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Best of luck mate!
    Don't have any kids.. or a g/f right now.

Don't think I could be in the room, I'm not the best with blood, shit and angry women!
    Just stand up the head end you don't see much.

I was there when our daughter was born but I was incredibly lucky I dropped my Mrs off at the maternity ward, went in with her and then went to park the car. By the time I got back she was about to give birth, in fact had I taken her advice and parked where it was free I would have missed it by the time I got back to her. I really don't know how I would have handled it had she been in labour for several hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Fun fact: Women cant help but swear in their native tongue when in labour. You can find out if your wife is a spy.
    Noted. But I'm pretty sure she's Norwegian. She cries every time she sees our flag.
    Last edited by ghrolt; 2013-05-23 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Made a dumbdumb.