Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    then get off the pvp server
    I really hope you get camped soon.

Griefing is pathetic behaviour, and the argument that 'PvP is on a PvP server' is pretty weak to say the least. World PvP is when you meet someone by chance when you're both questing. Not when you purposely camp a portal waiting for people lower level then you to pop out so you can repeatedly kill them with no effort or risk, especially when you have friends with you already.

And no, don't use the 'it gets people to log their mains!' nonsense. People are on their mains already, trying to level. If you want to fight people the same level as you, go to higher level zones and stop being such a wimp.

PvP servers includes ganking low levels. I used to main on Mal'Ganis Alliance.
    The amount of horde there is outrageous. When I first leveld my priest and came to outlands, i was ganked non stop by 70s in Hell Fire. I had to stop playing many times because I would 1v1 some kid, kill him and then multiple 70s would camp my corpse.

This is just the nature of pvp servers. Sometimes people enjoy camping you.

I used to go to orgrimmar and sit on a rooftop and kill any low level that was 1 shottable.

Being camped just inspires you to get revenge and never be mercyful.
    So if you got camped, that dude probably got camped in the past.

Griefing tho. Is pretty grey area, you should open a ticket and see what the GM says.

Deleted
    i gank a lot. i camped a 87 nelf hunter for about 15mins while in hc queue and a 89 paladin for about 15 aswell, i get bored easily, it was that or sit in orgrimmar. ive camped people far longer than that, as long as they keep ressing ill keep killing. what makes it better is the people who bring their 90 guild mate a long, i kill them aswell and camp them both. i only camp a few people though, depends if i like their name/class/race. i dont like dreaenei so they always get killed. i will keep doing it until blizzard decides i can be banned for it. until then, stop crying and go roll on a pvp server.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never understood why I only get ganked by players with a higher level than me... maybe its because they're affraid of a real challenge. I know I'm gonna get the hell out of my lame-ass pvp server, once they make server migrates free

Never, if you don't like it, don't play on PvP Realms.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

Deleted
    Your friend could've just gone AFK for those 15-20 minutes instead of being tryhard. Pretty sure the gankers would've given up and moved onto their next pray, meanwhile your friend could've taken a shower, made something to eat...you get the point. It's not necessarily wise to keep ressing and feeding (free)kills to the gankers.

10+ Year Old Account
    ganking is fine-hell its fun and a perk for being on a pvp server.myself i would usually kill another player once or twice then leave them alone.after the first kill,sometime i would wait around for them to res and get them again,then leave them alone.after two kills is what i call camping,just go find another player to kill,let people play the game.

although some players are ass holes and need to be ganked/camped on sight.for example this level 88ish horde lock would sit on his big ass mount on top of the vendors at sunsong ranch, hoping an ally player would miss click and the npcs would attack him.hes asking to be killed and thats what we did,over and over again.i would kill him,HL out of the farm then kill the npcs attacking me.then i go back heal up and kill his ass again.two of us did that until that gay ass lock logged out lol.

Griefing is 3+ kills where the enemy kills you with more than 40-50% hp remaining imo

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not guilty of this, because I am probably more than most people. 20 minutes of ganking a lower toon with more than person with you is a bit excessive though. The only time I'll kill someone to that extent is if they decided to camp / outnumber me, and I always kill them / camp them every time I see them after that (Not vindictive, just claiming my territory, haha).

I think world pvp being alive again is one of the best things about this expantion; I find myself PvPing in the world more than I bg, and prefer it that way.

Ganking is great, and camping is somewhat fine; I even give my targets time to get away after I ganked them a couple times, or try to entice a 1v1/2v2/3v3/ full guild war by ganking and camping. When they're obviously not going to come after you on their 90, or try to start a war a with you, then I think that's the line of griefing. You have, obviously, no reward from killing them for any other reason than just killing them, and it's jerks like that who give PvPers and gankers a bad name, (Sure "ganking" is bad as is, but you understand my point).

In a situation where you literally stand no chance, the socially-accepted threshold where ganking becomes greifing is when your corpse-run leaves you with a 2 minute res timer. You could got out another 5 minutes from there - it's fathomable that the ganker is trying to provoke a response from your guild, but after 10 full mins, if nothing is happening, then nothing is going to happen. Then it's greifing.

I don't usually kill anyone more than 3 times, especially if they are just lowbies (89 or lower). I would say more than 3 becomes griefing, but I am probably more of a carebear than most.