Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ok so if a healer can heal you to max in 2-3 heals and never go oom how exactly are you supposed to kill the other players?

Waiting for healers to run out of mana AND the 30 sec burst at the beginning of the fight are both awful ways to win. But a win is a win. It should be through team work, proper CC, burst etc. But all three ways are valid ways of winning.

Deleted
    Attrition is frowned upon because of class balance.

As a Resto Shaman in S5-S8 I remember having to constantly drink (and use the drinking trick) in order to keep up with a Druid's or Paladins. It wasn't uncommon in a 2v2 War/Sham vs War/Pally game for me to drink 3-4 times with the Paladin drinking 0 in order to achieve a win. Priests were in the same situation.

Attrition mainly comes down to picking the right class on the log in screen. Yes you can force them to use expensive spells and get some mana pressure but it's been years since I've seen a competant Paladin or Druid go oom in Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    OOMing healers is a cheese strategy to begin with.

"So, my plan is to just keep fighting until his healer runs out of mana and mine doesn't, instead of like, actually, overcoming my opponents with a strategy."

Glad it can't be done, to be honest.
    Your strategy is to out control and out damage your opponents. If you do so, their healer should oom before your and you win. Why is planing to win on overall damage a bad strat?

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    OOMing healers is a cheese strategy to begin with.

"So, my plan is to just keep fighting until his healer runs out of mana and mine doesn't, instead of like, actually, overcoming my opponents with a strategy."

Glad it can't be done, to be honest.
    If your healer goes OOM first it means you are being outplayed. People didn't whine about going OOM, they whined about unavoidable mana drain mechanics that were eventually nerfed.

But more importantly, if people don't go OOM then what is the point in having a mana bar? Why not remove it completely and turn mana classes into some kind of arcade game? All mana classes are already stupidly easy to play since they require zero resource management, we need a return to the TBC playstyle where inefficient play was punished, just without drain mana and that hunter pet sting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how hard the thread is getting derailed and the only one who answered
    OP's question is banned.

I'd like to know this as well as it's a fun "mechanic" where depending on comps the
    other team often was on the clock as they knew they'd run OOM faster and are
    forced to make use of their superior burst damage to make something happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    In arena healers always used to oom, in random bgs which full of new and non experienced low rated players - healers will hardly go oom, in 1x1 vs dps healer probably wont oom also

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Now you have to explain yourself why is it a cheesy strategy? If things are properly balanced and your opponents dont make crucial mistakes it's the only way you should win games EVER. Bursting someone down in the opener - that is a cheesy strategy.
    This ^^^^^^^^

Deleted
    My disc priest does, no other healer does.

OOMing enemy healer is valid strategy indeed, but only by higher pressure, CC etc... so that the healer need to cast more or cast less effective heals, or dispelling and interrupting his mana regen mechanics - thats a valid tactic. Spamming a mana burn skill which only one healer was allowed to have is totally stupid design and Im amazed how blizzard is still leaving some of those spammable lol skills like a spell steal in the game.
    Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
    Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
    Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    Your strategy is to out control and out damage your opponents. If you do so, their healer should oom before your and you win. Why is planing to win on overall damage a bad strat?
    This.10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop PVP is going to be more about control/cc then burst and ooming healers, u will need some sort of cc in your team, ive done over 100 games in beta at 90, its all about cc
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Now you have to explain yourself why is it a cheesy strategy? If things are properly balanced and your opponents dont make crucial mistakes it's the only way you should win games EVER. Bursting someone down in the opener - that is a cheesy strategy.
    No team never makes mistakes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    ok so if a healer can heal you to max in 2-3 heals and never go oom how exactly are you supposed to kill the other players?
    CC the healer
    Well-timed target switches
    Separate the healer from the dps target

But you just keep tunneling the dps while the healer in the back can freecast on him and keep him alive. I'm sure you'll do fine.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    OOMing enemy healer is valid strategy indeed, but only by higher pressure, CC etc... so that the healer need to cast more or cast less effective heals, or dispelling and interrupting his mana regen mechanics - thats a valid tactic. Spamming a mana burn skill which only one healer was allowed to have is totally stupid design
    this sums it up the best
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.