10+ Year Old Account

Combat Rogue AoE rotation

Hey guys,

I boosted a rogue to lvl 80 and liked it so much i decided to level him in Pandaria. After a while i started getting the hang of single target rotation, but i'm still having trouble with AoE. In dungeons i'm doing allright on bosses but when it comes to trash and AoE I always end up on the bottom of recount. So my question: what's the combat rogue's AOE rotation.

Thanks!
    Raissmo - Feral Druid - Turalyon EU

I usually just Blade Flurry and focus on one target if it's 2-4 mobs. If it's 5 mobs or more I do the whole Fan of Knives to 5cp and Crimson Tempest. Don't forget to keep autoattacking a target when you spam FoK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not sure at what point FoK/CT becomes better than single target flurry... but if you can count the health bars in a single glance, flurry's the answer. It may turn over at 5 or somewhere over that, but the AoE combat gets (sustained, not under AR) is just painful. At 90 I run ~45k without CDs under Flurry, and against ~6-8 mobs I run pretty similar numbers with AoE. Against 15 or 20 the AoE pulls ahead of course...

On a more important note: if you're flurrying, don't use AoE abilities... and if you're AoEing, don't gimp your energy generation with flurry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks Mugakak and Nibu. I'm gonna try it out. Any other advice of course is welcome
    Raissmo - Feral Druid - Turalyon EU

Deleted
    On 2+ targets you should always either switch between Sinister Strikes to a different target to get Deadly Poison ticking on all the mobs. After a certain amount of targets it's more beneficial to spread Deadly Poison with Fan of Knives but it's not worthwhile to spam Fan of Knives for the damage and instant Deadly Poison ticks itself.

It's all a little unclear at the moment. I consider 6+ targets to be worth dropping my rotation for and spamming Fan of Knives and Crimson Tempest. Anything below that it's a nice DPS increase to make a little effort in spreading Deadly Poison around.