Thread: Mining prices

Deleted

Mining prices

Well I farmed a hell of a lot of ore the last 2-3 days but before I could sell it I noticed the prices have decreased due to undercutters, do you suggest I leave it a while (a couple of weeks) to see if the prices start to rise again when people have less time for farming and are more bothered about raiding or should I just put them on the market?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vermat10 View Post
    Well I farmed a hell of a lot of ore the last 2-3 days but before I could sell it I noticed the prices have decreased due to undercutters, do you suggest I leave it a while (a couple of weeks) to see if the prices start to rise again when people have less time for farming and are more bothered about raiding or should I just put them on the market?
    Your mileage may vary based on your server. Personally, if I were in your situation, I'd pull another "obsidium shuffle."

#FlightIsImportant

On Auchindoun the prices of Ghost Iron are insane. I have no idea why because there certainly is no shortage of Ghost Iron.
    I managed to get like 1500 Ghost Iron just by mining nodes i found during my quests.

I imagine more people will start undercutting, theres about 3000 Ghost Iron auctions going on.
    When the amount of people leveling goes down, i can see the supply vs demand balancing out again and the prices with it.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Was wondering if anyone has a grap of the price trends of ores after cataclysm (1 day to 2 months) would be interesting to see

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed an economic flip occur in-game since WoW's early days. When an xpac like TBC dropped, the cost of new mats (like Fel Iron, Adamantite and Knothide Leather) went through the roof and stayed high for 3 or 4 months. This was because many of us only had 1-3 primary characters and some of them had professions that were dependent upon AH-purchased materials. Old materials that had been clogging our banks (like Mountain Silversage, Mithril Ore and Cured Hides) went up for sale cheap because everyone was cleaning out their banks to make room for xpac crafting.

This is not the case anymore.

Now, everyone has become profession-savvy. We have 10-11 alts with overlapping professions. Very few people still need to buy fresh xpac-released mats off the AH to level profs to max. Instead, old mats become more expensive at xpac release because everyone anticipates alts will be leveled and no experienced gamer with a fresh alt wants to waste time gathering when he's grinding. So alts will buy old mats off the AH to level professions while they're grinding up and will then later go back and level up the gathering skills once we have flight, riding, etc.

The problem you're experiencing in being unable to rake in high profits from Pandaria mats comes from the maturation of the playerbase. We don't need to buy new stuff, we can harvest it all easily and in droves. What we want to buy now is cheap Wool, cheap Copper and Silver ore, cheap Bear Flank, etc. The problem is, the smart farmers know it and now stacks of Copper (that can be mined in minutes) are selling for 40-60g a stack.

That's where the money is at xpac release. Farm First Aid and Cooking mats for levelers. You'd be very surprised. I had no problem shelling out a king's ransom for Furious Crawdads to get me over the TBC hump...