Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reputations give gear, yes, but not just gear...
    They also give mounts, pets and goodies.
    So what's the point of leveling them? Unless you love to grind achievement (like me :3) you can forget them.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Rep Gear is meant to fill gaps, exactly as Blizzard has stated in the past. It is not there to outfit you. To help combat bad RNG.

And future uses of VP (at least) is the planned upgrading system for Epics, where you spend VP to upgrade an item, increasing it's ilevel and stats (wasn't finished for 5.0, hence the rep + JP/VP gear). It will likely be added with the next raid tier (5.1 or 5.2, whichever holds the raid(s)).
    I get that design principle for VP, but the way they implemented JP gear means that JP is almost useless for PVE gear. The amount of time it takes to reach honored with most factions (outside of Klaxxi) is so long that there is very little chance that someone will need JP gear by the time they can access it. I understand that they want people to primarily gear up through dungeons and raids, but I think they could have either adjusted the rep levels of where you get JP gear, or simply increased the cost of JP gear to act as a barrier to simply running a few dungeons and buying all the gear you need. Added to that is that the JP gear is a half-tier lower than dungeon gear, so that means less of a reason to provide such a large barrier to acquiring it when it is still useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annoying to have to do SO many dailies just to unlock more dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by sher5od View Post
    I just checked the Klaxi quartermaster and at revered you can get 489 epic armor then at exalted it goes back down to 463 weapons. I'm just trying to understand the reasoning
    I'll explain this to you.

Friendly - recipes, currency to purchase is crafting materials
    Honored - blue, 450 gear, currency to purchase is justice points
    Revered - epic, 489 gear, currency to purchase is valor points
    Exalted - mounts, tabards, some blue heroic level gear, currency to purchase is gold

That epic gear you see? You'll need to farm valor points to purchase it. The 363 blues you see? You will be able to purchase them immediately.

Also, you get more rewards by hitting exalted than just the stuff you buy from the vendors.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dailys themselves are fine, the problem is jp rewards are such low Ilevel (or rep so slow to aquire) that there is nothing you will ever spend jp on, there needs to be a JP resource vendor just so there is something we can do with this useless currency.
    an odd side effect of this is that people are leaving dungeons at an increasing rate after thier loot fails to drop on bosses 1 and 2 of a dungeon, jp is worth nothing so they lose their only reason to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've just applied a hotfix that removes the faction requirements for Justice gear.
    Fixed. No longer need faction rep, just access to faction quartermaster.

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Dailys themselves are fine, the problem is jp rewards are such low Ilevel (or rep so slow to aquire) that there is nothing you will ever spend jp on, there needs to be a JP resource vendor just so there is something we can do with this useless currency.
    an odd side effect of this is that people are leaving dungeons at an increasing rate after thier loot fails to drop on bosses 1 and 2 of a dungeon, jp is worth nothing so they lose their only reason to stay.
    But you get valor points for finishing the dungeon which is useful... so those people that are leaving the 15 minute dungeon are just nimrods. And you can spend Justice points on justice to honor conversion and then use your honor on 364 ilvl pvp gear, so it is still useful to get justice points.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    But you get valor points for finishing the dungeon which is useful... so those people that are leaving the 15 minute dungeon are just nimrods. And you can spend Justice points on justice to honor conversion and then use your honor on 364 ilvl pvp gear, so it is still useful to get justice points.
    PvP gear is of no use to a pver like myself, the point stands. People valor cap in the blink of an eye so its very common for people to just leave after 1 failed drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You get klaxxi revered for the first few vp upgrades and then golden lotus & shadow pan revered. Some of the honored 450 pieces can help get you to the 440 cap to start heroics. I don't really see the problem....
    The problem is that by the time you're honored with other factions to buy the 450 gear, you're already progressed beyond the point where 450 gear is useful. IE: I'm just about to hit honored with Golden Lotus... but I'm already 465 item level. JP gear is now useless to me, and I haven't even unlocked 3 of the 4 factions!

If the gear was 463 I could understand this rep gating, but as it is there's absolutely no purpose to it. It makes JP gear useless.

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    PvP gear is of no use to a pver like myself, the point stands. People valor cap in the blink of an eye so its very common for people to just leave after 1 failed drop.
    Pvp stats don't count against the item budget of the gear. It's equivalent to heroic dungeon drops, and could be superior depending on the itemization. Depending on the class, some of the glove bonuses and 2 piece set bonuses have pve usefulness. Pvers should not dismiss pvp gear out of hand.

I do agree a vendor which sells resources for JP would be nice. I guess I assumed one was on the way (like the honor gear vendor).