If you did all the quests to get the hammer to bang the gong in ZF for the extra boss...and probably still have it in your bank cuz it was a pain in the ass to get.
You played vanilla if you yelled "Loot the dog!" more than one time in every Molten Core run.
Something unique to vanilla wow that never used after ? Farm mobs with detect invisibility at Duskwood to get shards for raiding as warlock, and "dream" of having an alt (I don't remember more than 5people who actually had 2 lvl60 characters, and their alts were greenies crap gear users who only exist for mining/herbing),
The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power
You know someone who played Vanilla if:
- He knows how to get a 2.0 attack speed dagger as a rogue. (soloing Barman Shanker, good old times - mage killer)
- He knows what bubble hearth means.
- If he one shoted people with WF + Arcanite Reaper. (good times when horde didn't have pallies)
- If he knows what vodoo piles did in Zul Gurub
- If he knows what is the special effect of IRON FOE (the epic mace from BRD) - Tip: you speak dwarvish, even if you were horde
- If he knows what Jindo used to scream everytime Mandokir killed a player.
- If he knows that in the cockpit of the schredders in Stonetallon has a Kerrigan's photo.
- If you asked for help to get a WW axe
- If you asked for help to do DM west for your epic dreadsteed
- If you know ho is the false warchief
- If you know how to start the quest for Quel Serrar. FKn best sword model of all times.
- If you crafted 2.800 heavy runecloth bandages to grind rep to get the undead horse (i did this, omg) during AQ opening
- If you had a char named Kazaakspy, Azuregospy, Ashenspy, Hinterspy, Feralaspy and Duskspy.
I can keep going....
If they constantly bitch about the game and wish it was the "good old days".
http://www.youtube.com/user/TastyGameHub<< Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mgoQ...0&feature=plcp<< INSANE DAYZ SHOT Armory Alt
Wall climbing!!! I miss going behind the bases in WSG, or climbing the mountain side and dropping the flag up there, even before the patch where the flag resets if not held for sometime... Those 17 hour BG's before a GM comes in and resets everything. In all honesty, the game sucks compared to what it used to be.
Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.
A lot of this Vanilla stuff was still around in BC. Most people seem to be forgetting that. But I guess that's why BC was the best expansion, eh?
1) Needing groups for group quests
2) Elite mobs in the world, especially in front of dungeons (related to #1)
3) Pally and Lock mounts being challenging
etc..... Yeah, they were there at the beginning of TBC, but not for much longer.
You played vanilla if you remember being disapointed that your teir GEAR did not drop. (F tokens in the A.)
two words: FATHER FLAME
i still have nightmares over trying to force people to do the optional boss so i could get my damn shoulders (or was it legs)
A fair few of these I did after Vanilla...
The one thing I still have nightmares about is being a Night Elf and ending up in Ironforge because I had just learned about boats and just picked up Aspect of the Cheetah... the horrors I faced... *shudder*
You haven't played Vanilla unless you've spent a week straight in the same AV xD
The battleground Marks of Honor.
AV lasting hours, even days. And actually summoning the boss.
Farming gold being a pain in the arse.
Wallclimbing IF auction house (or airport)