Poll: Should US remove ground troops from Middle East?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Should United States Withdrawal Every Troop from Middle East?

Warning the above video shows "Soldier's Helmet Cam Video Of Firefight With Insurgents In Kunar "

After reviewing this video. I cannot for the life of me remember why we are exactly in the Middle East at all. The longer we stay there the most upset they seem to get with us. When we had those attacks on 9/11 that was no doubt about it tragic. However since then for the war in the middle easts thousands of our (I mean United States) troops have died. Think about that for a minute. All those family's who lost their loved ones in the war. Each body shows one family destroyed by this.

Also look at the other side. We are killing hundreds of people overseas. Some are innocent women and childern who just happended to get caught in the cross fire. When Bush said they had WMD I believed him. Why in the world would a President go off false information? Yet I remember watching the tanks roll out on the news and taking over in a matter of days. What took place?

Chaos. Instead of thing's getting better. New groups rose up to try and take control. It's been over 10 years since that war and countless unlimited amounts of money to pay for it. What exactly did we get in return? Libya a a place we helped the people. Well our beloved American Chris Stevens American oversea's died in a place he was trying to build democracy

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to bring all of our troops home. We don't need to have a military this large either. So much money is wasted or used to find lobbyists' pockets. I'd say 300 billion would be a good size, and would still be much larger than anyone else's.
    Our governments meddling just causes more terrorism and blowback and the world hates us. We don't need to defend Europe. Let them have their own forces to pay for. Why are we nation building when the nation we need to build is our own? Let's not forget that it's arrogant to force your way on people.

It's also sad that Obama, Romney, and Bush are all the same and we have no real choice on foreign policy. It's not like people are smart enough to vote third party.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Regarding the video, where the hell were they actually shooting from? I sort of pinpointed it to the left side of the large building, but I couldn't even see them :/

The worry is, if the troops are brought home, all that they've sacrificed so far would be in vain. Needless lives lost only to just quit at the end of it. I don't agree that they should be brought home, in fact I'll hopefully go join them next year (Royal Marines, not US).

10+ Year Old Account
    The video has it's own topic here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ring-Firefight

This thread is a different topic, contain any discussion of the video itself there, and discuss this topic here.

Also, token warning not to nation bash.

Quote Originally Posted by homerunhomer View Post
    The worry is, if the troops are brought home, all that they've sacrificed so far would be in vain. Needless lives lost only to just quit at the end of it. I don't agree that they should be brought home, in fact I'll hopefully go join them next year (Royal Marines, not US).
    Throwing away more lives isn't going to somehow validate the lives that were already wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    In short and plain answer, Yes including sutheren-centeral Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we stay in Afghanistan? Because during the Reagan administration, we used Afghanistan as an experimental war theatre against the Soviets. When we pulled out, Afghanistan collapsed. America's reputation for allowing this to happen was tarnished and the Afghan people began to hate us. Now, we're there again. If we pull out and let the country crumble again, we will be seen as monsters and likely find it very hard to find similar allied circumstances with other poor nations down the road. And when America is kicked out of or not allowed into shitty countries, that's when the real monsters come into power.

10+ Year Old Account
    All combatant troops should be removed from the Middle East yesterday. The green on blue attacks are getting out of control.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by homerunhomer View Post
    Regarding the video, where the hell were they actually shooting from? I sort of pinpointed it to the left side of the large building, but I couldn't even see them :/

You are working on the premise that if we keep troops there, stability will follow.

The Middle East is such a shit show precisely because of our presence.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Why do we stay in Afghanistan? Because during the Reagan administration, we used Afghanistan as an experimental war theatre against the Soviets. When we pulled out, Afghanistan collapsed. America's reputation for allowing this to happen was tarnished and the Afghan people began to hate us. Now, we're there again. If we pull out and let the country crumble again, we will be seen as monsters and likely find it very hard to find similar allied circumstances with other poor nations down the road. And when America is kicked out of or not allowed into shitty countries, that's when the real monsters come into power.
    This, i agree with this.

I would leave Afghanistan. It is clear they don't really want help and would rather just continue the slaughter against each other. Leave them to it. Other nations in the middle east that prove to be wiling to move away from self slaughter and terrorism should continue to be helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Iraq and Afghanistan? Yes. From every middle east country? Why the hell would we do that? We have bases in plenty of friendly countries who want our troops there. We provide security for them, in return for power-projection bases. We're defending our interests. Leaving would give us no benefit whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    From every middle east country? Why the hell would we do that?
    To save money.

We have military bases, last I heard somewhere around 900 of them, all over the world, which in turn move troops freely in and out of those countries. How many military bases do other countries have in ours? Last I heard, it was zero. I could be mistaken of course, but either way the hypocrisy our country manifests is outright disgusting and intolerable. Pull our troops out? We should never have been there in the first place. Now I believe it is too late for that. Our troops have been established in many areas, some for many years. It could potentially disrupt things like the economies in some areas. In some of these countries, the civilian population see them as protection from militant governments. People that aren't allowed the resources or skill training to protect themselves. There are many things to consider when you talk about uprooting thousands of people from many of these countries. It would be like emptying small cities from the region.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    All combatant troops should be removed from the Middle East yesterday. The green on blue attacks are getting out of control.
    I agree with you.

From Iraq and Afghanistan? Yes. From every middle east country? Why the hell would we do that? We have bases in plenty of friendly countries who want our troops there. We provide security for them, in return for power-projection bases. We're defending our interests. Leaving would give us no benefit whatsoever.
    I hear defending our interests. But we're not exactly getting a big return on those investments. Does Russia, China send troops to protect people there. Then why do we do it? we are halfway around the world. I sincerely do not see why we need guard's stationed around the world. We keep hearing how we're climbing into debt at 16 trillion. They want pay for that by cutting food programs and money for the poor. I say just stop the war's.

well we give them oil in good price in exchange of protection from iran. good deal in my eye (UAE)

10+ Year Old Account
    When will people (mainly Right wingers) realize our presence in the middle east and other nations around the world intensifies antagonism against us? Even our allies hate our guts. Hell, even Democrats just let all this shit slide because their man is our President. Those same people wanted Bush impeached.

Furthermore, why can't you so called conservatives be actually fiscally conservative too ?
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean that you have bases in plenty of friendly dictatorial regimes who want your troops there like in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia right?

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    You mean that you have bases in plenty of friendly dictatorial regimes who want your troops there like in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia right?
    your point of view does not mean it is true.

according to our community/society. it is not dictatorial.

Yes, America should get the fuck out of there and stop giving foreign aid to a number of nations.