Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Has anyone got a good pet combo to defeat the Oondasta pet on Timeless Isle?
    I use Sentry, Clockwork (with turrets), and Cogblade Raptor, although I haven't always needed the raptor.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Any suggestion against Taran Zhu team at the Celestial tournament? I'm starting to hate his panda monk trio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Any suggestion against Taran Zhu team at the Celestial tournament? I'm starting to hate his panda monk trio.
    I just use 3 undead pets. Unborn Val'kyr, Crawling Claw and Stitched Pup.
    I start with an Unborn Val'kyr and Curse of Doom on the first round. Second round I get stunned, so I swap it with a Crawling Claw.
    Then I use Curse of Agony followed with Death Grip, this will take care of the first pet while it's on the sidelines.
    Then I followed with Curse of Doom, another Curse of Agony, and then my Crawling Claw dies.
    I bring out my Unborn Val'kyr again and use Haunt, then my third pet pops out, a Stitched Pup.
    I now use Howl, and since the opponent pet has 3 dots, he'll just die off. I'm now left with the last opponent, with an Unborn Val'kyr at about half health and a Stitched Pup. I can Consume Corpse if the Stitched Pup gets a bit too low and just finish the opponent off with Howl+Diseased Bite.
    I end up finishing the fight with the Stitched Pup and the Unborn Val'kyr alive.

Deleted
    2 pets needed. The undead raptor from archeology (or the creepy crate from Halloween - this one is not tradable) and Mr. Grubbs (you can buy both), second one is from WPL - if you want to farm him, look his page up on wowhead.

Also.. raptor/crate first, use BONESTORM first, some fillers until he dies and comes back, then use BONESTORM again. Switch in Grubbs and he solos all pets of Taran Zhu.

My strongest pet is only level 12 ish so far, but Ive had a lot of success with a surprising pet--the turkey from the thanksgiving event. He has a move called 'turkey coma' (food coma? havnt played pet battles since coming back) that puts opponents to sleep for a couple of turns. its really awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Out of the new isle pets, these are worth getting:

- Jademist Dancer is pretty amazingly good in PVP. I prefer the H/S variety since the others have too little HP and the extra power isn't really needed. Acid Rain -> Rain Dance -> Steam Vent = many dead enemy pets. Plus it's an elemental.
    - Ruby Droplet - Basically an elemental scourged whelpling but with bubble or dive instead of call darkness. Really strong. H/H or H/S varieties are the way to go.
    - Xu-Fu - Prowl / feed or Prowl / claws will 1-shot some enemies. Easily countered, but fun to play.
    - Chi-Chi - The best of the new celestial pets for PVP IMO. Feign Death + Alpha Strike / Fire Quills + Wild Magic or Tranquility makes this pet have a good variety of uses on a lot of teams.
    - Jadefire Spirit - Fade is feign death with no cooldown for some reason. Probably broken.
    - Droplet of Y'Sharrj - Acid Rain -> Swallow You Whole -> Dreadful Breath. Also has Curse of Doom. Another elemental.
    - Skunky Alemental - I believe there is an H/S breed of this which is quite good. Great pet for rooting enemies with a 5-round root or mudslide, plus 25% enemy hit reduction debuff and a fairly strong 2-round nuke or spammable 85% hit nuke.
    - Rotten Little Helper - Presumably available for Winter Veil. The current Winter's Little Helper pet Call Blizzard / Ice Lance cheese, but with minefield to punish enemy swaps, how can this possibly be anything but OP. A must-have.
    - Harmonious Porcupette - Celestial Blessing is pretty good to absorb big predictable nukes. This will provide a good niche on a healing team with Wish / Tranquility or other big persistent heals.
    - Kovok - Black Claw + poison Fang seems pretty good and a heal or backline dot in slot 2 makes this pet last longer or inflict more lingering damage after death.
    - Macabre Marionette - Pretty good ability set. Undead version of Swarm + Egg barrage and Siphon Life or DnD for lingering damage, coupled with undead racial will make this great for some comps.
    - Skywisp Moth - Interesting ability set. Reckless Strike + Cocoon strike will be nice when below 50% HP.

Some are not so great though.

- Gulp Froglet - Just a mediocre ability combination with mediocre breeds. Fastest available is 276. Toxic Skin might be interesting if it procs off passive damage (dots). Way better aquatics available.
    - Ominous Flame - Forboding Curse sharing the slot with Conflagrate makes this mediocre at best. Its only source of the burning effect is weather so enemy elementals negate that. Without immolation Forboding Curse isn't particularly great either since it requires too much setup. Way better burning -> conflagrate pets available.
    - Dandelion Frolicker - Bad damage output. This pet just doesn't really do anything. You'd be better off with a flayer.
    - Ashleaf Spriteling - Mediocre at best. Poisoned branch / Wild Magic with Thorns is okayish but easily countered, and without a weather or good defensive utility ability this is too squishy.
    - Rascal-Bot - This pet's ability set doesn't really mesh well. Repair is crappy, Armageddon is mediocre unless you have a lot of speed. If a S/S variety of this pet is available, it'll be decent, but otherwise relegated to looking pretty.
    - Moon Moon - This just seems to be another fox with bite/crouch+howl/dazzling dance and starfall in the other third slot.
    - Gooey Sha-ling would go okayish on a dot team, but its survivability isn't really there.
    - Pierre - I really want to like this but Food Coma doesn't work with the bleed. The team buff/debuff removal is interesting though. You're pretty much stuck with Chop or Frying Pan/Stench/High Fiber as the only good ability combo.
    - Vengeful Porcupette - Just doesn't have a very good ability set. Vengeance isn't very strong, Survival is pretty crappy unless you have very high speed. An amusing combo would be running Apocalypse on another pet + Survival + Vengeance - Apocalypse does some inordinate amount of damage around 2000, so you'd Survival it then 1-shot the next pet to enter the battle with Vengeance, but I don't think you'd last long enough.
    Nice list, but you forgot some 5.4 pets - like the crab, which doesnt look too bad.

I personally run with the Ghostly Skull (bought from Dalaran vendor and made rare with stone). It has a high health pool and heal attacks. Stitched Pup is awesome here, I use it with Howl after my Lesser Voidcaller has applied Doom.

I suggest checking out this thread here:

Celestial Tournament 101-US (some EU commentary too)

There are lots of different ways to counter the teams, lots of tips found here. Very useful thread.

The first pets I leveled up were 2 beast ones with a healing ability (bloodfang / devour) because they could easily power level other pets to 25 since a ton of the wild pets out there are critters.

I'm sure there's a faster way to level pet other than power leveling them via killing critters at valley of the 4 winds but I like having a better chance at getting flawless stones (especially since you can now trade 3 of one type in for a marked flawless one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanthet View Post
    I personally run with the Ghostly Skull (bought from Dalaran vendor and made rare with stone). It has a high health pool and heal attacks. Stitched Pup is awesome here, I use it with Howl after my Lesser Voidcaller has applied Doom.

I suggest checking out this thread here:

Celestial Tournament 101-US (some EU commentary too)

There are lots of different ways to counter the teams, lots of tips found here. Very useful thread.

how good is the lesser voidcaller I need another magic pet to level. What are some good pets with magic abilities
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a very easy time plowing threw with my Magical Crawdad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    how good is the lesser voidcaller I need another magic pet to level. What are some good pets with magic abilities
    Viscidius Globule and Arcane Eye are pretty tight imo.
    "Happiness is finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    I had a very easy time plowing threw with my Magical Crawdad!

- - - Updated - - -

Viscidius Globule and Arcane Eye are pretty tight imo.
    gonna have to work on those, when i did the tournament i saw one guy had a flyer so i was like alright let me get a magic pet....all 1 of them. lol and yeah magic crawdad is hella tanky if you have some dots waiting to pop and you bring the crawdad it can wish rm through alot, if you make it rain it only makes it worse because you can go from 10% health to topped off in a rm wish hit.
    14/14h and finally done

Fossilized hatchling, Mr grubbs, jungle grub.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna have to work on those, when i did the tournament i saw one guy had a flyer so i was like alright let me get a magic pet....all 1 of them. lol and yeah magic crawdad is hella tanky if you have some dots waiting to pop and you bring the crawdad it can wish rm through alot, if you make it rain it only makes it worse because you can go from 10% health to topped off in a rm wish hit.
    Yeah I am just NOW starting to level up my Globule. The little dude is a beast.
    "Happiness is finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry." ~Frank Sinatra

The other UD pet suggestions are probably better than mine but I did it with a Sporeling, Fledgling Nether Ray, and Gilnean Raven.

Taran Zhu - take three moths. Spec them alpha strike, cocoon strike and moth dust. You probably won't even need your third

You should try lvl up Lil' Ragnaros! He is so op Quite slow, but his attacks are so powerful

Deleted
    Nether Faerie Dragon is a magical beast, with two powerful magic abilities (Moonfire + Arcane Blast) and a choice out of a strong utility/survival spell (Evanescence/Life Exchange). The dragonkin bonus is just icing on the cake.

Other pets with magical abilities that have done well for me are the Nexus Whelpling (Arcane Storm > Mana Surge) and Nordrassil Whisp (Flash > Light).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily89 View Post
    You should try lvl up Lil' Ragnaros! He is so op Quite slow, but his attacks are so powerful
    slow as fuck but hits like a train
    14/14h and finally done

Good pets to level (that are nice and accessible)

*** Anubisath Idol (could be costy in AH but can be farmed) his attacks can kill everything , sandstorm protects him and a low lvl pet you want to level and he can shield himslef from big hits
    *** Terrible Turnip is a Great pet with unique ability his main hit attack leaves pets at 1 health wich can be great if it's lvl 25 and you are trying to tame a lvl 3 you cant kill it = no errors. In addition you can set his 2 other abilities to heal him or the entire team and increase your team health. This way you can increase the health of low lvl pets you want to level , heal the added health and then pull it out to play 1 round and then return it back behind the turnip
    *** Onyxian Whelpling (or the tamable Spawn of Onyxia) is a great pet if you have missed the wow's 5th aniversary then you can tame the "spawn" they have the same skill sets but you might want a slow breed of Spawn of Onyxia as to benefit from Tail sweep while leave your health/power high
    *** Corefire Imp is another interesting and cheap pet that's great vs critters with racial and ability heals it can win you a few fights untill your "heal pets" button is ready to push

Level those, after that you can play with 1 of them and 2 leveling pets 1 low lvl 1 higher level so that even if your low lvl pet dies the other one can take the XP from the fight. Doing the fight without putting the Xp to a good use is a bit of a waste with exceptions.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2013-11-25 at 02:54 PM.

I really like the Emerald Proto-drake. I use him for a lot of battles. Additional choices would include Anubisath Idol, Emperor Crab, and a Zandalari Raptor.