10+ Year Old Account
    A victory for sensibility!

I've been doing drastically different setups since 5.4 and truly any difference among them is absolutely dwarfed by skill, ilvl, and circumstance.

I enjoy the quest for knowledge more than the knowledge itself. That is very different than the common mindset where "one way must prevail" around here.

That is the reason there is such controversy because you cannot draw a simple conclusion from any data in simulation or raw calculation. All you can do is arm yourself with a comprehension of what impact A has on B and make good decisions on the fly.

You would quite certainly require heroic warforged of every trinket, weapon, tier, and offpiece with a bag full of gems to be set up for every fight. That is unreasonable, so do what you can and focus on good play above this nitpicky stuff.

Nice. I am right between you and your other mage. That feels validating. I'm currently going full haste and using LB, for the most part. And, really loving it. I am having zero problems staying with the other DPS in my team and beating them handily most of the time.

does frozen orb snapshot or does it fluctuate with your spell power?

Deleted
    Learning never stops. I always thought it snapshots, that´s why I synced it with synapse springs.

Given that both last 10 seconds and have 1 minute cooldown, wouldn't that work anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that both last 10 seconds and have 1 minute cooldown, wouldn't that work anyway?
    Well you could pop Frozen Orb then your Synapse Springs as the GCD is finishing so you can cast for all 10 seconds, min/maxing yo
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    My current opening rotation is a little bit different, because of purified bindings of immerseus (low chance to proc)

1.5s prepull Frostbolt, glyphed IV, Frostbolt, Meta gem procs, Bomb, Frozen Orb, starting normal rotation with AT as soon as bindings proc. I use synapse springs together with AT to extend it´s duration by 6s and usually wait with second frozen orb a few seconds, because I thought it snapshot stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have my heroic tier chest, but I also have a h wf'd chest hit haste and the h wf'd legs off of juggernaut I have a heroic helm too...Do I want to keep using 4 set or switch it out? So far the 4 set seems to be doing pretty well for me. I'm talking like ~2% or more of my overall dmg.

I died on our H iron jugg kill, but on our h dark shamans kill I got ranked #4. Did pretty well.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-10-17 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So I have my heroic tier chest, but I also have a h wf'd chest hit haste and the h wf'd legs off of juggernaut I have a heroic helm too...Do I want to keep using 4 set or switch it out? So far the 4 set seems to be doing pretty well for me. I'm talking like ~2% or more of my overall dmg.

I died on our H iron jugg kill, but on our h dark shamans kill I got ranked #4. Did pretty well.
    Sounds like your gear is very similar to mine.

Break the 4pc, it's rubbish and inconsistent, especially on multi target fights where more of your time is spent on bombs. Heroic WF'd is just so nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post

Break the 4pc, it's rubbish and inconsistent, especially on multi target fights where more of your time is spent on bombs. Heroic WF'd is just so nice.
    Kk. Gotta wait til I can upgrade them. Like I said having the H tier chest helps but not having h tier legs is the downfall of it.

You guys did galakras and juggernaut before pride? So many guilds did that, we're doing them in order though..WE ALMOSTTTT 2 shot h nazgrim last night. Should hopefully kill it sunday. We killed h galakras juggernaut and shamans this week. I think so far the most difficult fight has definitely been sha of pride.

We wiped the most on that anyway.

I have been doing surprisingly well as frost and whenever i've switched to arcane I've done bad. So I figured just stay frost. lol
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-10-17 at 10:27 PM.

Well had no choice but to go with 4pc as we 10man, so i can't rely on specific drops.

Why dont they buff the 4pc or at least let the boulder scale with mastery, or up the chance at least 50%.

30% is to low it varies sometimes it accounts for 2% of dmg done or it can be as low as under 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nooooo keep it as it is, I like all my heroic WF gear. It is nice being almost full bis from the first half of heroics.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello mages of the world

I've read a lot on these forums but have not found an answer to my question...Is it normal to do slightly more ST dmg and MT dmg as frost than as arcane? is it because of my low Ilvl? (548,no T16 4pc)
    I have been doing some dummy 5 min tests and every time frost would out dmg arcane by a few millons ( Like 89m vs 87m)

I believe i understand how both specs work, so i don't think rotation mistakes are a problem, or maybe im doing something wrong...i have no logs...but it would seem that at 548 ilvl frost is still better than arcane , does arcane change a lot at higher ilvls? like 560+ ?

This is my first post so i think i can not link stuff, if anyone wants to check out my toon its Firkrag on Drakkari-US ( i know, im missing 2 gems on my gloves :P, stupid realm they cost 500g on the AH )

If im missing some relevant info please tell me, TYVM

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane wins from 4pc t15 to 4pc t16, if you have neither bonus then you may see higher frost numbers.

That said, arcane benefits from raid buffs more than frost so you will see arcane numbers ramp up better than frost in a raid relatively speaking. The counter to that is frost mobility. Both specs are powerful in the right hands.

Is this some shock to you? I don't understand really why this merits a post.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i understand that arcane scales better with stats and with T16 4pc bonus, but with everyone saying stuff like " to beat that new lock go arcane" i thought arcane was better even at my ilvl ...and when got those results on the dummy i thought i was probably doing something wrong ( raid buffed arcane may do a little more dmg than frost, i thought it would be a bigger diference) .

So yeah, the real meaning of the post was for a magical answer like " Arcane is better than frost at XXX Ilvl "

I shall wait until i get 4pc and better gear, don't get me wrong, i like frost a lot, but if i want a spot for heroic bosses i must improve my dps. Anyway, Ty

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to be arcane for progression. The difference is quite small. You might never notice it, or notice that you never perform better as arcane.

Deleted
    You don't need to be arcane for progression. The difference is quite small. You might never notice it, or notice that you never perform better as arcane.
    Yeh. If Frost pulls better numbers for you then play Frost and ignore any theorycrafting you stumble upon unless you believe in it and try it out. No one player is the same, you can have the same ilvl with an entirely different set of gear as well. There is no "magic number", "magic rotation" or anything like it.

Ive recently decided not to rely on Mr Robot as much and try to work through gemming and reforges myself. I just made myself the 553 cloth belt and have gone trough and changed all my expertise gems Mr Robot seems to be so fond of to +80Int and +160 Haste. I am a tiny bit under hit now at 14.46 but it still says I have 0.00% chance to miss.

My question is am I gemming correctly or should i be gemming some more into haste? Also is the little bit I'm under in hit still ok or should i reforge something like one of my rings into hit and be a little over instead?

here is my char on the armor
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Icecrown/aradea/advanced

Also any other pointers i may be missing would be great!