Page 47 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwvolsfanjr View Post
    im the same way i just dont rly like fire but are there any fights that req you to go fire for heroic modes or have you been pulling your weight on every fight

because i can switch to fire if im forced to but would rather not
    While it is not required, fire is unfortunately vastly superior on durumu heroic. I futzed around with all three specs and fire just does more damage effortlessly both to walls and during maze phases. If ice wall damage is a concern for your raid you will really need to spec fire.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    While it is not required, fire is unfortunately vastly superior on durumu heroic. I futzed around with all three specs and fire just does more damage effortlessly both to walls and during maze phases. If ice wall damage is a concern for your raid you will really need to spec fire.
    Even then, I was doing more damage on Ice Walls almost every pull as frost compared to one of the other mages that went fire. Sure, I had higher ilvl and he wasn't really accustomed to playing fire this tier (he was playing frost pretty much up to Durumu iirc), but still. If I were to switch to fire, I bet I'd do just as much or slightly more/less than I do as frost. So seeing as I enjoy frost more and it isn't a significant detriment to our raid, I'll stay frost.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. NT ~6 walls, orb the center, and spam ice lance to hell and back tends to get some awesome results on walls.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-04-29 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    spamming 14k ice lances during maze is not awesome though ..

Well, if you play smartly you can easily stand still for the ~1.4s or whatever your frostbolt cast is while moving with your raid, so you'll have fof procs plus BF procs. The issue is more that you can maintain closer to a full DPS rotation as fire while navigating the maze than as the other two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    spamming 14k ice lances during maze is not awesome though ..
    Definitely more than enough time to stop and cast. Hell, I even evocate during the maze. Something I suggest is saving Frozen Orb for about 5 seconds after you start moving so you can get some instants that won't destroy your dps.

Hi people, i'm a regular reader of this forum but never posted anything. But thought it's about time i get involved. Like most people in this thread i'm not a fan of fire and love to play frost, and like to optimize my dps the best i can.

Got one question regarding HC tortos - how do you guys do it from a Frost mage perspective, i notice Hasufer bossed the ranks and wondered if anyone could give any pointers? (looks at Hasufer ) I know how the mechanics work etc, just want to maximise my dps more than what it stands at the moment. Managed to wipe at 5% last night

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Duty dependent. If you have to focus whirling turtles, you will never ever get any good ranks. If you can do what ever you want, rape the bats with Frozen Orb and Frost Bomb with shatter (freeze and nova). Focus targets with shell concussion debuff and safe cooldowns for it.

But if you want to kill the boss (nothing else counts for me) you have to sacrifice a lot of overall dps/dmg and save all your cds for turtles. The first one is always the most important. If you have warlocks and hunters in your raid, never ever switch on bats. I suggest you to switch between turtles and tortos only. If the fella is on farm (progress finished), you can cheat dps and go for ranks then : )

Ah cheers for the response.

Yeah we have a warlock and hunter on the bats, i was on the whirling turtles and the boss itself last night, doing about 130-160k dps, Sound about right?

Deleted
    Sounds absolutley right to me. You can check my log if you want.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q5emko8o630k6lqk/

I mark the turtles and the raid uses a target assist macro to focus my target (So I can´t squeeze a few extra dps with NT on all the turtles).
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-04-29 at 12:59 PM.

Nice one cheers,

I'll have a glance later on, currently at work and will get moaned at if caught on the computer

Deleted
    At which point does haste surpass intellect? The guide isnt very clear about that and i dont know what kind of gems should i be stacking, those with intellect or with secondary stats and haste.

Deleted
    A few questions that I can't seem to find the answers too:

1. Does the debuff that is applied through your frostbolt also increase the damage of Frozen Orb?

Also causes the target to take an additional 5% damage from your Frostbolt and Ice Lance, and your Water Elemental's Waterbolt and Water Jet, stacking up to 3 times.
    And frozen orb shoots out frostbolts. Guessing not but I can't find a definitive answer.

2. Does an icelance proc do more damage then a BF proc if there's two targets and you have the icelance glyph that does 50% damage to the secondary target? In that case should I be prioritizing icelance over BF if I have two icelance procs and a BF proc?

3. Is it ever worth multi-dotting NT? If there's two targets, should I be putting NT on both of them or sticking to one target? Three targets? Four targets? It seems to me that multi-dotting does more damage, yet many people seem to say that it's terrible to do so. I'm guessing if NT can hit a secondary target and last for its full duration then it's worth it?

4. People say Frost Bomb is better at 5+ targets, what about when the mobs are freeze-able and you can get a shatter combo off? Does the value of Frost Bomb increase as to be more valuable with less targets?

5. In a two target situation, is it better to not cap on icelance procs (with the glyph) or to refresh NT before its duration ends?

Any insight is appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    At which point does haste surpass intellect? The guide isnt very clear about that and i dont know what kind of gems should i be stacking, those with intellect or with secondary stats and haste.
    I assume you mean at what point 2x haste surpasses 1 int. The general rule is once you get 2 rppm trinkets/1 rppm trinket and the legendary meta. Simming yourself is the best way to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiju View Post
    1. Does the debuff that is applied through your frostbolt also increase the damage of Frozen Orb?
    Don't think so.

2. Does an icelance proc do more damage then a BF proc if there's two targets and you have the icelance glyph that does 50% damage to the secondary target? In that case should I be prioritizing icelance over BF if I have two icelance procs and a BF proc?
    A FoF IL with the glyph will do more damage then a BF FFB if there's a second target to cleave. You should prioritise your 2nd FoF proc over BF anyway because BF can proc another FoF.

3. Is it ever worth multi-dotting NT? If there's two targets, should I be putting NT on both of them or sticking to one target? Three targets? Four targets? It seems to me that multi-dotting does more damage, yet many people seem to say that it's terrible to do so. I'm guessing if NT can hit a secondary target and last for its full duration then it's worth it?
    Absolutely. Ever since the 40% bomb buff multi-dotting with NT is definitely the way to go. I just dot everything I can on horridon and all 4 bosses on council.

4. People say Frost Bomb is better at 5+ targets, what about when the mobs are freeze-able and you can get a shatter combo off? Does the value of Frost Bomb increase as to be more valuable with less targets?
    There isn't any fights on normal where frost bomb would be any use at all. Don't know about heroic.

For trash and general use (dailies, dungeons etc.) frost bomb is good.

5. In a two target situation, is it better to not cap on icelance procs (with the glyph) or to refresh NT before its duration ends?
    Unless you have frozen orb out you aren't going to get another FoF proc so I would just refresh NT.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I'm not using frost bomb on Tortos, not on any fights thus far this tier

But a good combo of adds and bats. Did almost 20mill dmg on turtles, but ahead with millions on bats. Time coc/fs with freeze + other freeze with orb/arc exp or the like. Use nt cleverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    I'm not using frost bomb on Tortos, not on any fights thus far this tier

But a good combo of adds and bats. Did almost 20mill dmg on turtles, but ahead with millions on bats. Time coc/fs with freeze + other freeze with orb/arc exp or the like. Use nt cleverly.
    Tortos bomb choices really vary a ton with differing guild strengths and weaknesses. We have a lot of locks and a couple hunters, so dps on bats isn't a huge deal. We struggle on turtles every week, so I take NT and just dot all of them up and maybe Tortos himself when I have time. I end up being either first or second on turtles but pretty low overall and on Tortos/bats, which I'm fine with but yea, differs a lot with different guilds.
    If you need dps on bats: FB, use it on bats'
    If you need dps on turtles/Tortos: NT, dot all the turtles and Tortos.

Frost Bomb is good on Tortos especially when combined with your ranged Freeze but that's about it
    And it's more good for showing off than doing anything important

at what crit % are we seeing mastery become better? I thought I had read 23%, but not sure if it's raid buffed or unbuffed. Thanks!