Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I use the boosts on occasion, especially the magic find one. I don't buy keys anymore. I bought a few, then realized it was pointless because there are way too many chests. Although, did they add keys as a random drop now? I looted a corpse in Orr yesterday, and it had a key on it.

Deleted
    I mostly hoard the rewards too. But then again I don't get many keys or chests. Leveling to 80 maybe got me around 14 chests with around 5 keys.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I use the boosts on occasion, especially the magic find one.
    I'm still not quite sure how magic find works or what exactly it does, but I'm assuming it's something else I should save until 80. :P

So, just to make sure. The only thing that anyone has ever gotten out of these chests is Dyes, Transforming Tonics (useless), Salvage Kits, Boosts and additional Keys?

No equipment, pets or anything tangible (as opposed to one use consumables)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    but if you get a key it would seem like a waste not to open a chest and get the boost
    It's a waste to get useless junk hogging my inventory space I need for crafting materials, gear, and things like Black Lion salvage kits. If in the future I find myself with an excess of inventory space because of crafting 'super bags', then I will gladly dish out some boosts to my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    So, just to make sure. The only thing that anyone has ever gotten out of these chests is Dyes, Transforming Tonics (useless), Salvage Kits, Boosts and additional Keys?

No equipment, pets or anything tangible (as opposed to one use consumables)
    I think you can get mini-pets out of them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm still not quite sure how magic find works or what exactly it does, but I'm assuming it's something else I should save until 80. :P
    Basically when you go the game the game does this:
    1: *checks mob type(normal, champion, ect..)*
    2: *checks loot table*
    3: *checks percent-based probability for said loot to drop*
    4: *checks if you have any loot-finding modifiers*
    5: *generates loot*

Basically your "magic find" boosters increase the probability for YOU to receive loot by increasing the percentile number in the loot generator. It's very profitable in AION last time I played. Finding more "magic items" applies to anything you could possibly loot that has a loot table, corpses, nodes, chests, ect...

If you've played D&D, it's basically along the lines of a modifer to a D% roll. Roll a D100 and add your modifier.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think magic find just increases your chance of getting improved loot (i.e. rare) rather than increasing the chance of finding loot period.

Mine sit in my bank...unused and unloved : (

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think magic find just increases your chance of getting improved loot (i.e. rare) rather than increasing the chance of finding loot period.
    Yes, you're right.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_find