Deleted

[Brm] Garrosh HC Annihilate

Hey guys.

Has anyone got the Damage Taken spreadsheet to hand for Garrosh, I want to workout how much Annihilate is going to hit me for with each CD up so I can know what one/s I can soak.

Or if anyone is doing this on 10m then what CD's are you using?

Thanks

</Suplift>

I start at 16s left in the transition, Dampen Harm/Fort Brew 3 and then Zen Med/Guard a 4th. The reason I put Guard in with this is because if you hold Zen Med until the last possible second you will take a hefty amount of damage (enough to proc your cloak without a guard) but with guard you will be fine and end up with around 1 mil vengeance to enter the next phase with (make sure the other tank takes him first). I haven't been able to replicate the same vengeance gains with facetanking the Annihilate or with just using Zen Med to take the full brunt of it, so I'm not really sure what makes it give such high vengeance but it works pretty well.

I don't have a spreadsheet but I literally just killed this Monday and this would have been a better idea to figure out beforehand...

It's 3.5 million on all difficulties and sizes, so that's nice. However, there is also the splash damage to consider because you get hit with that too, which VARIES so I'll use the top end damage so you know what could kill you. The top end is 717,500. This brings total damage to 4,217,500 damage.

The buff in each heart room reduces damage by 50%. Sturdy Ox is another 25%, so we're looking at 1,581,563 damage base at all times.

I will not include the meta gem because it has a very nasty habit of not proccing off this sometimes (I don't BrM enough to know exactly what it's supposed to proc off, but more than once it wasn't up for this).

Next, we'll add in a non-glyphed Fort Brew (more EH than glyphed and you should be healed to full after each anyways) because soaking for more than 20 seconds pushes the first back off the Vengeance table and is therefore pointless. This lowers damage to 1,265,250. This is in line with the damage I was taking through Guard.

From there, any 20% damage cooldown should suffice to not one-shot you because that lowers damage to 1,012,200 and you should be over that with Fort Brew at this stage of the game. I do not recommend this though because it requires being at absolutely 100% and.. well.. shit happens.

10% (Banner only): 1,138,725
    20% (Barrier, Devo, other BrM Avert Harm, Ironbark): 1,012,200
    30% (Vigilance, Hand of Sac): 885,675
    40% (Pain Suppression): 759,150
    50% (Dampen?):
    10% + 20% (combo): 910,980
    20% + 20%: 809,760
    20% + 30%: 708,540
    20% + 40%: 607,320
    10% + 20% + 20%: 728,784
    10% + 20% + 30%: 637,686
    10% + 20% + 40%: 546,588

Also keep in mind that Rallying Cry should bring your HP over 1.3 million with Fort Brew, so Rallying + Banner alone is enough to not die.

I personally would Diffuse Magic 2, then Zen Meditation 1 (do NOT try 2 without extensive CDs as the damage cap is very very stupid and it breaks at odd times), Guard 1 or 2 depending on how much is left on Guard (if more than 300k left go for it) and by then Fort Brew would be running out. Also have Xuen running this entire time and not waiting until it's over (this might mean not using it in p1 but that's not really important). I never actually had the luxury of external cooldowns because I was but one of 3 tanks, but if you have as little as a Vigilance that's an extra 2 you can take provided you get healed to full, which would let you diffuse 2, Fort/Vig 2, Zen Med 1, Guard 1 before the first ones fall off the table. Hope this helps.

Other notes: I used Diffuse because it was much more helpful when kiting (adds do magic damage as do weapons and Despairs exploding), also make sure you are going full scumbag DPS mode with no mastery if you're just kiting because you don't really need any mastery if you're never actually tanking the boss except to grab vengeance throughout the fight.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2014-01-30 at 01:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Fort Brew at the first one, Diffuse Magic'ing 2, Zen Med 3 (if you cast right as the first hits, it lasts through 3) then Glyphed Guard 2. That normally takes us through the first intermission then I use Zen Med for 3 and Guard for 2 in the 2nd intermission.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Since I'm using Fort Brew during the first phase, I don't have it available for annihilate soaking. I usually CD like this:

1, 2, 3 not soaking
    4, 5 Zen med
    6, 7 Diffuse Magic
    8, 9 Guard (about 1.5mil at this point) + Avert Harm

I've never had Zen Med breaking prematurely, even when soaking 3 annihilates with it. I'm playing on the safe side and only soaking two, since my connection has proven to be a bit treacherous at times. Using Zen Med first, since Vengeance is at its lowest at this point.

Without anything else up, the 1.5 million guard will be eaten by one annihilate. With Avert Harm, part of that damage is staggered, leaving me with enough an absorb to soak another one. Sometimes my guard wouldn't even drop a few k, but this may be because of other cooldowns/pw: shield going on at the time - didn't analyse this thoroughly enough yet to make solid statements. This is from a 10m perspective. I'm not sure how wise it would be to soak annihilates while rolling Avert Harm on 24 others.

Depending on how fast you clear the place, you may have an annihilate more or fewer. Keep in mind that not soaking the last annihilate will drain your vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citti View Post
    Since I'm using Fort Brew during the first phase, I don't have it available for annihilate soaking. I usually CD like this:

1, 2, 3 not soaking
    4, 5 Zen med
    6, 7 Diffuse Magic
    8, 9 Guard (about 1.5mil at this point) + Avert Harm
    You can't have both Diffuse Magic and Avert Harm.

So how many of those Annihilate you guys take?

i usually took 5 (2 diffuse, 3 zen med), but seemingly if i add other cds i could take even more. And is it rly a good idea to save xuen for that time, because we are losing dps while transitioning back again or?

maybe anyone who killed him, can u post how much boss dmg u did till 2nd intermission?

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Avert Harm is the raid CD, Dampen Harm is the talent that shares the tier with Diffuse Magic and Healing Elixers.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Actually, you can. I think you're thinking of Dampen Harm, which is a different spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
    Avert Harm is the raid CD, Dampen Harm is the talent that shares the tier with Diffuse Magic and Healing Elixers.
    Toushwa. And this boys and girls is why you pay attention to your posts or don't post while at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
    Avert Harm is a strange beast. I'm taking 20% of all damage the raid is taking on top of the annihilate, including my cotank who's soaking as well, stagger a bit, and I take about half as much total damage than I would have without it. And providing a 20% raid CD for two annihilates in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenchi View Post
    So how many of those Annihilate you guys take?

i usually took 5 (2 diffuse, 3 zen med), but seemingly if i add other cds i could take even more. And is it rly a good idea to save xuen for that time, because we are losing dps while transitioning back again or?

maybe anyone who killed him, can u post how much boss dmg u did till 2nd intermission?
    Technically DPS in P1 doesn't actually matter as long as you're pushing Garrosh after an Iron Star rolls by but before the next wave of Warbringers. Whether this happens after the 3rd Iron Star or the 2nd is really quite irrelevant in the long run.

That's a shot of my kill log zoomed to start through the 2nd intermission, damage done to Garrosh only. You can see the ridiculous important of Vengeance as all of those spikes are times when I actually had Garrosh (200-250k in 25m). In this pull I only got up to like 500k because I was being safe due to some awful Zen Meditation fails earlier that night (like I said, evil damage cap is evil).

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

Sorry I was afk all day so couldn't really join in with the discussion. Thanks a lot to all of you, really helps.

</suplift>

i deleted message here
    Last edited by Nimrays; 2014-03-17 at 08:09 AM.