View Poll Results: Playable Jinyu and Saruok?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

24 42.86%
  • Unsure or if they can "Make the lore work"

14 25.00%
  • No

18 32.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I kinda wish we got playable Jinyu (for alliance) and Hozen (for horde), instead of a neutral Pandaren race.
    Perhaps now, but if that's what actually happened everyone (yourself included) would of been going WTF??!! when they announced two total unknowns as playable races. The Pandaren might of not had all that much lore before MoP, but at least they've been in the Warcraft universe for awhile.

Anyways for a future expansion, I'd say both are possible, although Jinyu would be considerably more workable. The Jinyu already have a culture with established ties to the Alliance, and while we'd probably have to add in a new tribe to truly make them playable, most of the groundwork is done.

The Saurok on the other hand have the problem of being uncivilized barbarians of only nominal intelligence. We'd need to create a tribe that is very different from the ones we've encountered so far on Pandaria. They can still be pretty warlike, but it needs to be possible for whatever faction they join to reason with them. It's not impossible (we got playable Worgen after all), but it does mean we won't get your typical Saurok.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I'd rather see Horde finally get Ogres. But Saurok is a race I can easily see fitting the Horde.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

I think Jinyu are a happy medium between people who want Naga (who have too many technical limitations with their tails) or Murlocs (who are too stupid). However, I don't think Saurok should be playable. They are too savage and I don't see them joining a faction. Hozen, perhaps.

The horde counterpart to Jinyu is Hozen. Perhaps the OP mislabeled this poll.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    I don't think we'll see these races much again after Mists ends, but I think they're both cool.

Hozen seems more likely for Horde than Saurok, though.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma