Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've noticed that some loot isn't being counted. My warrior has a 463 or better in every slot, either in my bag or equipped and my average Ilevel is 463. Raid finder says 462. Has anyone else noticed this kind of anomoly?

Also, it doesn't take 'a few hours' to grind out to 463 unless you have an obscene amount of luck. 2-3 days..maybe. PvP in my mind should not count for PvE raiding so i'm glad at least they're lowering those honor items to 458. They could easily filter those given they've got PvP on the actual items now.

Seconding what many others have said already.
    I have done upwards of 30 heroics and have yet to receive my first item.
    Sure I've bought some justice point gear and crafted some blues, but there's a loooong way up to 463 at the rate this is going.
    I have also done a bunch of scenarioes, and only once gotten a piece of gear.

The people saying "a couple of hours and you'll be there" really have no idea what they are talking about, they just want stuff they might not have problems with to be harder for others for no apparent reason it seems.
    Even if you did win one upgrade per heroic, you'd still be looking at almost 10 hours of queue-time and actual heroics, and there is no way anyone can justify saying such a scenario is likely to happen. Not only does stuff simply not drop, it might be the wrong slot, wrong spec, there might be others rolling for it too, etc.

There are two boe crafted epics per armor type, but those two will not offset half a kit of 458 items. They also require a significant gold investment, on my EU server they sit for 100.000g on the AH, and I can assure you thats not something everyone just have lying around.

Same goes to the "just farm direbrew trinkets".
    Yes, two such trinkets boosts your itemlevel a little bit, but it firstly still does not compensate for a ton of 458 items, and secondly, that also takes time.
    15min queue at least, then the right trinkets have to drop so you can actually needroll, and then you need to beat the rest of the group who are needing for the exact same reasons.
    And what more, the time you spend "cheating the system" by farming direbrew trinkets is time lost that could've been spent on farming heroics.
    You cannot do both at the same time.
    So even if you "Only" needed an hour to get 2 db trinkets, that still falls on top of the hours and hours of heroic farming you STILL have to do.

Honour gear is now only 458, so that wont bring you there either. You need those heroic drops/scenario rewards no matter what.

Now, that being said, I do think 463 or whatever it is, is fine. I don't mind it being a significant time investment to enter LFR.
    And it isn't coming out for another week, plenty of time to spend the needed time and gear up. In that time it'll be possible to buy a piece of valor gear as well, further helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    It took me a little more than 20 heroic runs to get 463 item level. That might take casuals a week or two, but hopefully at that time they'll have valor gear and 463 will be much easier to get.
    Lucky you Ran 50+ heroics and I'm still missing a cloak and wrists.

@Topic: You can get better items by crafting and brewfest trinkets. Think 463 is not too hard. At least it should be some kind of challenging to get there. They will lower the cap anyway in some weeks (I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Almost never you mean. I've done about 15 scenarios so far. One had a quest that gave me a 450 ilvl weapon. In one I got a reward bag that had a 463 neck that wasn't for my spec. That's it. Quite often is a dramatic overstatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    My one ring in 16 runs doesn't qualify as quite often in my books. It wasn't even for my mainspec either.
    I've run around 20 scenarios and have gotten an item 11 of those times. I guess we now know what random means don't we.

10+ Year Old Account
    463 is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    37 runs so far and 3 pieces away from full heroic. I think it's a good number to start LFR, considering the amount of retards I see in random dungeons...and no, I don't look down on low geared people. I look down and spit on people who refuse to listen to tactics even though I explain them in a very friendly matter.

It seems it's elitist to say this: "If anybody has any questions about the fight, feel free to ask "

Loot drops are random, stop talking about how you ran 100 heroics and only got 1 loot to drop that was for your off-spec. The fact that the ilvl for LFR is 463 is a good thing. You should have to put in some work to get into LFR, not just hit 90 and jump into it. LFR doesn't open until next week anyway, which gives you plenty of time to farm heroics and get those gear upgrades.

If you're really having trouble with drops, perhaps getting a guild group of one of each armor class and a 5th so you're guaranteed to get your armor item if it drops.

463 ilvl takes 1 day once you hit 90

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I've run around 20 scenarios and have gotten an item 11 of those times. I guess we now know what random means don't we.
    No shit its random. Thats why your original sweeping statement about "lol run a coule of scenarios" isn't applicable to most.

463 is fine. It takes barely any time at all to get this.

Just looked at my main's armory - I've run 21 heroics - always queued random never specific. I currently have 9/15 of my dps set complete @ 463 ilvl. My tank set is 10/15 @ ilvl 463. Combined wearing some dps and some tank pieces the only slots I'm yet to fill are chest and both rings. This is with pretty crap drops btw. I'd hate to look at the percentages of drops won based off items dropped.

21 Runs @ 25 mins average run time (which is very lenient - most runs are under 20 mins) = 8 hours and 45 mins.

This is very easy to do. Seeing as LFR is being released 2 weeks after actual release - play 3 hours a day first week, ding 90. Play 2 hours a day second week grinding heroics and be ready to do LFR. Or if you're crazy - play 20 hours first day, ding 90. Grind heroics for 12 hours 2nd day and be 463+ ilvl

I am happy with 463 ilvl. It really won't be that hard, especially since they are buffing the ilvl of JP gear to 458. I don't want to ding and go straight for raid finder, I want to just play around in some dungeons getting gear to kill the raid bosses

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    THE Ilvl is perfect in my opinion. It requires you to basically have full hc blues or so which is exactly what you should have entering raids anyway. If you must wait an extra week to enter LFR, where's the harm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    THE Ilvl is perfect in my opinion. It requires you to basically have full hc blues or so which is exactly what you should have entering raids anyway. If you must wait an extra week to enter LFR, where's the harm?
    This guy right here, nailed it on the head.

If you 'need' to raid LFR (ie in a hardcore guild like myself) you will have 463 before next week, regardless of what cost. No sleep, spending all your gold, whatever, it will be done.

The majority, though (The people whom aren't high enough ilvl because they've not grinded heroics for 5000000 hours) don't 'need' to do LFR as soon as it's launched. An extra week for you won't break the game, but it has a pretty huge influence on the world first races. Getting people some LFR trinkets is a pretty huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

We have like 3 people that arent 463+ out of a 35 man roster, grind heroics more.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been 90 for 5 days now. I also work full time so I only play in the evenings. My current item level is 462 and I have a couple of greens still which I will be able to replace with new JP/VP/PvP items when I get home from work that should push me over the cap. Heaven forbid people actually have to do heroics to get gear before raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by toasttemp View Post
    Now that it's official, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the difficulty of achieving ilvl 463 for LFR. Heroic 5-mans drop 463 loot, so we are expected to either:

- grind out heroics and pray for a drop till _every_ slot is 463
    - hope for loot from a world boss one or twice a week
    - pvp (464) for pve gear
    - black market auction house

This seems to be too high a bar to set for a casual player. I thought that the 4.3 requirement of 6 levels below heroic 5-man loot (378 quest rewards and drops / 372 required) was much more reasonable.

Discuss.
    8 days of daily and i have both epic crafted tailoring pieces as well as the epic boots from sha of anger quest item

getting 463 isnt hard at all
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

463 does seem a lil too high considering a guild has already cleared the first raid on normal with i doubt anyone in that raid having an IL higher than 468 lol

i got my 463 gear and i didn't do that mutch, still got 3 acievments left (jup guild runs get bored with just running trough so you get acievmenz .P)

and with rep grinding sooner or later you get your gear anyway. one of the best caster trinkets is for rep -.-^^

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No shit its random. Thats why your original sweeping statement about "lol run a coule of scenarios" isn't applicable to most.
    I'd check what I said again as I never said to run a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    No, it doesn't take "a few hours" to equip every slot with 463 items. It's called rng and rep grinding to get patterns that are 463.

Not to mention spirit of Harmony. Also rng.

So no

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."