Can I transfer over my SSD to new machine?

I purchased a Vertex 4 SSD and custom installed it into my 13 inch Asus Zenbook UX32VD ultrabook. Recently Asus brought news of their newer 15 inch Zenbook which I would like to upgrade to. If possible I want to just transfer my current SSD into the newer machine, power on, and be good to go but there are a few things I'm concerned about compatibility-wise which is the purpose of this post:

Current Zenbook..........New Zenbook
    GPU: nVidia 620m .......... nVidia 650m
    CPU: i7-3517U .............. Unknown, but it might be a normal moblie processor rather than an Ultra Low Voltage one like the 3517U
    Other factors: Motherboard/chipset drivers such as sound, ethernet, touch-pad, laptop functions (like Fn+(x) to increase/decrease screen brightness, sound, backlighting, sleep mode, etc).

As far as the GPU is concerned, I'm pretty sure the driver software is the same across the entire 6 series line, and I'm not sure processor is even a factor in this. If anyone could give their input as to if this would work with little to no work that would be amazing. I have the knowledge and experience to do a fresh install, but it's rather a hassle from a USB as there is no cd drive and I'd rather not re-install all my programs. Thankyou!

It will work but I think the problem will be that Windows will recognize it's a new system and make you re-register it via Microsoft. You can always just uninstall all the device drivers so you would have any compatibility problems when loading it on the new laptop.

Deleted
    maybe unrelated but how is the current ux32vd lacking?
    zenbooks were intended as ultramobile not as gaming powerhouse (altho they still really pack a punch ^^)
    i just tweaked my own ux32vd with a SSD + ram upgrade did take some tries with drivers etc but now it's smooth sailing with high performance and no driver issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what'll happen is it will initially try to boot using the drivers from your old mobo and never fully load windows. There's a way of using Hiren's boot disk to boot in mini windows xp and run a couple utilities to delete the old drivers and windows will use generic drivers until you can download the drivers for your new mobo. It didn't work for me personally, but it has for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Better doing a fresh install on it as it will get rid of any issues and bloatware already on the thing.

Windows isnt a portable Os that can just be swapped between computers on a drive and be expected to work.

If you get rid of installed drivers by using sysprep you should be fine.

Although, a fresh install is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    If you get rid of installed drivers by using sysprep you should be fine.

Although, a fresh install is what I would do.
    Since you're basically going to have all the hardware drivers installed as the drivers and hardware will all basically be from the same families, you can go ahead and insert it. You may have to reactivate though.

Windows 7 is no longer like Windows XP where if too much hardware has changed it won't boot into it at all.

(I've taken a hard drive out of a Dell with Win7 to upgrade the drive, then I placed the old drive into another PC that had entirely different HW just to test that custom-build out.)