Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Okay the one that has the ruin underneath it, is that the one who has the stone debuff. The one with the glow on it, is that the one that is overpowered and that does less raid damage when overload goes off, or is it the other way around?

Unless something changed from beta, the one that isn't near the others will never Overload (100 Energy), which is why it's important for the tanks to coordinate because if that one starts to Petrify, the MT has to be quick to taunt him over and the OT has to taunt one of the others so you'll only ever have 2 Overloads going off at any given time (from the two that the MT has). One is always kept off to the side so he doesn't Overload.

When we're better geared we could probably just tank all of them together and AOE the crap out of them; you'd just need enough heals to survive 3 Overloads going off at once.

They should be colored (Blue, Purple, Green, Red). The one that doesn't generate anything turns gray (like the regular Quillin mobs), the ones that are have their appropriate colors
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2012-10-03 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Unless something changed from beta, the one that isn't near the others will never Overload (100 Energy), which is why it's important for the tanks to coordinate because if that one starts to Petrify, the MT has to be quick to taunt him over and the OT has to taunt one of the others so you'll only ever have 2 Overloads going off at any given time (from the two that the MT has). One is always kept off to the side so he doesn't Overload.

When we're better geared we could probably just tank all of them together and AOE the crap out of them; you'd just need enough heals to survive 3 Overloads going off at once.

They should be colored (Blue, Purple, Green, Red). The one that doesn't generate anything turns gray (like the regular Quillin mobs), the ones that are have their appropriate colors
    I'm thinking the one that has the light (rather it be Blue, red, purple, or green.) has the empowerment (resistent buff that puts on the people) which when he goes off does very little damage to the raid. The one with the rune underneath it has the petrify debuff.

Basically I believe you want the one with the light (empowerment) to go off, because it does very little damage and you basically have to cross your finger that it gets on the one that has the rune debuff on it to knock the stacks off. If not before you get stoned you HAVE to have the one with the petrify debuff to go off and blow raid CD's because if it doesn't have the light/empowerment (resistent buff that gives to the players). That's what I believe I am seeing.

You can tell which one is active by looking at your Petrify bar on your screen, it will be color coded based on the one that is 'active' at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    You can tell which one is active by looking at your Petrify bar on your screen, it will be color coded based on the one that is 'active' at the time.
    Well what the hell is the white rune underneath the boss then? Also what does it mean when the boss light up/aura around them? Is that empowerment/resistent debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    THIS! plz halp
    If the empowered one pops, the petrification debuff you have makes you take 90% less damage from it. If an unempowered one pops, you take full damage. That's why. You don't want the unempowered ones to pop (at least minimize it as much as possible).

Also, if your healers are under-geared, add a 4th. There is a lot of raid damage to heal, particularly while learning the fight.

This kind of misinformation just makes the fight way more difficult. You NEVER and i will repeat NEVER have to have two overload at the same time or one overload that you don't need to. You can always have just one overloading if you rotate more just the overloading add. You have to rotate all 3 mobs constantly with taunts to make sure the one that overloads is always with the one with the lowest energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanubial View Post
    This kind of misinformation just makes the fight way more difficult. You NEVER and i will repeat NEVER have to have two overload at the same time or one overload that you don't need to. You can always have just one overloading if you rotate more just the overloading add. You have to rotate all 3 mobs constantly with taunts to make sure the one that overloads is always with the one with the lowest energy.
    This makes sense.

Question:
    Does the Mob being tanked away from the other two lose energy while it is away? Or does it just not build anymore until it is rotated back into the group?

This seems to be another thing that people are saying one way or the other.

Which is wrong?

for one, don't break chains.

Keep the dps and the healers stacked up and following the tank with the two guardians, and keep the people who are chained together right on top of each other. It does nothing if they stay together. It made the fight so trivial doing it this way, trying to break the chains after a few stacks was wiping us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our tanks just didn't understand how to taunt, they're not stupid, just conditioned to really easy content that was Cataclysm,
    I created this little guide to explain how to manage the Quillen & Overloads.

http://imgur.com/a/ecEG7#0

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    This makes sense.

Question:
    Does the Mob being tanked away from the other two lose energy while it is away? Or does it just not build anymore until it is rotated back into the group?

This seems to be another thing that people are saying one way or the other.

Which is wrong?
    It doesn't lose energy, it doesn't gain energy. 90% reduced damage, and keeps the energy at whatever level it's at when taunted away.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    Our tanks just didn't understand how to taunt, they're not stupid, just conditioned to really easy content that was Cataclysm,

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

It doesn't lose energy, it doesn't gain energy. 90% reduced damage, and keeps the energy at whatever level it's at when taunted away.
    There seems to be a little confusion here. My guess is in 10 man, with only 3 dogs, the energy bar of the lone puppy stays the same.

The person that posted the information about the lone dogs losing energy also was posting how hard 25's are. In our 25 man runs the lone dogs do in fact lose rage when by themselves.

Thank goodness, in my opinion. 4 dogs up is crazy.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Is it that much better to have two active guardians alternating between the two tanks? We were making sure to always have the MT with two (the one casting Petrification) and the lowest energy one. If the OT has two at times, doesn't that mean a lot more raid movement? If it's significantly easier, though, then I'm all for it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanubial View Post
    I did say "unless anything changed from Beta". In Beta you ONLY worried about the one petrifying the raid, and you had 2 overloads going off at any given time because of that. You didn't have to do any shuffling beyond a single Stone Guard (the one that was petrifying).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    My fraps proves you wrong. The single quilen stayed at the energy it had when tanked solo.
    As one of the few people who have killed this on 10m and 25m already I'll chime in here. On 25m if a quilen is away from the others its energy will drop. On 10m its energy will NOT drop when it is away from the others but stay stagnate.

For those who don't get it the objective on this fight is to explode ONLY the quilen that is petrifying the raid, and not the ones that aren't. The reason for this is when you are being petrified by for example Cobalt Quilen you will take 90% reduced damage from the Cobalt Quilen. In otherwords its explosion will do like 30k to you instead of 200-something. If it isn't petrifying you then you take the full amount. Sometimes you'll eat a full explosion you should be popping raid cds if this happens.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:23 PM ----------

I did say "unless anything changed from Beta". In Beta you ONLY worried about the one petrifying the raid, and you had 2 overloads going off at any given time because of that. You didn't have to do any shuffling beyond a single Stone Guard (the one that was petrifying).
    Beta is undertuned on purpose. You could stack all three on beta and destroy them. Strats that are used in beta are usually zerg strats that ignore mechanics (something you could probably do when Mogushan is at 30% nerf and everyone out gears it to high-heaven). For now though doing the fight as intended is going to prevent you from getting a headache; which means only exploding the one with the petrification and doing all you can to avoid exploding the other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    topping people off is real hard...

My only issue with this fight right now is the mana. Healers are running out of mana by 50-75% of it. Even when we were obeying all the mechanics. Our raid got to 99mil and I looked at my mana bar and went oh shit...

I sense a health & slight damage nerf to this fight.

Health in 10m being lowered to 110m & damage by about 5-10%.

It feels fairly overtuned right now for just stepping into it. And I'm in full 463 gear with a raid piece. Our whole raid had 463 with the exception of a dk in 460
    I have heard this about 10 man, fo 25 man we had no problem. It's funny, feng spirit walker and the spirit kings are all easy, and spirit kings is actually a really fun boss
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Posted this in the other Stone Guard thread aswell.
    Video of our kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRad...&feature=g-upl
    Its not a guide and its def not the cleanest kill you will ever see, but it includes vent and hopefully you can see some of the mechanics and hear how we tackled some of the things. Like I said, no amazing things but hopefully it will help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    Yeah we got Jade, Jasper and Amethyst too and struggled quite a bit. Seemed like Healers were going OOM w/the Guardians still at 60% health and the Tanks were getting trucked. Idk seems over-tuned for the average raider. I realize hardcore guilds probably have no issues with this. Just left us all frustrated at the end of the night seemingly getting nowhere for 3hrs Wish we could have saw more content.
    Raid finder is out next week and it's there for "seeing the content" But yes, I can understand the frustration. But you got them to 60%, I'm certain that didn't happen on the first attempt..that's progression. It's not always measured in whether or not you downed a boss, but I'm sure your group was learning the strat and steadily getting better, Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it!