"Computer" automatically comes up on start up

Hello.

So after the "Welcome" message when I first turn on my computer and get my first view of my Desktop, the Computer file comes up.

Not sure what to call it, but going to Start, then clicking Computer - and that file that gives you your local discs etc, named computer - That's what keeps coming up each time I start up my computer.

Not really a big issue, and I just simply close the window, but I'm just trying to wonder why is it suddenly doing this, and is there a off option or something to make it stop popping up each start up?

First instinct, I would guess there a shortcut to My Computer in your startup folder.

Go to the start button, all programs, and the Startup folder.... see whats in there.

Anything in there will run at startup.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Hello.

So after the "Welcome" message when I first turn on my computer and get my first view of my Desktop, the Computer file comes up.

Not sure what to call it, but going to Start, then clicking Computer - and that file that gives you your local discs etc, named computer - That's what keeps coming up each time I start up my computer.

Not really a big issue, and I just simply close the window, but I'm just trying to wonder why is it suddenly doing this, and is there a off option or something to make it stop popping up each start up?

In that Welcome windows scroll down and uncheck the automatic startup with Windows and then restart the pc and it won't come up again.

Another way to do it is to go to start, type msconfig press enter, go to the startup tab, find the welcome center startup entry, uncheck then apply, ok and restart.