1. #1

    Resto: What haste breakpoint are you going for pre-raid?

    While im getting closer and closer to maxing my gear in 5-man heroics I have start looking at the haste breakpoints. There are still some of the 463 pieces I can replace with gear that has haste on it and some that is not even 463 yet but im not sure how much time I can spend on farming it.

    Getting my hands on the 3043 cap should be no problem at all.. while getting all the way o to 6652 for the next WG seems very harsh. And the 4700ish points with Lifebloom and regrowth doesnt really seem worth it?

    So my plan is probably sticking around 3043 and reforging to spirit and mastery after that.

    What is your plan?

    Ps. This is assuming 5% spell haste of course.

  2. #2
    I think I'll be getting 3043 and then probably going full spirit after that, it seems like the only realistic breakpoint worth going for, pre-raid at least, in the long run 6652 will definitely be the target though, and imagine it will be for the rest of the expansion as the next breakpoint worth thinking about is 12458.

  3. #3
    I also will be going for 3100ish, but I am curious to test how wild growth interacts with the level 60 tier talent that gives you 50% haste. I also think being the first tier I will need some serious spirit regen so I am going to go full on spirit after the first haste breakpoint.

  4. #4
    The only attainable break right now is 3043. After that if a piece has spirit and haste and you are over cap, reforge to mastery. Right now you really should not use any items without spirit as reforging another secondary stat to spirit gives you much less than a piece that has it natively. In my pre-raid list I have values of about 8500 spirit (with 2 JC spirit gems), 3100 haste (hard to get right at 3043 with such large numbers on gear now), and 3400 mastery (much more than I thought I would have).

    6652 might be possible with full epic tier, but it also might not be worth it. Getting to 6652 gains you only an extra tick on SotF Wild Growth and an extra tick on the standard Wild Growth in addition to general casting haste (mostly nourish). Gaining another 3600 mastery instead (or spirit if possible) gets you another 7.5% mastery (7.5% increase to HoT potency), which is nothing to take lightly.

    Depending on how gear goes this expansion I wonder if 3043 might be our only break worth going for if talents/spells stay as they are. As regen improves with gear we'll be using less nourish so cast time spells will be less important and regrowth is already very fast.

    Quick note: You shouldn't worry about gaining extra regrowth ticks since you should have it glyphed which removes ticks. The HoT component of regrowth is fairly weak as well.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-10-01 at 07:33 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Quick note: You shouldn't worry about gaining extra regrowth ticks since you should have it glyphed which removes ticks. The HoT component of regrowth is fairly weak as well.
    Meh, I have to disagree with the the suggestion to use the Regrowth glyph, for PvE at least.

    Baseline, Regrowth has a 60% chance to crit. Add another 5% crit from raid buff and maybe 5-10% crit from int/gear and you are looking at around 70-75% chance to crit before using the glyph. While the hot component is weak it is another source for Swiftmends. Omen of Clarity Regrowth followed by swiftmend is a lot of healing for not much mana

    For PvE, I personally don't see a glyph that adds at best 30% chance to crit (to a spell already very likely to crit anyway) as worth losing the extra small amount of healing from the hot and more importantly more swiftmend opportunities.

    The gylph also will get worse and worse as our int/crit increases from gear upgrades (im not even 450 ilvl - no gems or enchants except LW bracer 500 int - and i have 10% crit, giving me 75% chance for RG crit in a group/raid)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-10-02 at 01:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Meh, I have to disagree with the the suggestion to use the Regrowth glyph, for PvE at least.

    Baseline, Regrowth has a 60% chance to crit. Add another 5% crit from raid buff and maybe 5-10% crit from int/gear and you are looking at around 70-75% chance to crit before using the glyph. While the hot component is weak it is another source for Swiftmends. Omen of Clarity Regrowth followed by swiftmend is a lot of healing for not much mana

    For PvE, I personally don't see a glyph that adds at best 30% chance to crit (to a spell already very likely to crit anyway) as worth losing the extra small amount of healing from the hot and more importantly more swiftmend opportunities.

    The gylph also will get worse and worse as our int/crit increases from gear upgrades (im not even 450 ilvl - no gems or enchants except LW bracer 500 int - and i have 10% crit, giving me 75% chance for RG crit in a group/raid)
    You are correct about scaling, however our gear currently is very poor and dealing with extended high damage on a single target is difficult. Healing touch is too slow and you can't risk not getting a crit with regrowth and the seed that comes along with it. I'm ilevel 460 near bis preraid and still find it completely mandatory. We'll see how raids go tonight. If damage is light enough I might drop it.

  7. #7
    Extended high damage is usually covered by some combo of NS+HT, Ironbark, RG->SM, ToL, NV, etc so i can continue HT casting. And i tend to nourish spam the tank while in damage lulls, so i don't often get into the situation of near death and HT is too slow. Also, the seed healing part of RG crit only comes into play after they are hit again... so if the tank needed the seed healing to survive that next hit, he's prolly dead now.

    Now, that being said, that could all change come raids tonight. Its certainly possible they'll be spiking too often for NS/ironbark/sm/etc and that extra 25% chance may be worth it. I just happen to doubt it (we'll see)

    Though if the tank keeps getting into the near death and not enough time for HT scenario...its more likely to be bad gameplay/insufficient gear on the part of the tank and/or our healing team (myself included), than the 1/4 chance i don't crit on a RG because i'm missing the glyph.

    <rubs hands together maniacally> lets find out tonight <eg>
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-10-02 at 05:32 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Meh, I have to disagree with the the suggestion to use the Regrowth glyph, for PvE at least.

    Baseline, Regrowth has a 60% chance to crit. Add another 5% crit from raid buff and maybe 5-10% crit from int/gear and you are looking at around 70-75% chance to crit before using the glyph. While the hot component is weak it is another source for Swiftmends. Omen of Clarity Regrowth followed by swiftmend is a lot of healing for not much mana

    For PvE, I personally don't see a glyph that adds at best 30% chance to crit (to a spell already very likely to crit anyway) as worth losing the extra small amount of healing from the hot and more importantly more swiftmend opportunities.

    The gylph also will get worse and worse as our int/crit increases from gear upgrades (im not even 450 ilvl - no gems or enchants except LW bracer 500 int - and i have 10% crit, giving me 75% chance for RG crit in a group/raid)
    I felt this way too but it seemed like I was critting for a LOT less than pre-patch without the glyph because I'm in crap gear at the moment. I sure do miss the hot for a Swiftmend but a non-crit regrowth is near useless so I'm using the glyph for the time being.

    To the OP, I'm going for 3043 and then spirit all the way. I'm certain I'll need it.
    Ashr

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Extended high damage is usually covered by some combo of NS+HT, Ironbark, RG->SM, ToL, NV, etc so i can continue HT casting. And i tend to nourish spam the tank while in damage lulls, so i don't often get into the situation of near death and HT is too slow. Also, the seed healing part of RG crit only comes into play after they are hit again... so if the tank needed the seed healing to survive that next hit, he's prolly dead now.

    Now, that being said, that could all change come raids tonight. Its certainly possible they'll be spiking too often for NS/ironbark/sm/etc and that extra 25% chance may be worth it. I just happen to doubt it (we'll see)

    Though if the tank keeps getting into the near death and not enough time for HT scenario...its more likely to be bad gameplay/insufficient gear on the part of the tank and/or our healing team (myself included), than the 1/4 chance i don't crit on a RG because i'm missing the glyph.

    <rubs hands together maniacally> lets find out tonight <eg>
    I don't use ToL, it's inferior in all but extreme tank damage situations, IMO. SM-> Wild Growth with SotF is significantly better.

    I don't even have HT bound. I don't think it's a spell worth casting without NS presently. Either Regrowth if tank needs a faster heal or let hots tick and nourish for slower damage (when you would use HT anyways). Using Regrowth instantly on clearcast on whoever needs it.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-10-02 at 06:29 PM.

  10. #10
    My goal right now is 3043. Right now I have 3051 haste with 8095 spirit, which seems fairly good for pre-raid gear. Just need a Price of Progress already.

  11. #11
    The Patient Drefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    I don't use ToL, it's inferior in all but extreme tank damage situations, IMO. SM-> Wild Growth with SotF is significantly better.

    I don't even have HT bound. I don't think it's a spell worth casting without NS presently. Either Regrowth if tank needs a faster heal or let hots tick and nourish for slower damage (when you would use HT anyways). Using Regrowth instantly on clearcast on whoever needs it.
    I use HT when I can time it with a big incomming hit such as the Impale on Deathwing, but it's worth having binded IMO :P

    I'm going for 3043 Haste with Reju , LB and WG glyphs. I don't really like the Regrowth glyphs since it's almost critting everytime anyways and I mostly use it as a filler heal when I get a Omen of Clarity Proc.
    It's also nice to have the HoT when things get intense healingwise. Sure the 100% guarenteed Crit could be nice, but having a Swiftmend right after is something I think is really good since It could save you a GCD.

  12. #12
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    While Soul is obviously an amazing WG CD coupled with SM+efflor leading to really nice burst AoE, unless you need burst AoE Tree can still give it a run for it's money. Mass LBs for CC and healing, 2 additional targets for WG, and instant RG aren't things you should just dismiss.

    As for the RG glyph, I wouldn't take it just to cut out HT. HT is still viable, especially now that nourish is almost a waste to cast since the hpm is really bad now. I would never assume HT is going to crit, but I also wouldn't assume that I would never need RG's hot to SM off of. I won't be using the glyph for tank, raid, or challenge mode healing.

    OP you are correct, you either get the 3k or 6k caps, nothing in between. I'll be going for the 3 until I have better gear.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Instant CC and also burst DPS is also pretty amazing in challenge modes and certain boss fights.
    Btw ToL no longer boosts wrath damage, so we cant use it as a dps cd anymore, at least if my memory isn't off. /sad panda Miss being able to toss some high powered nukes :P

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Btw ToL no longer boosts wrath damage, so we cant use it as a dps cd anymore, at least if my memory isn't off. /sad panda Miss being able to toss some high powered nukes :P
    Yeah, right after I wrote that I literally blew it as a dps cool down in a challenge mode to no avail. How depressing.

  15. #15
    It's no longer a DPS cooldown because we have Heart of the Wild.

    Tree + HotW would be ridiculous burst.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •