Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    so they sold 2.7 million copies and gained 900k subs, profit is profit no doubt. if they hold true to their promises i can see them staying above the 10 mil mark, if they dont i think itll be a decline.

in all honesty though who cares. play what you like. im not playing WoW but im not against them doing well either.

2.7 million is kinda abysmal given their past success but as I've said time and time again what the fuck do you care? Seriously theirs a 73 page thread on this forum where you guys argued speculation ad nauseum. Well it turned out to be relatively not so good. Now does that matter? Will you sullenly accept you were wrong? Obviously not and the other side won't accept that it doesn't matter one fucking bit anyway. I knew every fucking rationalization and justification, anything you people needed to tell yourselves would come out of the wood work if the sales were bad or if they were good. Someone should make a list of every reason you people can come up with to dismiss shitty sales or good sales for that matter. Hilarious though. Blizzard deserves a better community.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-04 at 03:17 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    That number will go back under 10 million in 6 months. So tbh i wouldnt brag about that, just gotta do more pr spin in the future
    Except not really. Chinese sales will bring this number up to 5 million easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Knowing people who work in the financial departments of Blizzard for a few years. It's also why I yesterday already knew about this number of sales.
    Thanx for the extra large helping of bullshit, but Im going to decline this one because youve already served your daily amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Any business man that ignores almost half of their posible target audience (Asia) is not a good one.
    Getting a game in to China gives you a lot of hoops to jump through, remember Blizz having to sanitise WotLK to keep in line with the regulations? Also you can not run your own servers, but have to have a Chinese intermediary who will pay royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Any business man that ignores almost half of their posible target audience (Asia) is not a good one.
    Blizzard has nothing to do with Asia. The only target audience they have is NetEase who brings in a neglectable amount of revenue. Asia is nothing but a publicity stunt so Blizzard can boast about x million subscribers while they only have 3-4 million which are relevant.

Fuck, I see the thread is already infested with the cult that feels the need to come depict the sales numbers as more positive than they really are. Why do you people need to ruin your own game by pulling wool over your and other people's eyes?

The game sold less copies in it's first week than TBC did. Fact. The game sold much less copies than WotLK and Cata did in their first week. Fact.

Hopefully Blizzard can turn these numbers around by convincing it's playerbase during the content of MoP. (Just like they convinced their playerbase to stop bothering with Blizzard during Cataclysm).

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Except not really. Chinese sales will bring this number up to 5 million easily.
    No, it won't. Read through the thread before asking why.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Thanx for the extra large helping of bullshit, but Im going to decline this one because youve already served your daily amount.
    There's a limit? And here I am, replying to every nonsense from players for the last few years!
    Where were you when it mattered? :'(

Anyway, I would love to see his proof.

And to stay ontopic: It's 2.7 million sales.
    That is a good sale.
    Period. No chance in hell that I'm actually going to discuss that with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Getting a game in to China gives you a lot of hoops to jump through, remember Blizz having to sanitise WotLK to keep in line with the regulations? Also you can not run your own servers, but have to have a Chinese intermediary who will pay royalties.
    Blizzard doesn't run their own servers in the United States, they lease them from a company and they are run via remote commands. You will not find some massive underground server base in Blizzard HQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Yeah because people who work on financial departments of companies don't have friends and it's not like developers and other old school people dont hang out on IRC to talk about what's going on in their respective businesses, because nobody has a shared interest in how gaming companies or the development and sales of games are going. Because games are only for people without jobs right? And heaven forbid that people in the circle of the business themselves enjoy their evenings talking about games with their friends while playing said games.

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So the 8 year old dead game sold more copies on the latest x-pac than the last alleged WoW killer?
    This guy wins the thread .
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    bullshit, straight-up bullshit.

show me where bioware claimed that their numbers were US/EU only.
    They don't even have the game available in regions outside of US/EU and Oceanic. Like most western MMOs. So of course their numbers exclude asia which more than doubles Wow's sub totals.

Game over Pandaria haters.
    Game over WoW haters.
    Game over mainstream gaming media

WoW didn't die, it grew. Yes sales were down, but keep in mind we also lost 2 million players.

Remember my prediction back in August? "Those million who quit last quarter left from boredom. They will return for MoP."

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

Now get off our forums before I run you out.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Damn, this game as much in a week then SWTOR and GW2 did in a month? Crazy.

I had my doubts as well a few times in the past, I mean at some point it HAS to go down right? Old players quit and new players would choose to play new games. And it even requires a subscription!
    But this freaking old game still blows brand spanking new games out the water. I mean, it is from the same year roughly as CoD 1. Imagine all those crappy CoD fansboys still playing the first game (with some graphic updates, okay). I am not even going to predict anything about this game's salesfigures anymore. It just doesn't want to die haha.

Edit: WTH, people saying these sales are bad? Then you must be completely insane. Other companies stop developing PC games because this game won't die. It sucks the life out of the PC community. The sales figures are equal or better then BF3 and CoD: MW3 combined on PC. And before this game shooters were always the big sellers on PC. And now the expansion pack of a 7 year old game takes a dump on the sales of the 2 largests shooters on the PC.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-10-04 at 03:31 PM.

Fuck, I see the thread is already infested with the cult that feels the need to come depict the sales numbers as more positive than they really are. Why do you people need to ruin your own game by pulling wool over your and other people's eyes?
    What did you expect? Theirs a 73 page thread on the front page of this very forum that is 73 pages based on PURE SPECULATION. These people can't let it go. Good or bad. They've all tied their egos to how well or how poorly Blizzard does. It's worse than politics. It's grossest most disgusting form of theater on the web I can think of. It's worse than Springer...
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The fact is that they sold almost 3 million copies of a "dying trash game". Period. Haters gonna` hate. Im moving on to the class forums now to discuss PvP. Good day haters, Im glad you all finally got to taste your own feet. Hope you packed salt.

Infracted. Don't help keep arguments going by provoking them
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Game over WoW haters.

WoW didn't die, it grew. Yes sales were down, but keep in mind we also lost 2 million players.

Remember my prediction back in August? "Those million who quit last quarter left from boredom. They will return for MoP."

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

If anyone was expecting that there wouldn't be an initial burst after an expansion, then they were being idiots. Of course there's an initial burst, it's an expansion. But the burst doesn't set the stage, they have to hold the people who have already quit before, which will be harder than holding them the first time. It will fall back down every quarter until the next expansion.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Game over WoW haters.

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

Like this guy. Perfect example. It's still lost from it's peak of players. It hasn't sold anywhere near what the previous ones did. None of that matters though. GET OUT YE HATERS I HAVE DECRIED SALES ARE FINE. The shareholders are probably more rational. We'll see what the stock does and what the market expectations were like...
    The hammer comes down:

From what I've heard the new subscribers are much younger than usual by a large margin too, so maybe Blizzard will be able to impress a younger generation with their game to expand their future subscriber base, but the older generations seem to be abandoning the game.
    So by this you actually mean "From what I've made up, but am going to try and sell as some deep insider knowledge"
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

The fact is that they sold almost 3 million copies of a "dying trash game". Period. Haters gonna` hate. Im moving on to the class forums now to discuss PvP. Good day haters, Im glad you all finally got to taste your own feet. Hope you packed salt.
    Like this guy. Put his fingers in his ears lalalalalalal

Look it wouldn't matter if they sold TWO copies. He would still say game is growing you haters suck. All of it, from either side is totally irrational.
    The hammer comes down: