Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
... LastLast
  1. #761
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whether or not they go with it or whether there will be a free version and a premium ect ect we dont know yet but all signs point to there atleast being a free version of titan
    There is a FTP game on the activision/blizzard horizon but I'm pretty sure it will not be Titan.

    If you look at their Q1 summary sheet for 2012 (bottom right hand side) it mentions an FTP game and their new MMO which we all know as Titan. Seems the FTP is pencilled in as being obtainable only via battlenet whereas Titan will be obtainable via retail and battlenet plus the way it's listed indicates two distinct products.

    Gah can't link the Q1 sheet on here *sighs* but google is your friend :P

  2. #762
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    100
    Just an observation but I honestly don't believe many people actually grasp just how profitable warcraft and the franchise in general is for blizzard.. even with "dwindling" numbers (i use the term loosely)

    Combining box/digital sales, subs, the online store (account services and the mounts/pets you can buy) along with all the other stuff like the books, tgc and so on.. they could drop to 3 million subscribers ( a million to America, Europe and Asia respectively ) and still be laughing all the way to the bank

  3. #763
    When I first heard there were going to be "ads" in Titans, I sorta envisioned it as being incorporated with the game content. For instance - futuristic setting, flying a spaceship of some kind in a futuristic city-like setting, and there are huge billboards with real products on them. Your character, instead of buying honeydew tea from a vendor, buys a Monster energy drink. That sort of thing.

  4. #764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmai View Post
    There is a FTP game on the activision/blizzard horizon but I'm pretty sure it will not be Titan.

    If you look at their Q1 summary sheet for 2012 (bottom right hand side) it mentions an FTP game and their new MMO which we all know as Titan. Seems the FTP is pencilled in as being obtainable only via battlenet whereas Titan will be obtainable via retail and battlenet plus the way it's listed indicates two distinct products.

    Gah can't link the Q1 sheet on here *sighs* but google is your friend :P
    you're thinking of blizzard all stars which is free. however what im talking about was specifically blizzard looking for people to put ads into "their next gen mmo" which is titan
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #765
    I am actually surprised this thread is still open, what with the amount of name-calling and such. I will say that I am quite surprised to see fizzbob saying positive things about WoW as for nearly the entirety of Cata he has been a very outspoken hater of the game.

  6. #766
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I am actually surprised this thread is still open, what with the amount of name-calling and such. I will say that I am quite surprised to see fizzbob saying positive things about WoW as for nearly the entirety of Cata he has been a very outspoken hater of the game.
    Yeah, I stopped participating on page 19, nothing new to discuss anymore.

  7. #767
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I am actually surprised this thread is still open, what with the amount of name-calling and such. I will say that I am quite surprised to see fizzbob saying positive things about WoW as for nearly the entirety of Cata he has been a very outspoken hater of the game.
    fizzbob isn't a fanboi and fizzbob calls things exactly what they are. if my favorite game is bad, i call it bad and try to find something else. if i quit and find out it's worth playing, i'll be right there playing it again. i'm pleasantly surprised with mop right now, i've got a lot of real life bullshit going on and it's kept me busy and my mind off stuff i can't control so not only am i enjoying the game but it's keeping me sane. maybe blizz finally gets it now

  8. #768
    To me, realisticically, only players who count are those who bought the expansion. The rest just keep their subscription active and do almost nothing or are heavy casuals/some rare players who like older content. That's all. I fail to see the other way. So, wow has like +2,7mln active players that count, which also fits my experience and numbers from the biggest realms.
    So, basically, ToR, GW2, WoW are equal in terms of number of players EU/US.

    Those who think differently are victims of PR and marketing and can't make their own conclusions.

  9. #769
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you're thinking of blizzard all stars which is free. however what im talking about was specifically blizzard looking for people to put ads into "their next gen mmo" which is titan
    Well you said "all signs point to there atleast being a free version of titan" but I don't see someone being hired to do product placement in the new MMO as an indication there will be a free version of Titan.

    I just see it as Blizz being smart enough to try and tie up companies, with lots of money, to subtly advertise their wares thereby covering some of the costs of the game if purchasers/subscribers aren't what they expect them to be at launch.

  10. #770
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    To me, realisticically, only players who count are those who bought the expansion. The rest just keep their subscription active and do almost nothing or are heavy casuals/some rare players who like older content. That's all. I fail to see the other way. So, wow has like +2,7mln active players that count, which also fits my experience and numbers from the biggest realms.
    So, basically, ToR, GW2, WoW are equal in terms of number of players EU/US.

    Those who think differently are victims of PR and marketing and can't make their own conclusions.
    Its also the fact that since china doesnt buy expansions your getting alot of accounts/subs from over there. And since GW2, ToR, dont have a chinese version ppl cant compare the total amount of WoW subs to the total sales/subs of another game. I know ppl in NA/EU like to think WoW is a 10 mil sub monster but its really like 4-4.5 mil subs. Your right only those 2.7mil+ matter, eventually that will go up prolly by another million by the end of the month, and youll see that only 300k-700k players arnt upgrading to mop.

  11. #771
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    To me, realisticically, only players who count are those who bought the expansion. The rest just keep their subscription active and do almost nothing or are heavy casuals/some rare players who like older content. That's all. I fail to see the other way. So, wow has like +2,7mln active players that count, which also fits my experience and numbers from the biggest realms.
    So, basically, ToR, GW2, WoW are equal in terms of number of players EU/US.

    Those who think differently are victims of PR and marketing and can't make their own conclusions.
    That's ok. You can sit behind your rock and the rest of us will understand how paid subscriptions work. Not everyone rushes out to buy this game. 3 of my friends bought their copy last night. Others are waiting for payday (today). I'm playing Rift until I'm bored and then will hop back in Mop. My wife loves it!

    Just like Apple products not everyone rushes out like a fool to buy it on Day 1. End of month sales tell the real story.

  12. #772
    These all show how succesfull the previous expansion was. Obviously wotlk was the most succesfull expansion and because vanilla isn't an expansion and wow wasn't as popular.. I think it's safe to say cata was a big failure.

  13. #773
    Herald of the Titans Duridi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Just like Apple products not everyone rushes out like a fool to buy it on Day 1. End of month sales tell the real story.
    I'd say sales for the entire period it's current.

  14. #774
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's ok. You can sit behind your rock and the rest of us will understand how paid subscriptions work. Not everyone rushes out to buy this game. 3 of my friends bought their copy last night. Others are waiting for payday (today). I'm playing Rift until I'm bored and then will hop back in Mop. My wife loves it!

    Just like Apple products not everyone rushes out like a fool to buy it on Day 1. End of month sales tell the real story.
    thats alright you can sit behind your rock and the few of us who actually know what the market is will continue to try and tell you how many players there actually are in the NA/EU market to which other games compete not the chinese market where the majority of WoW subs come from but no other game competes in.

  15. #775
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    thats alright you can sit behind your rock and the few of us who actually know what the market is will continue to try and tell you how many players there actually are in the NA/EU market to which other games compete not the chinese market where the majority of WoW subs come from but no other game competes in.

    say it all you want. Wow still beats any other MMO with just NA/EU, so what is your point?

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    say it all you want. Wow still beats any other MMO with just NA/EU, so what is your point?
    I don't give a shit if it beats other MMO's in numbers. If I find the game fun, I play it. If I don't, I quit, like I did with MoP. I will come back for the final patch just to kill that failure of a character Garrosh, for ruining the Horde.


  17. #777
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,866
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I don't give a shit if it beats other MMO's in numbers. If I find the game fun, I play it. If I don't, I quit, like I did with MoP. I will come back for the final patch just to kill that failure of a character Garrosh, for ruining the Horde.
    Um... Ok? Pretty sure your reply had nothing to do with my post. If it does I don't understand.

  18. #778
    Rorschachs speaks the truth...Cata was so bad that even after selling 4.5M copies in first month in the end 3M people quit, MOP has "only" sold 2.7M and the game already got 1M subs more. Im pretty sure the subs number will fluctuate and im not saying MOP will bring it back to 13M but MOP is indeed a very solid and fun experience so far for me and many other players....

    Relase day sales imo could work as a proof of how anticipated the game was, not how good it is, its like thinking that a movie with big premiere numbers is a good movie...(im looking at you spiderman!)

    While some people here have used valid arguments of why the numbers look bad (which i dont agree with) some other people bashing MOP sales sound like "HEY THIS IS NOT FAIR, AFTER ALL THE BAD THINGS I SAID ABOUT PANDAS THIS XPAC SHOULD FAIL!, DONT BUY/PLAY IT PLEASE, I NEED ALL MY WOW DOOMDAY PROPHECIES TO HAPPEN OR IM GONNA END UP TEMPTED TO PLAY IT!!!"

    Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by resto4life; 2012-10-05 at 10:31 PM.

  19. #779
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    thats alright you can sit behind your rock and the few of us who actually know what the market is will continue to try and tell you how many players there actually are in the NA/EU market to which other games compete not the chinese market where the majority of WoW subs come from but no other game competes in.
    Wow's american market has more than 5x the amount of paid subscribers of the #2 mmorpg on the market, which is Rift btw. #3 SWTOR dropped below 1 million this summer in all combined regions. Less than 50% of Wow subscriptions come from the APAC area after they lost so many over the past 9 months. They accounted for roughly 5 million when Wow hit 12 million. They also pay 1/3 or less per month than we do in the US.

    An informed person would probably realize that with APAC subs down, no MOP in sight and current subs over 10 million that the majority of subs are in US/Europe. It could even be as high as 70%. This level of detail will never be published though.

  20. #780
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I don't give a shit if it beats other MMO's in numbers. If I find the game fun, I play it. If I don't, I quit, like I did with MoP. I will come back for the final patch just to kill that failure of a character Garrosh, for ruining the Horde.
    Can't take you seriously, your sig tells it all. You expect people to take your opinion into consideration with a game vs game bash like that.

    It's mists of pandaira.. oh wait Door Wars 2 WvW door smashing fun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •