Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a little strange...double rep for things where you go from unfriendly to friendly. eg therazane the starter quests give tons of rep :S

Still doesn't help the situation with trying to unlock shado pan and celestials on alts

Deleted
    Worst change ever Atleast the Revered to Exalted thing for main

Translation: Insane title trivialized, and going from revered -> exalted faster than honored -> revered.

I don't particularly mind the alt change but that revered-exalted thing yeah... seems unneeded.
    I would've preferred it for alts to have double rate of reputation with the faction after a character reaching exalted only.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Worst change ever Atleast the Revered to Exalted thing for main
    Or, you know, not. They could have chosen to leave it the way it was, but they decided to make it easier. I think it's awesome, personally, and I will start leveling up alts now that I know it will be easier to get reps up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revered to Exalted for my MC runs for rep will be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, essentially, itll take less overall time to reach Exalted then it will Revered? huh. (effectively, 10500 rep now will be 21000 rep when this change hits live. 12000 rep to hit revered. Of course, first time only- alts will have 6000 rep for revered, 3k for honored, 1.5k for friendly, ect)

If you ever thought about going for insane, after this patch, go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Seems a little strange...double rep for things where you go from unfriendly to friendly. eg therazane the starter quests give tons of rep :S
    Oh, yeah! That's a really good point there Same for Sons of Hodir if I'm right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why they did the whole "2x as fast from Revered-Exalted" thing, but I'm not complaining. I like maxxing out reps, but doing 25+ dailies every day is annoying. I prefer to do them individually*, but with the only way to get rep with MoP factions is to do dailies... I kinda have to.

*I don't mean "derp farm dungeons to get exalted", i mean rep grinds like old timbermaw/sporegar/etc

15+ Year Old Account
    With some clever shenanigans, shouldn't it be possible to stay at least Neutral with Bloodsail and Booty Bay now?

Makes leveling up all 11 of my toons and grinding their rep a little less painful, good move on blizzard's part at least. I don't feel like spending most of my week in the future just grinding dailies for all my alts just to get the required gear to raid at the next raiding tier.

Best xpac ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Why do people mistake convenience with "easy and hard?"

Was rep grinding hard and took a great deal of skill and only the BESTEST HARDCORIEST PLAYARS EVAR got anything to exalted?

No. The only thing required for any rep was time. Rep grinding is just one big massive time sink. Doing the same 5 or so dailies every day does not take

any kind of skill. All it takes is boredom. On top of that, doing the same rep grinding across 3 or more alts does not take any skill, either. It takes

excessive boredom and possible addiction to WoW to want to do.

To anyone upset by this change, tell me, what exactly are you going to miss about the older rep system? That it won't take you a month to grind a faction,

it'll only take 3 weeks? Lawd have murseh.
    I hope you realized when you wrote this post that MMORPGs DEPEND on time sinks to keep players occupied and thus subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    Because accomplishing something difficult makes you happy, and it can also make you stand out more which also makes you happy. Have you never done something impressive in your entire life or something?
    your comparing grinding a long tedious reputation in a video game to get an achievment with doing something impressive in real life?????????? lol really really?

i have almost every rep in WoW to exalted and i approve this change

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Cant make it more stupid, do you, Blizzard? Of course you can.
    If you're going to pointlessly criticize, at least use proper grammar.

Thank you Blizzard!

Me and my girlfriend would have loved this when we were levelling our alts. As for the naysayers... well all this does is remove the time component from grinding faction rep -letting us get on with better things.

Great news.

The best idea i think especially for people with more then 4-5 toons is to make reputation BoA when one of characters gets to exalted. I really cant imagine how i could grind all those Pandarian reputations to exalted on 13 characters.... Make it BoA... If many other achivements can be why no reputations. Is it really makes such a big difference for u Blizzard? Be brave, do manly decision )) Make us happy.

Quote Originally Posted by serrt2 View Post
    Fu sake why make it so silly easy?......
    Grinding rep is *currently* easy. It's just a grind.

*Proposed* is still easy grind: just less time involved.

*Result* you should have more time for better things that involve skill or fun. This is why Blizzard made this decision.

I like the change, always found it utterly boring to grind reputation on multiple characters.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath