Poll: Which Rep System do you like?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Ok, what does "Semi-serious" mean? does it mean "we all do random dungeon finder on our own" or do you actually create groups where you do them with the guild? i mean...it only took me 2 days toget ilvl 463 with the rest of my guildmates i ran with.

Dungeons are easy and does not take a whiole lot of time, if you only have an hour or so to play, then you shouldent even think of raiding since riading outside of LFR takes more time than LFR, if you DO have about 2-3 hours atleast, then it shouldent be hard for you to gear up.

Progression in WoW has always been proportional to how much time you are prepared to spend on the game, spend only 1 hour each day, then dont expect to raid.
    Yes it has been. Thats the point. The rate of progression to time investment was much lower and it allowed guys like me and my friends who didn't have a whole lot of time to do something. This has been thrown completely out of whack because the most convenient and accessible way to gear your toon for the most convenient and accessible way to raid IS BORKED UP THE ASS. It's regressive and it attempts to make the game vanilla wow again without actually understanding a damn fucking thing about vanilla wow and why it was good versus why it was bad. WoW got to be where it was today by being less mmos then the other mmos in the market. In fact this was more and more progressively so over the years. To make it more mmo, MORE GRINDY is dumb. The last time they had such a regressive change was DUNGEONS ARE HARD in cata and look how that worked out.

Dungeons are easy and don't take alot of time except when you need every fucking piece to be 463 and you have to farm just that ONE PIECE. Before I could replace that one piece with JP gear or *SHOCK* A SINGLE FUCKING PIECE OF VALOR GEAR that I didn't need to pull teeth by doing daily fucking quests to rep grind my face off and I wasn't at the behest of RNG or NINJAS and I DIDN'T NEED MY GUILD TO HOLD MY HAND BECAUSE BLIZZARD CANT GET IT'S ACT TOGETHER. So you join the dungeon, go to the boss you need and leave if it doesn't drop. Group splits and you get saved until tmmrw when you can do it again.

Furthermore this also gets away from the fucking fact that HEY I HATE FUCKING DAILIES. I'd rather not have to fucking pull teeth to just run LFR. They had a perfectly good system and the ONLY PROBLEM was that we had to much fun gearing and Blizzard couldn't keep up. Not my fucking problem Blizzard. I like your expac but fix this shit.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-05 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    I don't like the Wrath Cata way of gaining rep as each tabard doesn't really feel like you've worked to earn the right to wear it. But I don't like how you need reputation with a specific faction to spend Valour points on a piece of gear. The system is good in some ways but I feel like I have to go on everyday and do every single daily just so I can get rep with them, bit annoying really. Also, VP is annoying to come by and I don't recall getting any from the first 2 bosses in Mogu'shan vaults either.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the old system.

I loathe dailies and always have.

I'd have much preferred things like this:

ilvl 450 Blues from factions would of stayed the same, and cost gold
    ilvl 458 JP gear that's is not faction specific
    ilvl 476 Valor Gear that is not faction specific
    ilvl 489 Epics from factions cost gold

Multiple avenues to gain things is one thing they were going on about, and it doesn't seem they've quite yet followed through with that.

Plus, it just seems weird to me that you have to earn two things to buy one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    New model is great, I welcome back the return of things to do in the game other than raid.
    There is nothing new about having dailies to do for faction rep.

The "things other than raiding" that are new do not require that grinding dailies be the only way to move a faction rep upwards.

I really didn't feel like going through 5 pages to forget what I wanted to say, so sorry if this has already been said.

If tabards are ever re-implemented back to allowing us to gain rep inside dungeons, do a rep cap like there used to be for guild rep.

No I do not Enjoy playing World of Dailycraft. A mix of what we have now and TBC would be nice. Right now the game is set up to drag out what content there is as long as possible. Want those BIS enchants? GRIND YOUR REP!! Want those crafting patterns? GRIND YOUR REP!! Want to spend your jp/vp? GRIND THAT REP!!

Dailys, to me, are the cheapest and most bull shit form of "content" there is.

Oh and I forgot want to unlock all the factions? GRIND YOUR REP!!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the current system better than wrath. I actually get a feel that I know the people who I'm gaining rep with by the end of it all. In Wrath and Cata all I did was put on a tabard and kill things yelling "for this faction!". . .kinda broke the immersion some. I'd rather do dailies. Then again I love grinds.

And before people say I have no life. . .I work a full time job and have a lot of IRL responsibilities. I won't hit 90 on my main till tomorrow and its gonna take me months to get all these factions up cause I won't have time to do ALL the dailies every day. AND I FAPPING LOVE IT!

It makes things slower which is always better. Wrath and Cata were too fast to get factions exalted. Throw on a tabard, grind dungeons and there you go. Epic boredom. Thank God it was changed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No I do not Enjoy playing World of Dailycraft. A mix of what we have now and TBC would be nice. Right now the game is set up to drag out what content there is as long as possible. Want those BIS enchants? GRIND YOUR REP!! Want those crafting patterns? GRIND YOUR REP!! Want to spend your jp/vp? GRIND THAT REP!!

Dailys, to me, are the cheapest and most bull shit form of "content" there is.

Oh and I forgot want to unlock all the factions? GRIND YOUR REP!!!

I kind of agree. I like the TBC model where some reps were tied to dungeons and others were dailies. So for this exp the factions that sell jp/vp gear would be dungeon reps (Klaxxi, Shado, Golden Lotus, Celestials) and the others would be dailies since they only give vanity items anyway. I didn't like tabards since it didn't really make sense to me that you could kill whatever and gain rep with a faction instead of like in TBC where you killed the enemies of that faction to gain rep. Ialso dont like how they put some crafting patterns on gated reps and others on reps you gain while leveling.

Tabards made you feel like even if you won nothing in a 5 man you still gained something, rep. And through rep you could slowly add gear if the RNG gods hated you. Right now you que up win nothing and have basically wasted your time. Fortunately 5 mans don't take 2 hours like they did in cata. Maybe they should add specific rep to specific 5 mans. You can then gain rep while running 5 mans but you can only que specifically once a day making it hard to grind a specific rep. Dailies are nice to do while waiting in a que so it would be nice to see better synergy between the two.

I liked when there were dailies as well as tabards. I also REALLY miss the rep tokens you could buy in Wrath.

Deleted
    Personally I didn't mind the current system without any changes but I'm sure I will benefit from the extra rep on all my alts so it's all good.

The only bit I think wasn't needed is you should have had to get to exalted with a char before the rep gain kicked in but at the end of the day it ain't such a big deal as we do still have the time/effort=reward so I'm happy.

If anything , the new system will only help to burn players out faster on the game. Why remove the tabards in the first place? It wasn't broke so why fix it?

I'm working at a shit job and just got a payrise, great and everything but it doesn't change the fact that i'm still working at a shit job.

to benefit from this new system u must have 0% life

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    I did like the TBC rep system.
    Some rep from dungeons, some rep from grind, some rep from dailies;

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It makes things slower which is always better. Wrath and Cata were too fast to get factions exalted. Throw on a tabard, grind dungeons and there you go. Epic boredom. Thank God it was changed. lol
    -------------this proves u play 90% of the day

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    -------------this proves u play 90% of the day
    No, it was fast though. You could grind dungeons over a weekend super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    Any time someone in the forums brings up rep, the first thing that comes to mind is farming lower city rep by running shadowlabs. That was too much fun.
    Still have nightmare of that o.O

OT:

I like the new system, more then the old one. The dailies dont take long just a couple of minutes of your day. Feels like people got way to lazy. All you want is stand in OG/SW with your tabard's on waiting for LFG to pop up...