Wow is getting old, GW2 does some things good, others not so good, and RIFT is great but could be considered too close to wow to be its own game. If only there was an mmo that had everything other MMO's did right, and not do anything the other MMO's did wrong, so discuss what do you think other MMO's did right that you would like to see in a new mmo and what things should your dream MMO avoid?

For me the following things other MMO's I have played did right

WOW
Colourful world with a painterly cartoonish style that could not be outdated as time goes by
mounts
druids (This is the only mmo which has druids the way I like them, I really want a new game with shapeshifting into animal forms)
challenging instances (before nerfs)
fluid pvp
reputations
great storylines and voice acting (kara is a good example of great voice acting- moroes)
seamless world
gear variety
awesome music
collectible mounts/pets etc
achievements
currencies from instances/pvp went on a tab in your character screen
pet/mount tabs
pet pvp (I have to admit I really do love this idea, and while I haven't played MOP, I am glad a game FINALLY did this as something else to do/enjoy with your mini pets)
fluid fighting and fast paced in pvp

GW2
graphics are great
indepth world
jumping puzzles (lots of fun)
downleveling to match a zone (some may disagree, but I like it)
no gear grind in pvp, it is purely about how you play and not what you wear
structured pvp is more about strategy and skill
dodge mechanic
real world events (active quests really) that you can see happening
a personal story
home instance
cosmetics not tied to stats
mob variety
every profession and any spec can do an instance
great music
killing the smae mob rewards everyone
everyone can collect the same nodes and is not tied to learning a profession like herbalism or mining - you can collect anything
great customization on characters
big cities that actually could hold a large number of players
a lot of npc interaction
achievements
can move while casting/fighting

RIFT
graphics are great
collectibles in the world (Relics - it gave you a reason to explore and run around a map)
challenging raids (much more than wow)
guild instance (with their new exp)
map notifications of events
events gave things you wanted to work for something
multiple choice in professions, you could mix and match a multitude of abilities
changing gear looks was easy (place a set you liked in wardrobe and it always overwrote your existing gear looks, and you had multiple tabs in your wardrobe so you could keep multiple looks)
variety of major events in each zone with diff bosses

Things these games do wrong

WOW
pvp is about gearing first then pvping(hate this so much as it is a huge time waster, I want to fight, not gear, that is what pve was for, stopped pvping in wow for this very reason)
they made instances too easy in the end
too much grind
flying mounts (they are great, but at the same time I feel it was really something the game shouldn't have added)
over exaggerated armour, it just keeps becoming more and more ridiculous.
gear transmutation is a poor mechanic
cant move when casting

GW2
loading screens for every zone
expensive travel system
anti farming - diminishing returns on mob loot (apparently to prevent botting, all it did is hurt the community)
shoehorning decent profit to only be made via playing the trading post (reminds me of neopets where it split the community to poor/rich and no in-between)
lack of reward in instances (not even a decent reward to make back what you lost if you died a lot)
still a spec requirement in instances, even though there was claim any spec was viable in an instance
home instance didn't change as you progressed and was not customizable
lack of gear variety
gear transmutation is a poor mechanic
no skinning
too many npc's repeat the same thing over and over too quickly
evens repeated too fast making them feel pointless to do
not enough zone bosses (one major event/boss per zone from what I can tell)
too much running around with lack of speed
currency rewards from instances take up space in bags/banks
mini pets are mostly miniature heroes/npcs which is weird and not right.
pets still stuck in your bag as wasted space
Loading/black out screens for certain things (unlike wow when you get shot out of a cannon in gw2 you do not see your character flying/falling, instead you get a loading screen and technically portal to wherever the cannon has shot you, like on a building 200 paces from the cannon)
hardly any emotes
not enough abilities

RIFT
static events, no consequences if you lost, all the mobs just disappeared if you failed
still stuck with the ideal spec (they did aim for all specs to be be viable, but unfortunately I think it was unavoidable ppl would find the cookie cutter builds)
too many similar mobs in every zone (I think in the entire game there was only 50 different types of mobs before patches, and the repeated number in every zone was shocking)
cant move when casting

There is possibly more but I cannot remember them at the moment. But these are the biggest ones I can think of. Ultimately I just wish another MMO would have a feral druid class with shapeshifting like wow. It is the only reason I go back is because it is the ONLY game with this particular class.

Share your thoughts!