Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    More of the same. Anyone who thinks different is just deluded.

The game will be bleeding subs like crazy in a month or so, when everyone is bored to tears again.
    Your not a very optimistic person are you.

Despite evidence to the contrary, with the mass majority here in this thread either thinking its either ok, or singing its praises, if anything i think it will stop the bleed of subs leaving, and maybe even bring some of those who left back into the fold.

I know for one that at least 3-4 of my friends have come back to the game after me telling them to get back into it as MoP is suprisingly worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the quests. Every zone's questlines just flow together, leading from one area to the next. Some of the quests are really fun, like doing the sniper quests in Jade Forest lol.
    I love the pet battles. Holy crap I've burned a LOT of time on them!
    I love the gear. Especially the level 80 stuff with insanely high ilevels :-) My 80 twink is in twink heaven.
    I love the music. Sometimes I find myself just sitting afk and listening to the music!
    I LOVE the new dungeons, at least the ones I've been in so far. They actually require you to THINK! At least moreso than the Cata and Wrath ones lol. Bosses with mechanics? What is this madness?!? :-P
    I love the Pandas.

I hate that once you hit 90, EVERYTHING turns into goddamn rep grinds. It's almost required to do them. As someone with a character of each class (what, 12 of them?) That's a lot of freaking dailies to do. Screw all that nonsense.
    I hate the bugs. Holy shit there are a lot of them. I've reported at least 20 of them so far. Granted, it was just released, I know there will be bugs. Doesn't mean I have to like them.
    I hate the whining. My foggy memory can't remember that far back, but I'm pretty sure there has been far more whining about far more topics in MoP than there was in Cata. Trade chat, every time I log in, is nothing but people QQ'ing about freaking everything. "I can't queue for challenge modes? This sucks!" "Heroics are faceroll, I'm quitting!" And all sorts of other BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    best expansion so far imo.

there's just soo much to do atm. hope they can somehow keep it like this

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:36 AM ----------

Who are you to decide who will leave the game or not? Keep your mouth shut about it. You have your right to talk about your own opinion. Don't talk about subs bleeding etc.
    LMAO. Somebody is taking things a tad personally. It happens every expansion, albeit at different times. Subs start to go down as people get bored. Usually it is towards the end of an expansion. In Cataclysm it was at the beginning. This isn't opinion, it is fact. I am not saying WoW will definitely saying they will start losing subs 3 months in. What I am saying is, if they fail to meet their promise of frequent updates a lot of people aren't going to be sticking around. Obviously since I am talking about the future, this is my opinion, because I promise you I am not a terminator that has been sent back through time to troll the forums. Right now, I am playing and enjoying MoP and I personally will likely be playing much longer than 3 months regardless, but I too will stop subscribing the second there is no longer things for me to do in game that I enjoy.

As cata was about to end, The positive thoughts I had for MoP started to dwindle. I started having some doubts about MoP but now I can say that it is much better then what i thought.
    I would say, so far, I am really enjoying it (Giving it about a 8.9/10)
    I would go as far to say that it, to an extent, feels kind of over whelming. (I have many, many alts and my prediction is this will die down as time progresses of course). I am sort of glad that Blizz with-holded LFR, and normal raids, so that I at least had some time to level one alt/gear my main a little more.

Can't be real or honest because i look at what happened to cataclysm. I would have given that xpac a 10 two weeks after launch. In reality, it bombed longevity-wise. Let's see what happens to pandaria's aging process

Honestly MoP is fine. Better talent trees then in every previous expansion, fun new content like pet battles (i've to admit at first i spent more time doing pet battles then lvling my character and no i'm not die hard fun of pokemon either). In terms of balance it's too early to say but quite a few things are obvious in PvP - hybrids healing (read SP/Boomkin) needs to be toned down, otherwise we've to wait and see how things turn out.

But... not reseting MMR on start of new expansion is a rediculous choice that once again makes me question developers sanity.

Anyway it's good old WoW properly reshaped to become more appealing for everybody. Have Blizz done a good job - yes, could they do a much better job - yes they could.

I give it 5

-More of the same repetition system
    -Even more daily quests
    -Even more Farm
    -Faceroll Heroics
    -Faceroll Scenarios

Challenge mode is interesting but, again, same dungeons that you alredy completed in Normal AND Heroic a thousand times, so, I believe that the most fun thing that they introduced in MoP ended up being the Pet-Battle System ¬¬

At the beginning MoP is good but with time you realise that you're doing the exact same things over and over again, and it get boring really fast.

daylis 2/10 .. to many . to often . to many people
    raids 9/10 saw first 4 bosses dead yesterday .. shitload of cool effects and mechanics, way better then ds (i don't like stand and dps fights like ultraxion)
    warlock 9000/10 connected to cata were warlock sucked the big one <3
    overall design 8/10 love most of it ecept the farmville stuff
    coss realalm zones -4000000000000000000000000000/10 ... biggest shit blizzard made since classic
    sha of anger/galleon 1/10 .. the bosses are cool but thanks to our server it means .. sha spawns, 3000000 people run there .. lag .. lag COMPLETE MOP LAGS!! (not just there) 3min later boss dead since some palas cheat again and someone gets loot

so for the parts i actualy care it's the best addon since bc for me. and soon the dayli shit will be over

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The players seems to be more like a threat nowadays. THE SECOND THERE*S NO MORE CONTENT I*LL UNSUBSCRIBE HERPA DERP. People had subscription either way, down time up time. People think of themselves like some mighty powah, ohh 12.99 a month, blizz you better not mess with me cuz then 1 of 10 mill subscribers will leave woohoo

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    I give it 5

-More of the same repetition system
    -Even more daily quests
    -Even more Farm
    -Faceroll Heroics
    -Faceroll Scenarios

Challenge mode is interesting but, again, same dungeons that you alredy completed in Normal AND Heroic a thousand times, so, I believe that the most fun thing that they introduced in MoP ended up being the Pet-Battle System ¬¬

At the beginning MoP is good but with time you realise that you're doing the exact same things over and over again, and it get boring really fast.
    In cata you whined about heroics being too hard, now too easy. Please make up your mind?

I love it.

Mogu'Shan Vaults is a very well put together raid.

Although Heroic Dungeons are easy, you can tell how much work they put into them.

Scenarios are an easy time burner and are enjoyable.

Dailies aren't half bad. I usually hate them but I don't mind them this time around.

World Bosses are a blast and feel competitive.

I just did Pet Battles for the first time today and I'm hooked on them.

Have yet to do Challenge Modes.

Don't like Tillers. Farmville just..isn't my thing.

Levelling was fucking awesome.

And that's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Click on portal. *poof* I'm in a 'new zone'.

That is not the definition of distance. This is a WORLD. Not a hodgepodge of texture slaps and emptiness.
    You totaly missed the point but sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10 for me so far. It has a TBC vibe to it but with all the quality of life improvements we've gotten used to.

I look for challenging content and between Challenge Modes and the Raids, this expansion has it. I also hated the idea of doing dailies but decided to try them when I was very close to a reputation mark to get a piece of gear I wanted. I'm glad I did, some of the quests are very well designed and the voice acting is amazing. Gotta love the Klaxxi.
    Ashr

Deleted
    So far, so good.

Don't like the forced rep grinds for valor, don't like that i have to run dozens of dungeons/dailies outside of raiding to rack up some valor points either.

I enjoyed the quests, the areas where fluid and i didn't miss flying at all till level 90.
    Being able to jump straight into HC's from questing, and not having complete wipefests was nice too.

A lot of new mounts/vanity items have been added which is also quite nice.

Can't wait to try out the new raid tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    You totaly missed the point but sure.
    Nah I heard you could fly to Pandaria from Uldum if you just try reeeeeeally hard. :P

Deleted
    It''s great. I like it a lot!

Good i think. Though i cant raid due to queue times to log in, and raiding is pretty much the only thing i really want to do.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Loving the leveling, the story, the general design.

Dislike the fact that we're back to the TBC mentality regarding faction grinds. I was hoping we'd left that behind us for good. The dailies are okay, but I can see them getting annoying rather soon.

I feel like i always have something to do at the moment. Gearing, PvP, heroics, scenarios, farming, dalies, reputation grinds, challenge modes, and now raiding. I think this will be enough for the first four months of the expansion for sure, however I'm uncertain how it will be after 5.2. Since a lot of the current content will get out dated unless they buff scenarios for example.

On the other hand though, I've got more to do now than any other expansions launch before, and reputations are pretty enticing since each one has an awesome mount. Unlike say Cata and wrath, where all of the reputations had boring rewards.

I'd recommend MoP to people who had put the game down for a while defiantly.

After playing Guild Wars 2 for a while and really getting into it, I cant even play it at the moment. Its incredibly boring in comparison to the new expansion imo. Though I'm probably being biased.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I feel like i always have something to do at the moment. Gearing, PvP, heroics, scenarios, farming, dalies, reputation grinds, challenge modes, and now raiding. I think this will be enough for the first four months of the expansion for sure, however I'm uncertain how it will be after 5.2. Since a lot of the current content will get out dated unless they buff scenarios for example.

On the other hand though, I've got more to do now than any other expansions launch before, and reputations are pretty enticing since each one has an awesome mount. Unlike say Cata and wrath, where all of the reputations had boring rewards.

I'd recommend MoP to people who had put the game down for a while defiantly.

After playing Guild Wars 2 for a while and really getting into it, I cant even play it at the moment. Its incredibly boring in comparison to the new expansion imo. Though I'm probably being biased.
    My roommate and I were wow'd by GW2 when I bought it and we both played it.

I just got..bored of it over time.

I dunno.

Only having like..10 skills wasn't very exciting.

The art style too just isn't my personal style.

I mean, it's a great game.

It's just not MY type of game.

new raids, so I'm really happy

and the boss we killed/tried were fun, maybe very slightly undertuned given the fact that we severely undergear them, but mecanics are fun and heroic mode seem really promising. Also need more totally OP trash !

Leveling was kinda annoying but was fast enough so it's not an issue anymore once it's done

And there's so many things to do that I'm pretty sure I won't get bored for the next 4-5 months, so no reason to complain neither.

I really can't see how they could make things better (and I only really have issues with outside boss beeing overfarmed on my server, I'd prefer if they either droped lower level loot, were a lot harder, or could be looted by more than 40ppl each time (right now it's nearly mandatory to try and kill them, but many groups are up each time and the first to tag it always manage to kill it no matter what, and the fact that you can use many coins by killing it as many time doesn't help at all)).